Dat consistency

>dat consistency
>muh broken emersion

ridly scott confirmed for homosexual

The Covenant is a high tech colonization ship. The Nostromo is a dirty ass tugboat equipped with cheap tech.

>The Covenant

Isn't that Prometheus?

>this Scott drone damage control

When was the nostromo commissioned and when was the covenant / prometheus commissioned?

Nostromo looks like it was built in the 80's...

well maybe losing all those fucking expensive ships to alien planets set up a red flag at managerial.

they're in the future. they're not retarded.

>computers are too expensive in the future

What about that "Alien-Blade Runner" Universe?
Sounds so fucking cool

>mfw the Alien vidya actually keeps all the tech level 80s syfy and happens 60 years after Prometheus.
Its looks awesome too.

Nah keep Alien garbage out of Blade Runner.

Honestly the one on the right is more aesthetically pleasing.

Should've done an Archer, where technology is trapped in its own aesthetic.

mechanical keyboards are timeless, nigger

It's almost as if our idea of future technology has changed, in part due to speedy progress and development in real world.

>high tech exploration vehicle
vs
>small tug carrier
You could look at NASA as an example of this.

It's already canon Blade Runner is in Alien universe.

imagine flying through space in a windows 98 computer, that alone would scare the shit out of me

Nah, its not.

>It's already canon Blade Runner is in Alien universe.

We all know thats an easter egg, unless the new one proves otherwise.

Wow it's nothing!

>high tech mother supercomputer is a 16bit punchcard piece of shit

Computers are always too expensive

>this denial

>"Uhura, contact Star Fleet."
>"Aye Captain, as soon as I figure out which unlabelled, candy colored button I should be pressing."

So that first email was sent in 2019?
Weyland is THAT old?
Tyrell corporation has THAT much longevity after Tyrell was murdered by his only invention?

Good questions

Technology is cyclical, read a book for once in your life

How long until we're using cassette tapes again?

>technology is cyclical

no it isn't you fucking retard, smarthphones are 1000 times more powerful that early computers and can do almost anything.

Weyland was born 1990. He was already a prodigy in his early 20s so 2019 is not that bad.

Except have longevity. Eat shit you retard

Tape is still used for high end data storage.

I give you 13 Reasons Why thats going to happen soon.

Did you two ass clowns really take that bait? Fucking miserable, welcome to your first day on Sup Forums.

>post somethign retarded
>call other people retards

hmmm

>prometheus
>probably not even a year old
>best of the fucking best in every area because shekels

>nostromo
>might be over 100 years old
>was built to last and be easy to maintain
>probably cheaped out on refits

I can accept this.

In the future, industrial designers will also be edgy trendies.

So you're saying it's only a matter of time?

THIS
H
I
S

at least its not Win ME

>science fiction movie
>instead of 50K megaquality definitions people watch videos on shitty blurry holograms

>nostromo was built in 2022
>1980's tech onboard

hmmm

you understand they have trained their whole lives just to press those buttons on the console.

>emersion
that's all you need to know about the haters. Prometheus was simply too deep for them. Patricians see a multi-layered satire about the folly of man, plebs see muh dumb characters and muh CGI.

Holograms are a meme that sticks purely out of habit because movies from the 60s-70s when it was new. They may at some point become used en masse for storage, but visually they're shit.
Even Oculus like VR pieces are more likely to become mainstream than holography as a visual medium, and they will be much cheaper, dependable and versatile.

*ahem*

Radiation hardened equipment. :^ )

jesus chrysler learn how to use ms paint. You make a valid point tho

>a magnetized disk of silcon is more resistant to radiation than a piece of plastic with dots etched on the underside covered by even more plastic
>americans believe this

>NASA still using technology from the 70's and 60's
>mad his smartphone tech isnt in space
not strong enough to handle space

>not getting the joke

you're loss

That's like saying the cheapest android smartphone uses typewriter keys and dos

Alien

>a chunk of dirt / dust is enough to ruin a floppy disk, and they are highly vulnerable to magnetic / electro static and radiation.

hmmm

Prometheus

APOLOGIZE

>This is a SSD 'hard disk' from a laptop.
Technology has moved far, far too fast for the 80's movies to predict. This thing is more like an isolinear chip from Star Trek

XENOPOSTERS BLOWN THE FUCK OUT@!!!!!

How can they ever recover? oh wait THEY CANT

Stupid Predposter

>How cul wud it b if Alien was in the same universze as everything?

12 year olds pls

Alien vs Predator vs Freddie vs Jason when?

not him, but i do agree that the Alien franchise is a completely jumbled mess with a director that cant even follow his own canon. And the hack says hes going to be pushing out more movies? just end me now....

desu its probably the only thing that could save the alien universe. whether it be in blade runner, or stay at home with the predator universe where their canon is safe and where they remain the rightful little pathetic prey they are.

and what if that trained officer dies and someone else has to take over?

then they all die

I can touch type too, but they still label the keys on a standard keyboard.

>reusing effects means they are now in the same canon

Brainlets out

>Babyfigs will never know the joy of installing kings quest IV on their computer with a dozen or more 5 1/2 inch floppies

uh scott has already confirmed that david is a replicant and a similar model to roy batty. he wanted to show roy batty models in prometheus but decided it would be overkill. there is concept art of it though.

I bet you think it's coincidence that the new blade runner trailer will play before alien covenant? better prepare your butt.

The Dirty Ass tugboat Space Truckers are handle the situation with smarter care and precaution than the high tech colonization group of scientists.