Implying the japanese were the bad guys

>implying the japanese were the bad guys

Needed more Driver.

t. weeb

>To the Mongs, I became even as a Mong.

what's wrong with this guys face

Exactly. You can't be welcoming to people who want to conquer you.

There were no "bad guys"
scorsese went full nolan with exposition so you could understand that

He looks like a modern facial reconstruction of a 10,000 caveman in a museum exhibition

>this is Udama, whose body was found preserved in a Dutch bog from ten thousand years ago, and we believe he was hunter gatherer exiled from his tribe due to his fuck ugly subhuman features

Too much vitamin C during pregnancy. People tend to overdose on it.

The maternal surname Wright is probably a clue. It's associated with woodworkers, like the Hivites or something. But basically anyone can look weird if they really wanted to.

>bad guys

fuck off you simple-minded pleb. Learn what historical context means

They'll still burn in hell for being heathens

They clearly were. They wanted only to maintain their subjugation of their own people, and were willing to torture and murder innocents in order to do it. Their view of religion was purely instrumental, existing to maintain class distinctions and pacify populations, with their only real concern being power. They were morally and spiritually corrupt materialists who couldn't fathom the existence of authentic faith, nor of a religion that prioritises the universal good by extending dignity to all people. It was the clash of an insular, power-oriented spiritually vs. a universal, morality-oriented religion. The novel is unequicovally critical of their behaviour.

I never really liked Garfield but he was really cute to me in this movie for some reason. I think it's the suffering and the soft voice

My sides

everyone involved with this shitshow of a movie is a bad guy

>this guy.

In a way he's right because they were undermining the Shogunate, but in a million ways he is wrong.

>oppressing people is fine as long as it's Christians
really made me think

Who implied that?

Inoue was great

They were the bad guys, you weeb faggot. They murdered thousands of their own people and let their culture stagnate for the next 300 years.

How is he wrong?

They were.

They should have opened their borders and stop persecuting Christians

Sure a select few Chistians caused some political turmoil and rebellion which caused the deaths of thousands, but not all Christians want that, most Christians are peace loving people that want to worship in peace.