So with Franco, thankfully, not making Blood American, which director can you see doing the book justice?

So with Franco, thankfully, not making Blood American, which director can you see doing the book justice?
And who could play The Judge?

Nobody can play the judge effectively because everyone has their own vision of who the judge is even though his looks are explicitly described in the book.

I've heard it stated often on Sup Forums that a movie for Blood Meridian should never be made, and that a TV miniseries should take its place, and I agree with this.

I know his height would be complained about but i personally think Hardy is a good choice for the Judge.

It could be done with visual trickery. I feel the better question is to who'd play the kid

Zack Snyder.

Ty Sheridan

He's starred in Mud and Joe. Both films have a very southern gothic feel. Plus he's a good actor.

I could see this. Also, pic related would be perfect for Glanton

Fuck off with your bait. If we're talking directors, though, I think Leone if he were still alive would've been perfect, but as he isn't, I'd probably go with Coppola

I'm not trolling either. I really think Snyder's sensibilites would fit 'Blood Meridian' perfectly.

See

why do you reddit shits want a horrible Blood Meridian so badly?
kill yourselfs for ever thinking about this turned into a movie.
every stupid opinion you have would guarantee a shit movie.
no one cares about what movie star you want as a character.
no one cares what director you want to ruin the story.

Michael Mann's Blood Meridian

>Slo-mo
>Over-done filters
>non-linear storytelling
>Obvious symbolism
>Over-the-top violence
>In Blood Meridian

"No"

>6'4
>250-280 lbs
>terrifying

The only acceptable casting choice

Saulnier

Or how about stop making shitty tv shows and movie based on books and just read the goddamn book. Especially one as masterful as Blood Meridian.

John Hillcoat
Andrew Dominik
Ben Wheatley

how good of an adaptation I'm not sure, but any of the three could make a killer movie out of it

have to use special effects to have his hand completely grab a grown mans head

>Terrifying at the buffet line

>Andrew Dominik

Already making a McCarthy adaptation.

Josh Brolin fuckin IS Glanton. No better actor to play him.

say what? Which one?

Cities of the Plains

Oh, right. Wasn't he trying to make that film for ages now? He's actually shooting it now? Should make for a great adaptation, he's a great director.

However, if there's one McCarthy adaptation I'd love to see, it'd have to be The Crossing. The ending with Billy kneeling on the ground and weeping his eyes out would be maximum kino.

>The last scene shows Billy alone and desolate, coming across a terribly beat up dog that approaches him for help. In marked contrast to his youthful bond with the wolf, he shoos the dog away angrily, meanly. Later, he feels a flood of remorse: he goes after the dog, calling for it to come backā€”but it has gone. He breaks down in tears.

Damn, this gave me feels and I didn't even read the book.

Solid choice

I was thinking the first two for sure.

I know Todd Field was at one point going to do it. Now? Prob not.

If also say Jeff Nichols but I don't think he enjoys violent material.

He's still trying, but I think he'll do it

Maybe Jodorowsky could do it.

He's already been in a Cormac movie. It's gotta be someone else.