ITT: Pleb filters

ITT: Pleb filters

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lVSEmLP1hUU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

So are you a pleb if you like it?

Agreed. Good acting + good score give it a big boost.

its absolutely solid until clark starts spying on lois and cyclops

seriously, this film proved that making the old superman movie style today could work, but it was messed up by
>the superman having a kid
>miscast lois

but other than that, its at least a solid 7/10 desu

not as overly quippy like mcu but not as muh grimdark as batman v superman

what are you talking about? the color in the movie is solid. same DP that did Drive

The mistake was making it in the same continuity as the old movies. It just needed to be LIKE them.

Is this capekino?

imagine an alternate reality where Superman wouldve got a compelte reboot like batman begins and batman wouldve gotten a burton style sequel ignoring forever and batman and robin

Are you saying that there would be a plane scene with Lex and CIA?

Yeah it derails itself a little bit but it has a lot of great character moments, like this line from Martha Kent at the beginning:

>The universe is a big place. You don't know what's out there, and even if you are the last, you're not alone.

And another moment, when Supes is talking with Lois in the rooftop of the Daily Planet:

>Let's start with the obvious question: Where'd you go?
>To Krypton
>But you told me it was destroyed, ages ago
>*cue the Krypton theme melody a few seconds later*

The movie has a lot of little moments like that that I have a soft spot for. It's really touching.

Yes. A beautiful, unique, and at times genuinely moving film that actually has thematic ambition beyond the save-the-world plots and Christ allegories that usually characterize Superman films

Why didn't Batman call Superman to deal with Bane? WHY?!??

In the sweet, enheartening, goody two-shoes Superman, his childhood was one of wonder.

In modern bullshittism Superman grimdark god damn it everything is a fucking stress package fuck you modern writers die you don't deserve to write it get your stinking buttfingers off it reeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

youtube.com/watch?v=lVSEmLP1hUU

Any dalton bond film

Granted it's no Aliens vs. Predator 5

Best disaster movie of the past decade, but plebs can't appreciate Paul WS Anderson kino

It's a nice homage to the Donner movies, but the script was some horrible shit. I think a terrible script seems to be a trend with WB and their capeshit. Do they hire from a different pool than the other guys or something?
Anyway, a million times better than that piece of shit that came after.

1. Superman
2. Superman II: The Richard Donner Cut
3. Superman Returns
4. Superman II
5. Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice
6. Superman IV: The Quest for Peace
7. Superman III
8. Man of Steel

Easily one of the worst superhero movies I've seen.It has the diswasher color palette that would carry over to the snyderverse but lacks any action or momentum.Superman does nothing but mope around and occasionally lift things.The villain, whom the hero never meets till the end, drives the plot with a convoluted and nonsensical plan to grow a super-continent made of stone and kryptonite that wouldn't be hospitable for life to survive on and then expects
the surviving human population to obey him and his handful of henchmen.

>old superman movie style today could work
It's nothing like the Christopher Reeves movies in tone or directing.It's a bland,lifeless husk that has hamfisted homages to the reeves/donner films.

Not to mention this superman is a creepy stalker and deadbeat dad who's played by the emotionless mannequin brandon routh.

he deserved a lot better than being a retread of the old Reeves films.

As a life long superman fan...this flick was fairly disappointing. Didn't feel very epic. Singer really dropped the ball here

>donner cut
>its the same reverse time gimmick
>"Zod what about freedom of the press XD"

nice hipster choice.

The reverse time gimmick was only reused because Donner never got to shoot his ending.
Still a far better film than the theatrical. Also, the Donner Cut got a theatrical release so I don't think it's too unfair or hipster to put it on there.

its pretty fucking hipster. It doesnt have a proper ending. it just takes out some of the goofy stuff which is fine but replaces "general would you care to step outside" line with a worse line

the 4 hours 1978 superman is better if we are picking "hipster" versions.

Yeah, but Superman also doesn't murder anyone or laugh as he watches Lois murder them.

I have a lot of feelings about this film. I'm old, so I saw the first Superman in the theaters when I was a kid. Reeve gets paralyzed and we're all NO NOT SUPERMAN FUCK!

So this movie comes along and I want to like it. Parker Posey is pretty good as Kitty, she plays off of Spacey nicely. Spacey's ... he lacked some of the genial warmth that Hackman brought to the character. He made Lex Luthor a little too cold. Part of the horror of Lex in the originals is that he seems like he's friendly and sort of this scientist kook looking to finally make it big, only it means drowning fifty million people.

Routh was alright. He made a good Clark Kent. Any generically handsome guy with a good jawline, who is tall with the right amount of steroids can be Superman, but it's hard to find a decent Clark Kent.

It's the little things ... that Side-by-Side scene ... what the FUCK was that doing in that movie?! Yurrughghghggh.

Lex would NEVER stab Superman with a shard of Kryptonite. Lex doesn't really "do" fisticuffs much past the sixties. It's too direct. Lex wants Superman to understand that he's defeated by Lex's brilliance.

Shitty Lois. Stupid poem while flying aside, Lois takes shit from nobody.

I honestly give it a C+. Wasn't as bad as everyone made it out to be, the actors were faithful to the characters, the Kryptonite island was dumb, but I was able to get past it. I felt like it was serviceable.