Hollywood's Asian problem

notice how there are no asian lead actors or actress? if they are in a movie or tv show. they are a side character or playing a role that screams Asian.

You never see an asian playing a normal starring role and their asian ness is never brought up or part of the story.

and blacks complained when they went 2 years in a row with out an oscar nomination.

>asians have their own movie industry
>asians aren't niggers who refuse to do any actual work

>notice how there are no asian lead actors or actress?

Society especially Western society deem Asians unattractive and weak and Asian's agree.

Outside of the kink for subservient chink women for your run of the mill beta there's no market for Asians.

half asians change their names and look to make themselves more white, in order to get work.

like Kristen Kreuk.

Because they can't fucking act and the very few that can barely speak English properly.

except for the fact california is full of asians that speak english as well as any other american.

I'm watching Tomorrow Never Dies, aka the worst Brosnan Bond, on Amazon right now. This Chinese actress is horrendous, rivals Denise Richards as the worst actress in a bond movie. She doesn't do anything but flex her jaw and stare straight ahead.

>aka the worst Brosnan Bond
That's not die another day, intro alone is better than anything in DAD

Agents of Shield girl too.

someone thought this was a good idea.

>unknown city in an unknown country. though mostly asians and they have a prime minister. so not the USA or Europe.
>go ahead and made the main character's brain that of a japanese girl.

and Munn made her self look like a Thai tranny now.

Cry more, colored. I'd have more sympathy for your gook kind if you didn't overwhelmingly vote Democrat. As it is, I would rather your kind dies off the same with niggers, spics, and mooselimbs.

Asians can't act.

Asian Americans are terrible.
Asian American kids have some of the worst identity crisises I've ever seen.

Asian Americans are always annoying Californian bitches who sound nasally like all valley girls.

We need some proper Chinese or Japanese Asians. Although they need to work on their pronunciation.

And none of them are good actors.

Explain.

>what is harold and kumar

Keanu Reeves is half asian iirc

Have you never talked to one?
They don't know whether to act black, white or Latino so they become this self hating amalgamation of all three.
The whole model minority thing fucked them up.

Thai trannies look way better than that.

Who was that Korean scientist in Age of Ultron? She seemed alright.

jackie chan? but yeah his role is always the kungfu chink.

the ones I've meet in the american south either act straight white or are second gens who still act asian.

a stoner comedy.

let me know when Rinko Kikuchi is starring as the lead in an Oscar bait drama, and isn't playing an asian character.

He's like a 3rd asian, but if you include then then yeah he's an exception who has had plenty of lead roles.

white women hate asian women. this is why its still cool to be racist against them.

>Katana isn't the 7th member to shut this shit out because Shazam

MISSED OPPORTUNITY!

>NO CHINKS?
>NO PLOBREM!

kys chinaman

Trump's army comin for you in 2021!

the fuck they can't

Let me know when that fob can speak English without a thick accent and having to shoot 20 takes of a 4 word line of dialogue.

Fffffffffffffuck off. America was conquered by European people. Asian have their own cinema (wich is great; Korea, China Japan have great movies) Holywood have no obbligation to provide a culture for every vocal minority.

Are there any Asian Red Power Rangers?

Yes like every other fucking minority.

>Relying on Hollywood for Asian leads
That's what Asian foreign films are for, and they do it better anyway

the main character of Into the Badlands is Asian and the only Asian thing about his character is being good at martial arts, and that doesn't even really count because nearly every character on that show is good at martial arts

>I love America
>but I hate Americans

holy shit, man
she used to be relatably sexy
that after picture looks like a doll, and a badly made one at that

Yes.

>the only Asian thing about his character is being good at martial arts
Being good at martial arts isn't even inherently asian. There's not only many styles the world over under that term, it's litetally putting in the work getting good. If the martial art was super specific, especially down to regional style you maybe could say it is

I actually kinda miss G4, along with her on it

>You never see an asian playing a normal starring role and their asian ness is never brought up or part of the story.

He wasn't meant to star but this dud stole the spotlight in both GI Joe movies. And Red 2, honestly.

And that's why he hasn't been cast in anything since.

and he is playing a fucking ninja. a ninja with a beef against a white guy taking his birthright.

Cause whites don't like non-whites

That's her last name faggot. WMAF

He's a huge star in Korea, probably pays better than Hollywood would for him anyway.

>t. China shill

We see you

>Canadian
>Half Chinese
pottery

This. Stop roleplaying if you're some white faggot or go back to r/asianmasculinity.

Don't turn Asians into pathetic spooks groveling for the white mans handouts.

[GOOONNNNNGGGGGGG]

In the show Smallville they even made Kristen's biological parents white and had a young white girl play a younger version of her character.

no.

it is more about negroes bitching about not being nominated because the evil white man in hollywood(implying) won't give them good roles.

when it could be worse, like asians.

I watched a Japanese, a Chinese, and a Korean movie all last week.

NONE of them featured white men or women in lead roles. Not a single one. In fact, there weren't even any white people in them at all.

The oscars need to stand up to this discrimination.

Asians have their own film industries and country's that don't suck shit. They have no reason to give a fuck about what American film does.

Any Asian that bitches about this is just being a nigger.

>Because they can't fucking act and the very few that can barely speak English properly.
By your logic there should be no blacks in Hollywood.

blacks have their own production companies, producers, directors, etc. if they want an oscar, they should make their own movies.

Second and third Gen Asian Americans have no ties to their homeland though so this is a retarded argument.
They bitch cause that's what all westerners do.

Hm, does the Japanese version count?

But Asian's don't bitch about the American films?

hmm
Nigeria has a burgeoning film industry, and I bet several other African nations are not far behind
I wonder when we're going to see black Americans star in African films

They absolutely do though? They just don't get as much attention because nobody cares about Asian people in America.

africans hate african americans.

they had Jackie Chan. he's the goat

>white women hate asian women
I have no idea where you're getting this from user.

him and jet li were the designated kung fu guys hollywood kept around for a while after Hong Kong went back to China.

Fast&Furious Tokyo Drift, stars a white guy with a black sidekick.

Why do I have the feeling that the autists that keep starting these threads aren't even asian?

if you watch some interview Scarlett try keep many of theme.

>asians have their own movie industry

Why do Amerifats think there's some autistic racial unity in every part of the world, because white people in the US are so disgustingly mixed they can't determine what their European roots are without extensive genetic testing?

I bet you're the faggot that demands foreigners assimilate to your "culture" while simultaneously spouting shit like this that just divides people even more.

wow.

I think most of not all threads about topics like this or the BLACK threads are usually done by people outside the race it's talking about.

WE WUZ SAMURAI ND SHIT

no one gives a fuck about asians in films, least of all asians.

That's what asian movies are for matte. China has a fucking huge industry and japan does alright.

> they are a side character or playing a role that screams Asian.
>their asian ness is never brought up or part of the story.

So, it's wrong if the character acts asian and it's wrong if the character doesn't act asian?

Doesn't really matter though... representation doesn't need to be accurate, it's fiction not politics. Characters are meant to be plausible for plot purposes if anything, which means playing it to the audience expectations.

Not every asian knows martial arts, not every latino is a poor pariah that says esse, not every gay will go around preaching about pride, not every middle east woman covers her face and carries bombs, not every black raps and not every American looks fit...

Now, are stereotypes and archetypes bad? if you are doing politics yeah, sure... if you are doing a work of fiction it's ok.

> blacks complained when they went 2 years in a row with out an oscar nomination.

Should the academy award them an oscar just for being black? I mean Idris Elba is a terrific actor but Will Smith is decent at best and overall mediocre.
I could agree that if it's a great movie and the acting is great being black shouldn't be an issue but pushing a diversity agenda and handing awards just so the academy doesn't look racist or homophobic or whatever it's bullshit.

Because only emasculated anime lovers would be able to take asian action heroes seriously

some do
there are areas in Africa that have adopted hip-hop fashions to a high degree, for one

Who here is actually east asian and not just a honkey who thinks they know everyone else?

>> they are a side character or playing a role that screams Asian.
>>their asian ness is never brought up or part of the story.
>So, it's wrong if the character acts asian and it's wrong if the character doesn't act asian?
you skipped over all the context
he said you always see the former and never the latter

This makes me want to go to America and talk to some of them.

I wanna know how true this is, it sounds interesting.

Probably because asians are an insignificant minority in America.

Want asians in lead roles? Watch chinese or japanese cinema. Or do you also watch chinese movies and complain about the lack of eskimos?

Asians make up like 5% of the US, it kinda makes sense they aren't in many leading roles.

Honestly, I'm more surprised why there aren't more hispanics in leading roles and why the hispanics don't complain about it.

thing that pisses me off is that most hollywood asians are ugly as fuck. I see 100s of hot asian women in my city constantly, why can't they cast someone that isn't Lucy Lu tier.

Afraid of getting deported

american italians are way less and they still got a lot of movies, how is this fair?

>why the hispanics don't complain about it.
They do, frequently, they're just not as loud and obnoxious as blacks.

longer history with US founding, Asian immigration is relatively new in comparison

Then why isn't anything done? They go to the movies the most don't they. Maybe their just chill and dgaf. What do I know I live in NZ.

Because of different cultural values. There are simply less asians who want to get into acting in the first place, so the ones that can be found are going to be less outstanding on average. The larger the pool of candidates is, the further up the attractiveness curve you can keep everyone. The smaller the pool of candidates is, the more you have to just take what you can get.

what about railroad asians?

I honestly feel like there's so many reasons for it, its not just one thing but a dozen different things that lead to less asian representation in Hollywood. The Sup Forums reasons are honestly probably one of the more minor ones, asian masculinity or femininity isn't something that even crosses most peoples minds I'm sure.

>asian masculinity or femininity isn't something that even crosses most peoples minds I'm sure.

I agree. I just think it's that most asians come from fairly traditional households that prioritize education, career, and family, so they're just less likely to be interested in acting and "trying to make it big" simply because they're not raised with those values.

You're referring to mob movies? That's because the people who make those movies are guys like Coppola and Scorsese who are italian, and you write what you know.

By that same logic, you should be askins american asians why they're not directing movies about asians. Not taking it up with everyone else, as if it's our duty to make sure asians get their special snowflake movies and roles handed to them.

Of course, I don't actually think asians give a fuck about that. They're generally not very petty. This is just a small handful bitching and moaning, I suppose. They're not like niggers who are constantly bix nodding and asking for more representation handed to them.

A lot more complaints about asian representation seem to come from white people than anyone else.

>Then why isn't anything done?
About what?

Probably not even mostly white people. Jews love to stir up racial controversy.

But yeah, there are the SJW types who feel the need to go on a personal crusade on behalf of people they have nothing to do with.

About the fact hispanics make up like 15% or something of the US, go to the movies a lot but don't get much representation. I keep hearing about muh black/asian representation in Hollywood but never hispanic. It's weird the one with the biggest involvement is making the fewest sounds. Kinda makes me respect them more that they don't whine about things.

American Latinos think they're white.