Why did Japan bomb Pearl Harbor?

Why did Japan bomb Pearl Harbor?

To weaken America's grasp in Asia to make way for their own growing empire. They vastly overestimated their military ability.

Because FDR allowed them to.

Fatalism. Also FDR and HL Stimson nudged them into attacking so America can join the war.

FDR WAS A COMMIE JEW

because they actually thought they could win
silly yellow niggers

>Fatalism
I agree. John Toland's book on Imperial Japan, Rising Sun or something, is really good, and makes it seem like most of the Japanese leadership thought they were almost certainly going to lose against America, but they did it anyways. Or they thought America would try to negotiate for a peace settlement with Japan.

FDR committed an act of war by cutting from Japan's oil supply.

Hiltler even talked about it.

i should add i don't mean they thought they could pick a fight with the USA and go toe to toe and win but rather damage the USN so badly the US wouldn't kick the ever living shit out of them and force them back to their tiny island
they had hoped with no fleet and a black eye the US wouldn't want to/have the will to fight and let them keep a bunch of territory

>Why did Japan bomb Pearl Harbor?

because there was no anime to export

It was their best shot at breaking the US embargo and finally becoming a true major power. Of course it didn't work out that way.

Because Rosenfeld needed a valid pretext to enter the war and please his jew masters

It was set up. The FDR administration knew about it beforehand.

Pre-emptive strike
>US cuts of oil sale to Japan
>oops at war with China AND almost out of oil
>Borneo has lots of oil
>Dutch and British own Borneo :(
>US gives warships and cash to Britain already
>Better BTFO the pacific fleet before than can BTFO us

Lord kek willed it.

Murricans are cunts, that's why.

>no direct aggression
>act of war
wew

That is literally not an act of war. They were embargoed because they were literally invading countries left and right

Would Russia or Iran or North Korea be considered justified to launch a nuclear strike on the USA because we sanctioned them?

Embargoes and sanctions aren't acts of war, you fucking weeb.

It was just a prank bro, take it easy.

Because if an entire society could have a Napoleonic complex, it's Japan.

This

Their biggest fuckup was not destrying our Aircraft Carriers

We would've been annailated if our carriers stayed at the harbor

Only way to get anime was to bomb Pearl Harbor to eventually get nuked.

They did it for moe

>That is literally not an act of war. They were embargoed because they were literally invading countries left and right

Wrong. They were embargoed because they formed an alliance with Germany.

Pretty much this.

The Japanese never planned to defeat the US, they knew they would lose in the end. However, their past war experience had convened them that they had a sunshitsu special strategy and understanding of warfare that others did not. The Japanese have always been vulnerable to that sort of thinking.

Basically their plan was to damage the US, to grab as much territory as possible, then as the US finally was pushing the Japanese back the Japanese would mass and strike for one major battle that they would win and then ask for peace on favorable terms.

This had worked for them earlier, without intending to. They had been in a losing war, had a late major victory, and were able to get peace right away on good terms. They figured they had a super special understanding of war that nobody else did.

It didn't work out that way for them this time.

>Hey Amerrrica we need oirril
>Okay

>NEXT DAY

>Hey Amerrica we need oirril
>So you allied with Germany? I don't like how this is going.
>Nonono it matters not. I wirr pay more.
>Nope, putting an Embargo on you.
>HOW DARR YU DISHUNURR ME YOU FIRRFY AMERRICN YOU WIRR PAY FOR RIS RIFF YOUR BROOD
>Japan decided to attack the U.S without warning out of pure spite like retards, giving the Jews an actual reason to drag the U.S into the war
>Cancel all trade with Germany and other axis nations
>Join Allies
>Declare war
>Give Soviets some stuff, not much due to them fighting a war they will likely lose anyway.
>Kick some Jap face in
>Battle of Stalingrad, Soviets dig in and BTFO Germany
>Realize they may not be so useless
>Give soviets tons of stuff now that they show potential
>Soviets destroy Wehrmacht with unstoppable momentum
>U.S defeats Japan
>Race for Germany begins

The U.S knew completely well putting an embargo would cause Japan to declare war on them.

It was the germans actually