Doctor Who General - /who/ - Kill the Moon 2.0 Edition

Welcome to /who/, the Doctor Who general!

Last General: Thin Ice was a shit episode.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dtUMnn0-4zw
twitter.com/DWMtweets/status/859362948757823488
radiotimes.com/news/2017-05-02/yet-another-secret-doctor-who-series-10-appearance-has-been-confirmed
youtube.com/watch?v=R8hMthdkORg
youtube.com/watch?v=BJP9o4BEziI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

ugly black lesbians
should have like barbara palvin lesbian with a loli as her lesbian lover
to boost ratings

FUCKING WHITE PEOPLE!!!!!

WHITE PEOPLE HELP US!!!!

I like this season. I don't know how or why people can even criticize this show at this point, given it's plots and assumption of suspended disbelief.
I mean what is the point of criticism at this stage? It doesn't matter, so why bother? Why not just not watch?

I liked the first two episodes and the christmas special but last episode was terrible. It seemed like it was written by a 13 year old tumblrina.

It's Nigeria all over again

How can you watch this low budget poor acting trash

Fucking grow up ready it's terrible

Why dont they get sci fi and fantasy authors to write a series like they did with Star Trek and Twilight Zone?

They do.

that's what happens with negros, ugly ones unlike martha

Good god.

To explain the poor quality, the answer to that is that Doctor Who is literally made for children, which I think some adult fans are completely unaware of.

Why do they watch it? They have the mentality of children.

Britcucks, when are you gonna take control of your country again?

youtube.com/watch?v=dtUMnn0-4zw
CQC CyberAces when?

reminder that Doctor Who is a show for autistic, homosexual toddlers and that Steven Moffat has gone on record as saying "anyone who falls outside this demographic who still watches Doctor Who should be round up, lobotomized, and forced onto the streets to forage for scraps like a stray dog. Or made to move to Blackpool, whichever is worse"

>ugly black lesbians
>should have like barbara palvin lesbian with a loli as her lesbian lover
>to boost ratings

So anybody else psyched for Nicolas Briggs Ninth Doctor Chronicles?

this. people forget this.

twitter.com/DWMtweets/status/859362948757823488

This is some shit-tier photoshopping. His head looks too big

Probably because the episodes have been shit? Episode 1 was one of the worst pieces of television I've ever seen, episode 2 wasn't as shit, but still shit. Sounds like you're a manchild who is unable to critically evaluate Doctor Who because it's your favorite show. This show deserves it's low ratings.

Now go run to your mommy
>mom they're making fun of doctor who again

Isn't that a good thing?
I am sure they are happy to hear that less white people watch their show

They now have a more diverse audience.

Historically, 99% of all shows lose viewers after the first few episodes by the millions. I'm not sure what they are implying.

>fucking shitty screenshot blog posting

>quoting the entire post

Welcome to Sup Forums, kid.

>critically evaluate Doctor Who

I think you're probably the manchild if that's your enterprise

If they had to make the companion black they could have at least made her somewhat attractive.

Like Martha?

>not getting this style of post

>Y-y-you just don't get the thing I'm doing

Sure thing, kid.

>Never watched dr Who in my life
>google it
>Doctor Who is a British science-fiction television programme produced by the BBC since 1963

WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU

Did you forget Rose was BLACKED?

radiotimes.com/news/2017-05-02/yet-another-secret-doctor-who-series-10-appearance-has-been-confirmed

RANI
A
N
I

He was a cuck, though.

youtube.com/watch?v=R8hMthdkORg

>eccleston, he's out

S
U
S
A
N

lol you might actually be right about this

>when even your brand manager thinks your best episodes suck

Is Moffat the writer Brendan Frasier?

JUST

its pretty obvious with that style of image (the speech bubble image) not normal images. kek do you dudes even imageboard? clearly the answer is no.

moffat is known hack and has been a hack for years. the beeb only keep him because they cant get anyone else.

>it's okay for it to be absolute shit because it's for children
Poor deluded autist. Mindlessly worships every episode because it's his favorite show.

this thead is dead

This is the wrong thread made from an user threadsplitting and spamming a new one, everyone is in the earlier and correct thread

Yes people are getting bored. Especially in regards to the sjw's writing for the show. The show was great when it was center Left. It literally just crossed the line by targeting a specific race by using the word ''whitewash'' never before has the Doctor singled out a particular race and it's an especially stupid move considering the majority of fans and viewers are white. The BBC should be very careful. Now you guys might dismiss what i'm saying but trust me if they continue shit like this the show is going to be finished once again.

Mickey was based though.

yea but it's assumed that it's just a regular BBC series that will always and forever be on air.

If you consider it as an actual TV series it's done very well to continue for 12 years.

Remember when Doctor who had a black companion they treated normally? remember when the Doctor viewed all humans as being the same. Remember when he met gay people and Bi people and they didn't make a big fucking media deal out of it? remember when they portrayed racial issues without the need to virtue signal? the show is fucking dying and so few can see it. Hope its axed after Chibnall. I really do, we need a few years to allow the more balanced liberal writers to come back to the show not these far left anti-white weirdos.

>in kill the moon
>doctor has to force clara to make a decision to either save the humans or the giant alien
>clara is incredibly indecisive because she is completely worthless
>gets pissed at the doctor afterwards because she expects him to just take care of everything for her

>in the most recent episode
>doctor forces bill to choose between the humans or the giant alien
>doctor basically does it to validate her
>she chooses promptly but it doesnt matter cause the doctor is clearly leading her towards a decision
>let alone the fact that the doctor feels like she needs validation

>in the beast below
>literally amy's first trip with the doctor
>doctor has to choose between the humans and the giant alien
>amy steps up and makes the right choice
>because she is actually a good companion, and not just a worthless piece of shit

Is Amy just straight up the best companion anons?

Amy was a really annoying inconsistent bitch.

Quite sad when even MLP fags know this but DW fans don't.

This is what happens when your "sci-fi" show is actually more like "fantasy".

The show not only is not based on real science or a believable science, the show doesn't even follow its own in-universe rules. it's a cartoon used for virtue signalling.

He was a good dude.

tfw u'd love a cute female dr but r worried abt sjw tier writing

Meh, I was hoping after Dr. Clara left, Capaldi would finally get a chance to stop playing the old foolish sidekick and come into his own. (Don't get me wrong, she was hot AF, but she was stealing the show.)

The new nappy girl doesn't bother me as much as I thought she would - being shoe-horned in as the latest "token black". In the first two episodes, she was actually better than Martha, at least, bit more personality, and the Doctor was starting to look competent again.

This episode just turned the tired old anti-racism PSA up to 11 though. I mean, yeah, any other doctor would have made fun of some racist old Englander, and put him in his place... But the Doctor is used to dealing with idiots. Going full rage mode at the slightest implication of racism and full on slugging the guy? Come on... The show couldn't go by ten minutes would making some comment about racism. (I'm not even Sup Forums, I'm against racism in general, but Doctor Who shouldn't be converted into an utterly pointless political platform. The Zygon Inversion at least had an unusual double sided take. This was just "racism bad, ugg!")

Beyond that, all the latest episode plots seem "uninspired" to say the least. I suppose, given how long the series has been going, it's hard not to retread old ground... But it's pretty clear the folks making this show are no longer having fun - their heart just isn't in it anymore.

I dunno if there's any hope left for Peter, but I know there's none for almost anyone else working on this show. We don't need a new Doctor - we need a new studio. At this point, I'm really hoping they somehow sell this franchise to another group.

Screw young and cute - Judi Dench for 13th Doctor!

(Although after watching that Rowan Atkinson sketch, I almost think Joanna Lumley could do it.)

>In the first two episodes, she was actually better than Martha, at least, bit more personality
Agreed, but she just went to hell in this episode. "OMG I've never seen anyone die before!" (totally freaks out). Bitch, for one, you sound like you're from Blackpool - I'm sure you've seen some shit. Two, you "didn't see him die", kid just got cleanly sucked under the ice, no blood involved. Three, YOU ARE FUCKING TRAVELING IN TIME AND SPACE death would be the most normal thing you've seen so far! Really, everything should seem like a dream to her at this point. It would have been better if she didn't skip a beat, and after a pause, she started freaking out over the fact that she wasn't freaking out.

Asking the Doctor if he had ever killed anyone made for a great episode teaser, but predictably, they didn't do much of anything with it. Fucker's committed goddamned genocide a few hundred times by now, and all we get is a non-committal "I moved on...", without even a hint to the unimaginable turmoil broiling underneath that we woulda got from, say, Tennant.

If he was handled better, Peter could be close to the best.

True, can't blame Capaldi for writing that pathetic response, nor was there much opportunity to act it up. Could blame him for not having the balls to call them on it, at best.

youtube.com/watch?v=BJP9o4BEziI
vs... "I moved on."

For children's entertainment, it could be much worse. Otherwise, it shouldn't interest anyone except the autistic and the mentally undeveloped.

He probably just wants out. His lifelong dream was to be the Doctor, but then he lands the part during one of the worst stretches in it's history. Monkey paws, man.

Stupid children's entertainment makes for stupid children. There's plenty of well acted and nuanced scenes in the series, and hell, that clip was from just last season.

Granted, I'm a autistic and mentally underdeveloped old bastard who's been watching this show since Jon Pertwee was playing the gay doctor. (Okay, fine, he sucked.) But Tom Baker that followed him had plots complex enough to make you twist your head around at least, and hammed it up quite well from time to time.

Which is core to the point - this show has been airing for so many generations (my mum grew up on Patrick Troughton, and my kids fell in love with Tenant), that one should keep in mind that both the young and old are watching this shit still, being one of the BBC's most popular shows, world wide. No need to dumb it down further now.

(Though I dunno if you'd wanna go full Adam West Batman with it either - with endless "in jokes" for the parents watching.)

>(Simm) will probably have a cameo in Saturday's episode, judging by the title.
>Adam Orford

How trustworthy is this?

It's almost as if a majority white audience doesn't want to be told they're all racist and their history is a whitewashed lie

Maybe we will just look back to this episode as the really bad one?

Ricky was an alright lad.

Bleh... I didn't mind it when Martha had to go undercover as Tennant's maid, and had to deal with both sexism and racism above and beyond - that wasn't too badly done and made sense. But this was just filled with preachy with quotes straight off the SJW web based prayer books, for no real reason and with no real depth.

I think the best we can hope for is maybe this "I moved on" bit is a set up for where he breaks down and proves he really hasn't... But for the rest, I get the feeling that some PC bastards are really forcing a PSA quota for the show now, and the writers just don't care to deal with it in a nuanced fashion anymore.

I mean I don't even mind if the future british space station is all indians
At least that is conceivable.

I didn't even mind if they put some black actors in the past and just didn't drew attention to it because it is a time traveling alien show so its not quite a documentary.

Its just that this time they put black people in the past, drew attention to it and then claimed that that is how it really looked.
Seriously is it racist now to say most of the past in Europe was white?
I am not even saying that is a good or bad thing. Just a fact.

>ugly, black, lesbian companion
>pandering to sjws
>anti-white
>muuh slavery
>virtue signaling
>the Doctor never interferes in cultures yet he hits a dude who was only following his culture at the time
>literally fucking make Jesus black
>call all of history white washing
>insult white people any way you can

>ratings drop bombastically

>WHITE PEOPLE HELP

FUCKING THIS

I am mad when the sjw shit is forced without rhyme or reason.

Human Nature and Family of Blood were also some of the best episodes of NuWho

>This episode just turned the tired old anti-racism PSA up to 11 though. I mean, yeah, any other doctor would have made fun of some racist old Englander, and put him in his place... But the Doctor is used to dealing with idiots. Going full rage mode at the slightest implication of racism and full on slugging the guy? Come on... The show couldn't go by ten minutes would making some comment about racism. (I'm not even Sup Forums, I'm against racism in general, but Doctor Who shouldn't be converted into an utterly pointless political platform.

>Bleh... I didn't mind it when Martha had to go undercover as Tennant's maid, and had to deal with both sexism and racism above and beyond - that wasn't too badly done and made sense. But this was just filled with preachy with quotes straight off the SJW web based prayer books, for no real reason and with no real depth.

>Its just that this time they put black people in the past, drew attention to it and then claimed that that is how it really looked.
Seriously is it racist now to say most of the past in Europe was white?

Thank you anons, gives me some of my faith in humanity back. At least we can be reasonable when making arguments. The writers definetely overstepped and all of you put it nicely into words.

>DR. WEWUZ

>DR. WEWUZ
>DR. WEWUZ
>DR. WEWUZ
>DR. WEWUZ

>DR. WEWUZ
>DR. WEWUZ

>Thank you anons, gives me some of my faith in humanity back. At least we can be reasonable when making arguments.
...and >82306949, right on cue.

OC

Moar OC

>mfw imagining this writing staff and a black doctor
>the doctor makes a speech about racism every episode

KINO ON STREAM IN 10 MINUTES

fuck off from my thread, cunt

im more canon than you cunt

I got ya senpai

I feel like you are missing a joke here with all of them airing on BBC

BBC losing millions with Top gear also.
What is BBigCuck doing?

Tennant didn't even mention Colin Baker. How rude.

Say no more

It's going to be finished anyway, the ratings started to decline before the SJW shit started. Also, Thin Ice was a good episode except for that one preachy line of dialogue.

Amy was a terribly written waste of dialogue.

Perfect.

I ain't dismissing shit senpai, you are right on point.

Thin Ice was shit outside of the sjw crap

How much better would Smith's tenure be if they pulled a Garfield and retroactively edited Karen Gillan out of all the scenes?

maybe is the cuck level of writing? first ep was hinting that we should be kind to Muslim minorities until they become the majority and then we should take it like bitches because they will have all the power

Seems more like it's directed at young adults because the show usually has heavy stuff like people getting horribly murdered by monsters. But I guess that still counts as "children's show".

Then why is it always on the prime 7 Saturday slot on BBC 1 and not CBBC?

Also that doesn't actually refute/excuse claims of poor quality. And the mindset really shows what kind of parent you would make.

Adults don't get scared by movies or tv shows
I used to love that shit as a child.

It would decline even more.

Not even Sup Forumsfag, but these 3 recent episodes have just been okay. Pilot was pretty good but nothing exciting, Smile was comfy classic era story and Thin Ice was just "meh".
DW needs a big bombastic story or something to keep the momentum going.

Fixed some shit