Is our navy shit? We're a fucking giant island and we have no destroyers and no aircraft carriers...

Is our navy shit? We're a fucking giant island and we have no destroyers and no aircraft carriers, even India has one (helicopter carriers don't count). Should our navy be larger?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vnp-tk5J2PM

twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

You have ours more or less. You dont really need one, you would be better off saving the money and investing it in something else.

A fucking ramp

Nobody would bother to invade Australia anyway

Came to here to say this.

who's going to invade shit island? There's nothing there worth taking or raping.

>Navy
>2016

Yes but it's still the best in SE Asia and the Pacific.

Navy is the most important branch for projecting power.

I sure the Chinks could BTFO them.

>navy shit
I have an Australian officer on the ship I'm on.
If your navy is shit, then he sells it like it's not.
Also if your navy is shit, then you guys have the best fucking officers and senior enlisted. Dead serious my dude.
the guy is a LCDR and memorizes page for page, word for word various pubs and puts ALL of our officers (including our CO) to shame. Dude is a fucking genius and knows everything about his warfare areas.
Also he's cool as shit and hooked me up with vegemite once.

I said SE Asia, as in ASEAN.

Why do not you put 3 aegis destroyers in that pic?

That's what America is for bro.

You think anyone is gonna fuck with us while the USA has our back?

Why do you blokes still use a galleon? Is that to battle with the Somali pirates?

It's a training ship you dip

>don't plan on using ski ramp but too cheap to get rid of it
lel

They're not in service.

You are aware the the USS Constitution is technically still in service right?

>Galleon
>using a very specific ship type to name a totally unrelated other type because they both have sails
>trying to be smug

pls stop

pay us tariffs

Get a warrant you fat fuck.

At least your navy doesn't require 50/50 genders on each vessel.

>tfw somehow all the other navies always invite sweden to wargames

WW II has proven that there is no need for big surface units

Carriers are fucking expensive. The navy should be and probably is our priority when it comes to military expenditure though.

All Australia needs to do is support America's navy and invest in hard counters for China. Maybe stop letting the Chinese invade their island too.

Not a chinky dink, sorry to disappoint.

Your entire economy relies on global free and open trade through the oceans

You have historically allied and aligned yourselves with whoever happens to be the greatest naval power at the time.

You should have a fucking navy. It should be one of the biggest and strongest navies in the entire world. There is no excuse at this point. The lack of a navy is tantamount to being serfs to anyone who can beat you in the ocean. You are literally the biggest island nation in the entire world and you can't even compete with fucking india.

You're damn right it is.
>The USS Constitution couldn't destroy the Australian Navy in a week

Easy there seaman

needs nuclear deterrence

get the earth quake making briefcase as well.

All our navy is used for is to stop the boats

youtube.com/watch?v=vnp-tk5J2PM

this is how the world really works.

This desu. While the US has abrogated ANZUS obligations to the tree-hugging kiwis, they still will come to our defence.

>aircraft carriers
These are for projecting power far away from your territory.

We have no interest in doing that. We just want to defend the approaches to our glorious continent.

Old Ironsides is pretty fucking badass

How many of those task forces do you have?

>entire navy, not task force

Holy fucking shit, how do you expect to fight a war?

Dont worry about having a big navy. Just like you said, you're a giant fucking island.

Although I would invest in more submarines to counter China and India.

We have a few OHP frigates for sale. Would recommend them to you.

>how do you expect to fight a war?
Literally the only country that could successfully invade us is the USA.

Even China could not get enough of its shit here in one piece.

Our military is embarrassingly small. That said I don't want to fight for globalist faggots, nor do I want to clean up after them. But would love to see gen y liberals conscripted into some sort of rag tag highly expendable division so as not to corrupt the good guys in the main military.

Giff money or no navy >:(

We do not expect to fight a war with you. Any war you are a part of de facto gets our special forces and air force support. We don't need such a navy while we are in an alliance with you.

Australia doesn't need to project naval power in the world while it is in an alliance with the British Empire, or when that fell, the US.

Does it matter? You have the US Navy to protect you, that should be sufficient until China completely dwarfs us militarily in about 50 years.

This is why Australia will always be a cucked irrelevant shithole as well.

Stop relying on America and become great yourself. Fucking leech nation.

Throw in the fact that we are getting twelve new submarines, new air warfare destroyers and some more patrol boats, I would say we a have a pretty decent navy

>Is our navy shit?

yes

You would have a hard time facing the Norwegian navy to be honest - lots of outdated stuff there

You should mine more... so you can afford more

Isn't Australia buying like 12 state of the art subs?

>the the original info graphic is literally too fucking giant to post

God damn it feels good being American.

been hearing pitch black exercise all week. Sitting outside just hearing jets and choppers

Not all sailing vessels are Galleons, user...

That's a great way to not get invaded, but the trick is to fight wars in the other guy's country, not your's.

No offence no victory. Gotta be able to project force.

America can't fight all the wars. Even the best blades can dull and break from over-use.

Might as well not invest in anything. America uses their own military to single-handedly defend the West.

Serious question. Could your navy beat Indonesia's?

Not bad at all. Especially considering you have no direct aggressors besides kangaroo and terrifying spiders.

>become great

They have fewer people than California, "becoming great" isn't really an option for them. You might as well tell the Polish to become a great power.

The US navy is the best in SE Asia and the Pacific and actually literally every oceanic body of water on the planet

SS Young Endevour Trumps all.

Carriers are a small dick compensator. They will get shredded in a war the same way battleships did in WW2.

There are 250,000,000 Muslims sitting right above Australia.

>the trick is to fight wars in the other guy's country, not your's.
For a small population country like ours that shares no land borders, the trick is to not fight wars at all.

I played your country in HOI4 recently, you really don't have the industrial capacity for carriers, just lots of destroyers and light cruisers.

Dr. David Duke is running for U.S. Senate!

>Announcement Video:
youtube.com/watch?v=OJ97gEFBH5k

>Campaign Website:
dukeforsenate.com

>Platform:
dukeforsenate.com/issues

>David's Website (Not campaign specific):
davidduke.com

>Podcast:
renseradioarchives.com/dduke

>Twitter:
twitter.com/DrDavidDuke

>Youtube Account:
youtube.com/user/drdduke

The liberal media will relentlessly attack Dr. Duke because he is pro-white.

If we put our faith in the power of memes, Qek will lead us to victory,(

>North Korea actually launches a nuke

>the resulting EMP causes all of our fancy destroyers to seize up and sink

>the president calls an undescript house, a crew of aged, but solemn, men arrive at the Constitution

>Kim's face when it manages to sink the entire NK patrol boat fleet and destroy a tractor

You would think that with our landmass we would have plenty of industry

On a side note how the fuck did you guys build your navy so quickly during WW2?

Don't they have a pretty bitching variant of the hind?

Yes.

Indonesia only has two submarines, so they lack a submarine force, so their surface ships would probably get raped by submarines. They also lack a decent air force to back up their navy.

Nah we love spending money on new military toys.

Pic related is the officer in charge of the missile program supposed to defend us against invasions.

NK is all submarines senpai.

> Thinking ships just seize up and sink

>The person defending you against Indonesians is an Indonesian.
For fucks sake. ONE FUCKING JOB AND YOU FUCK IT UP

Didn't she get the boot for been a dipshit on social media?

We basically stopped producing everything that couldn't strap a gun to it.

Liberty Ships were not what you would call "built to last."

There was also the fact that Pearl Harbor caused us to invest in Aircraft Carriers, because it was all we had, and it turned out Aircraft carriers were the future, so we could build our navy around them

They have patrol boats, we'd fuck up the patrol boats.

The tech difference is far too great. The indos wouldn't even be able to get their ships out of port without losing them all. I'm pretty sure we cover almost all of their islands with our radar or whatever the new cool shit is.

Not necessarily. Any country powerful enough to actually engage the US Navy also has a lot of nuclear weapons, making conventional forces irrelevant. Carriers are useful because they let the US strike pretty much anywhere in the world, they aren't really meant to go up against other navies anymore the way they were back in WWII.

What else is it going to do after getting nuked? If the Nagato and Prinz Eugene couldn't survive a nuke, I doubt a design literally built with a computer to keep it stable is going to last

Unemployment was absurdly high before the war. The federal government borrowed a shit load of money and companies could easily find workers.

Australians, why don't you have nuclear power? You don't have uranium out the ass?

American industrial capacity is absolutely ridiculous when it's geared for a single purpose. By 1945, the US was literally producing 50% of the world's manufactured goods. It's really not surprising that the navy expanded so quickly.

>Nagato and Prinz Eugene couldn't survive a nuke
They both survived two.

They got cucked by the same anti-nuclear movement as us kiwis.

What does the Australian navy do?

well if you're going to include nukes, its going to invalidate everything

isn't a problem, I just know about this from the falklands, that it is much harder to defend a modern carrier than it is to damage it? It'd be hard to sink it, but you could make it inoperable

Australia has all the potential in the world and loves nothing more than squandering as much of it as they can.

Country is full of anti nuclear retards.

Australia's failure's are purely a result of the people living there and they should be shamed. Australia is an embarrassment to white men. It's proof that white people can fail at nation building too.

What a shame there is no way to increase your population or something.

dang where do these pics come from?

Stop boats, you dumb fuck.
They're the only people that do anything aside from our RAAF P-3s

>t. Mohammad bin Algiers.

It is much harder to defend it, which is why carriers are usually surrounded by destroyers and cruisers. They're called "carrier striker groups", you don't just send a carrier out by itself into a warzone.

Git gud kiddo

I know, I mean even with a strike group.

I don't mean destroy it, just render it inoperable either through denying its use or damaging it

>What a shame there is no way to increase your population or something.

Australia's population is 20 million. They would have to triple it in less than a decade and dramatically increase military spending to be considered a lower-tier great power (like France). That's just not realistic, unless you're suggesting that they just let in 40 million Indonesians.

Youve already surrended to china so why bother?

I'm pretty sure they solved this problem in 40k with clones

just make millions of clones

They just took her twitter account

s m h .com.au/national/muslim-navy-officer-captain-mona-shindy-silenced-after-controversial-tweets-20160105-glzzi9.html

>Captain Mona Shindy used the Twitter account @navyislamic as part of her outreach work to encourage Muslims to join the Defence Force, but ran into trouble after tweeting comments at odds with government policy.

i found out australia only has like ~35,000 actual troops the other day

like wtf? are you guys going to rely on the aussie wildlife and abo hunters when the mars aliens invade?

"Navy"

Who would want to invade anyway?

You have a refugee problem, not an invasion fleet problem.

I'd assume that an enemy ship that got near a strike group would be destroyed before being able to seriously damage the carrier. Either way, it's hard to imagine a scenario where another country would actually try it.

I'm Australian and I fucking hate my country. I want nothing more than for Australia to be scrubbed from the history books purely to get rid of the shame of being associated with it. I hope every day that Australia gets nuked.

Ethnic replacement and colonization by fucking chinks is what Australia deserves for literally being lucky enough to grab an entire fucking continent full of resources and land all to yourself, and having 100 years of white only population at that, then somehow managing to fuck it up. This is like being born with a 150 iq and the son of a billionaire and you still end up working at Maccas and end up homeless at 21. Failures like that need to be put out of their misery.

The world's largest air force is the US Air Force. The world's second-largest air force is the US Navy.