Red pill me on this show Sup Forums

Red pill me on this show Sup Forums.

Hard mode: Can't say "Lily was a cunt," or "the show dragged on way too long.

Other urls found in this thread:

imdb.com/video/imdb/vi740074521/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Barney was the highlight of the show. All the other characters were kind of boring.

Some of the bar and awkward dating stuff was relatable.

There's nothing to redpill.

It was good. I have no Sup Forums memes for you.

the mother is a qt

>red pill me

it's time to go back kid

Childhood is idolizing Barney, adulthood is realizing Marshall makes more sense

Sure, you're that one Chad that has a different relationship every other week but still browses Sup Forums. You really convinced me, Chad.

She was the only good thing about the last season. Thankfully she was featured on almost every episode, except the last one.

This.
They could've used the gay guy to push their agenda but they made him into a straight guy instead.

>show that made tranny, nigger and gay jokes constantly
>not one peep from anyone

It was a different time.

Slap Bet episodes were the best, followed maybe by the Duplicate episodes, The rest was garbage.

Robin was hot, and Barney was a bro.
Overall though I still liked it better when it was called Friends.

Marshall's story arc about dealing with the loss of his dad was good

But he didn't really change. Nothing about him changed, really. He got married and had a kid. Still the same character. At least Barny and Robin changed, even though they reverted in the final episode.

Never watched it but the redhead that was on buffy could get it 8 days a week.

Nice dubs btw, check mine

She was a Mary Sue.

>It was a better time
ftfy

>Red pill me on this show Sup Forums

It's terrible

Now go spend your life watching something decent

The ending sucked, the alernative ending they filmed is superior and the TRUE one. Don't listen to any fags that say other wise, if it was set up and delivered differently the one they went with could've worked but it wasn't and was shit.

i also stopped watching before the last two seasons because they were artificially dragging the show too long.

I tried re-watching recently and idk doesn't feel the same. Maybe it's because the whole mystery of who the mother was helped to hold interest in it.

Barney's ending is perfect though.

>It was a better time

indeed

I think you lost ur dubs mate

Barneys brother was gay and married

It's one of those shows that you watch if you want to die. Just two episodes and you'll be in your bathroom, slicing your face off with a potato peeler.
Just imagine taking a safety razor. putting it on the very top of your upper gums and slowly dragging down. Imagine the warm blood, trickling out of your mouth. Imagine the scraping sound the blade makes on your teeth. This is how watching this show feels.

currently watching for 1st time knowing the ending. i still find it very entertaining. Marshall and Lilly are best characters.

Ted is the beta male's beta male.
He is so pathetic and wet I can't watch.

I did like the bits where Robin is Canada's Tiffany, but that would put Robin her 40s when they show started.

Its just a rehash of friends.

Ted is Ross. They both work jobs that require some intellect, everyone gets bored when they talk about their jobs, they're both overly sensitive, they both end up becoming professors.

Robin is Rachel. They both enter the show in the first episode as a love interest and become regular characters/part of the group. Both are considered to be empowered women in glamorous work fields.

The on again off again relationships between each couple is obvious, in the end they both wind up together.

Barney is Joey. He's a womaniser. He gets with Robin like Joey does with Rachel, conflict then acceptance but they lose out in the end.

Marshall is Chandler. They both work boring but intellectual jobs, both act like kids in their social group. Both use sarcasm.

Lilly is Monica. Both control freaks.

Chandler/Monica/Ross were the original trio (rachel too but she moved away) that ties the group together. Marshal/Ted/Lilly fit the same formula. as stated before both Robin and Rachel enter the show on the first episode as a potential love interest that becomes a regular. Joey and Barney meet the groups independently.

They all regular at a bar/coffee shop within close proximity to there apartments. All young socialites in New York. All have seemingly endless money supplies and the ability to make outrageous bets etc

I'm sure there are more general similarities I'm just bored of thinking of them.
The only exception is Phoebe.

and black

The show wasn't about how Ted met his kid mother or how he met their new mother Robin. It was actually about how he and Barney are not friends anymore and he misses him greatly. You see after Barney cheats on Robin, she hates him, Ted marries her, Lily takes Robin side and Marshall takes his wife's side.

Barney is not part of the group anymore.

MMMMUH MUH MUH STORIES

This

The one non-jew actor was a faggot.

stop watching roastie trash

it was a good friend simulator for people with no social life. i would drink beer when i watched it and pretend i was sitting there in the booth with them

the 80's didn't make it to Canada until around 1994

I watched a bunch then all of the sudden got burnt on it. Maybe I watched too much of it or something but I can't watch it anymore. It's tries so hard to be quirky and I can't stand it

The story was from Ted's POV, of course she was. Everything in HIMYM is touched by unreliable narrator to some extent.

Jason Segel's character was good for a while, but he even got boring.

The rest of it is pretty groan worthy and the awful love triangles are sub soap-opera tier.

>Marshall and Lilly are best characters
For now. They grow tiresome and irritating in the later seasons. Especially once they have the kid.

that sounds accurate. I watched it when i barely had any friends and no gf and it was comfy

>The only exception is Phoebe.
and that`s a good thing

DUDE

SANDWICHES

LOL

They even do the same episodes.
Like the one in friends where another group of people are sat in their spot, exact same shit happens in HIMYM.

Didn't the people from FRIENDS have a constant 'reserve' sign in their spots?

Their the assholes in that regard.

I don't recall that.

Barney and Joey both act as the priest in Monica/Lilly and Chandler/Marshall's weddings.

Also, the actress that Ted dumps on her birthday is the same actress that gets dumped on her birthday in friends. I think they are doing this shit on purpose.

Whenever I got into a Friends vs Seinfeld argument with my ex gf, I'd always bring up the fact that Friends isn't even the best version of Friends. HIMYM is essentially with better writing and comedic timing.
Seinfeld is was and always will be superior to both

Why the fuck the writers thought the ending they went with was good I'll never know. It retroactively soured the whole series for me.

They had that shit filmed from season 2 and they couldn`t bring themselves to not show to the world how ingenious they are.

Barney>Marshall>Lily>Ted>Robin
Prove Me wromg

He should have married Barney's sister.

It's an extremely boring and unfunny show and is an even bigger pleb filter than Big Bang Theory. It is the epitome of bland network sitcom drivel.

It was never even remotely funny, and the format hardly made sense either. If someone you know likes it you can immediately assume that they have no taste.

I never watched the end. Who was the mom?

her . She was cute and likeable, but in there for a short amount of time. They were happy had kids, she died of AAAAAAIIIIIIIIIDDDDDSSSSS and then after Ted ends his story his kids tell him, that his story obviously was about him and robin and he should get her back

>she died of AAAAAAIIIIIIIIIDDDDDSSSSS and then after Ted ends his story his kids tell him, that his story obviously was about him and robin and he should get her back
wew lad. Glad I never watched it.

>how i met your mother
>redpill
kek, i too was in that /pol threat

They had written and edited the perfect ending, and threw it away for some bullshit that pissed off everyone.

this is the most accurate post

sorry, but could someone explain the basic idea of the show, it has something to do with people remembering when they were young and met? I dont see younger/older version of same people, I just cant follow whats going on so cant watch the show

barneys ending is perfect, yes. But the way he arrived there was utter fucking garbage. The whole robin on/off relationship was painful/horribly written and then his sudden announciation that he impregnated some bar slut.... horrible

>POWER RANKINGS
1. Barney
2. Marshall

>POWER GAP
3. Ted

>BIGGER POWER GAP
4. Robin
999999999. Lily

>premise is Ted telling his kids how he met their mother
>starts the story ten years before meeting her
>turns out he's actually asking for his kids permission to bang his ex

k, that gives me a little bit more to go on, still doesnt make sense

Just like real life.

The show's premise (i.e. the title) was executed really poorly
Ted had a deeper connection with many other women in the show
then the mother turned up and all she was was a tick in the box of everything on ted's list
it wasn't very believable that they would fall in love just because they had some stuff in common

That and Barney is an incredibly unbelievable character and basically a walking talking 9gag meme

Sitcoms become popular/great when you can reference stuff from them in real life
the only things I remember from the show is the ducky tie (only because one of my friends actually bought one) and the slap bet
I remember a vast amount more from Seinfeld, Frasier even Friends

there you go that's three

post pregnancy lilly was THICCC with nice juicy boobs
imdb.com/video/imdb/vi740074521/