Is this accurate?

Is this accurate?

Is this?

I don't even remember who the hell Yondu was.

I don't know who any of those characters are

watching guardians of galaxy made me hate watchmen EVEN MORE
the scene of father and son playing as so much better done than the fcking cringe ass sound of silence scene

And yet he's still better than anything Marvels shat out over the years

He's a lot like Tim Burton and so is his approach to the comic book characters he adapts. He's obviously more interested in bringing his one vision to the screen than he is in staying true to the comic book version of his characters and the universe they inhabit.

And just like Tim Burton I enjoy his movies a lot but then, I'm not a comic book person. One thing's for sure though: If Burtons Batman came out now it'd have a lot of the same criticisms levelled against it.

>Muh german expressionism!
>muh appealing to 12 year old mallgoths!

And so on...

hmmm, no, try again, sweetie.

I bet if someone said his character's name on TWD, you'd immediately know. Fucking pleb.

What's TWD?

t. never seen blade or punisher war zone

nice beard and hair

nothing has ever indicated snyder has a singular vision. He basically just rubberstamps anything his effects guys do that looks cool.

No, he does have a pretty distinctive style, unusually distinctive for someone making franchise movies these days.

Don't tell me you can watch Watchmen, Man of Steel and Batman v Superman and not see that they have a lot in common both in visuals and themes.

No, the people who work for him, who do literally everything, while snyder just plays corporate middleman, know what snyder wants by watching his movies and just copy that.

Nothing has ever indicated snyder has a single modicum of creativity.

I don't see how you couldn't say that about basically any director.

I mean, it's clear with folks like J.J. Abrams or the Russo Brothers or Brett Ratner and a bunch of other peoplethat they basically just do what is expected from them by the producers but even if you look at something like Sucker Punch, which is clearly a project Snyder had full control over, and his DC movies that they have some similar sensibilities.

>you can say that with any director lol
>names people who are just nameless corporate codpieces like snyder

... you're not just stupid, you're a special kind of stupid.

That was the point I was making, user. Those directors, unlike Snyder, don't have a distinctive style.

No, one would actually have an easier time of arguing those have distinctive styles than it is to argue snyder has a distinctive style.

The point again, is if someone asks you to name a director. Those idiots wouldn't even be in the top 5 of named directors. Neither would snyder. People who fought the studio system and made things that have stood the test of time are the directors people would name.

Listen, I'm not saying he's like Lynch, Kubrick or even Tarantino. I will kinda stand by my Burton comparison because his movies have easily as much of a distinctive voice than most of what Burton has been making after at least Sweeney Todd.

>Guardians of the Galaxy
>not pleb

Only if you try to say constant callbacks to other people's voices can be called "his" voice.

Based Review Screw. I wish he would make more memes.

If it's just his special effects people, then why don't X-Men 3 and Fantastic Four look like Zack Snyder movies?

There's plenty of scenes in his movies with no VFX at all and they still have his signature look despite having different DPs through each production. Just kys there's no hope for you

Who's voices is he calling back to specifically, in your opinion?

Fuck off Review Screw

the most common voices he knocks off are Renaissance artists.

Do you think theres something inherently wrong with film making taking visuals inspiration from painting? Not that I'm comparing him to those directors, mind you, but it's what Kubrick did for Barry Lyndon, what Greenaway did for... basically anything he ever made, not to mention many influential directors like Lynch, but also Hitchcock and Kurosawa, I think, starting as painters and treating movies as moving painting.

Snyder takes inspirations from old paintings because that kind of stuff is what he used to study but taking a painterly approach to directing is fairly unusual for people who direct Hollywood action movies. The only other really mainstream director I could think of who does it is Wes Anderson and even bis movies are made for a bit of a niche audience.

There is a difference between taking visual inspiration from something and knocking it off. Snyder is the embodiment of the latter.