Am I the only one who gets teary-eyed when Mike says "Well...I loved it. It was everything I hoped it would be."?

Am I the only one who gets teary-eyed when Mike says "Well...I loved it. It was everything I hoped it would be."?

To hear young Mike say in a different video that nothing could save Star Wars (after The Phantom Menace was released), only erasing time could do so, and the Plinkett reviews that are all about the connection lost between the audience and Star Wars, this has an element of closure to it, and a feeling that the connection and love has been rekindled.

I also felt the same about The Force Awakens, and am happy Mike and everyone else can truly move on from the prequels.

get a life

I love RLM.

Stop

I also get teary eyed.

The prequels, while poisoned by Lucas's insatiable need to merchandise, attempted a more nuanced and powerful story than any of the other Star Wars movies could ever come close to.

Fat drunk fraud

Mike is complicit along with millions of other Star Wars 'fans' who've enabled the complete bereavement of any kind of artistic merit the series may have once had. 'Mike' is no better than a drugged out whore selling her family's belongings for another cheap fix. I personally choose to boo the raping of one of the most influential and inspiring sagas in cinematic history, for it having been reduced to a fraction of the integrity of even something like Fast & the Furious. FUCK YOU MIKE. He essentially lobotomized himself just so he could enjoy this fucking flick, disgusting.

At least this is how I feel about him as a critic and wanter of what's best for the series artistically. Otherwise, I'm glad he was able to enjoy the film even if I wasn't.

I actually agreed with that sentiment wholeheartedly, especially after my first viewing, because it was the first Star Wars movie that gave me that same feeling I get when watching the OT. And knowing Mike is such a huge fan of Star Wars and had to endure the prequels many more times and more meticulously than most of us, hearing him say it was pretty heartwarming.

The fact that it upset so many edgy kids crying about "muh ANH rehash" and "muh mary sue", and after R1, "muh nostalgia", was just icing on the cake. As if Mike hadn't already outed himself as a pleb in a dozen HitB episodes.

>As if Mike hadn't already outed himself as a pleb
At least you admit it.

No u

How is he a fraud? Because he has friends he likes to make movies and shows with? Are you jealous of him?

It's funny in hindsight because you can tell he loved it on his first viewing and felt like it redeemed Star Wars after the shit that preceded it. But in hindsight it was the start of the production line, lazy Disney films and it's only going to get worse. He seems completely over it.

Who is this fat ugly fuck?

THANK GOD WE HAVE THREE RLM THREADS GOING AT ONCE. THERE'S JUST SO MUCH TO TALK A ABOUT.

There are six

Now start.

>dude rogue one sucks because it has so much nostalgia pandering lmao

>dude force awakens was everything i hoped it would be lmao

fuck these faggots

The fan service isn't their main complaint about R1 though. Did you really get that butthurt by their opening skit?

AT-ST AT-ST AT-ST AT-ST AT-ST AT-ST AT-ST AT-ST AT-ST AT-ST AT-ST AT-ST AT-ST AT-ST AT-ST AT-ST AT-ST AT-ST AT-ST AT-ST AT-ST AT-ST AT-ST AT-ST AT-ST AT-ST AT-ST AT-ST AT-ST AT-ST AT-ST AT-ST AT-ST AT-ST AT-ST

The real difference is that TFA was about the characters and rogue one was about milking the universe and having shit characters

Sure its all derivative but what else do you expect from a star wars movie

As an example, what are you more looking forward to in episode 8? Are you invested in what happens to Rey, Finn and Kylo, or do you just want more Star Wars?

>what are you more looking forward to in episode 8?
I hope it flops and Disney goes out of business.

Who doesnt

Either way even at its most cynical TFA feels like passing the torch from Luke/Han/Leia to Rey/Finn/Kylo

While rogue one is a completely pointless star wars wankery with characters that fail in every aspect

RLM are the butthurt ones

No he has tarnished his reputation forever. TFA was garbage and Mike fell for the hype.

>he has tarnished his reputation forever
Clearly. That explains why their subscribers and Patreon amount just continue to go up.

sup jay

>The real difference is that TFA was about the characters
But they were shit characters.
Poe and Rey were non-characters and Finn could have been good but they forgot that he was and indcoctrinated-from-birth slave so they made him act like a normal black guy.

>patreon
Oh god you donate to them don't you? lmao

At least in the Plinkett review Mike admitted that, in retrospect, the prequels were closer to an artist's vision while Disney's Star Wars are merely a product.

I don't watch these reddit e-celebs. but i have no respect for anyone who "loved" TFA

seriously get some taste.

>act like a normal black guy

what. have you ever met a black person

this
Watching it and going
>eh it was fine
I could see, but LOVE?

There wasn't any love put into the movie.

hypocrite

he'll never admit it though

Mike doesn't get the same thrill bashing Abrams or Gareth Edwards as when he bashes Lucas. Mike has some deep-seated psychological issues with his father that he is taking out on Lucas.

Agree

Mike can't really hate Abrams when he's the main reason Star Trek is somewhat alive. He would be OK with SW being raped for eternity if he could get one more day of Trek.

>And knowing Mike is such a huge fan of Star Wars

He really isn't, he likes Star Trek a lot more.