Am I retarded for not understanding the central plot line of True Detective Season 2?

Am I retarded for not understanding the central plot line of True Detective Season 2?

Other urls found in this thread:

latimes.com/local/california/la-me-vernon-true-detective-20150619-story.html
youtube.com/watch?v=XONxVct-xXw
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bohemian_Grove
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

All the weird conspiracy plot is kind of unimportant because the story's really about the importance of teamwork and being yourself.

This. They didn't do any team work which ultimately got shit ton of people killed. They had to kill 3-4 cartels and the cartels got more kills in the end.

It's pretty much summed up in the last two episodes

Caspere knew this.

The monster with green ears was just a guy who put his ears up to green paint to listen to it

It's more retarded than complicated

Talking about Season 2. Season 1 was nothing in comparison.

I read synopses of the plot a few times and even reading it was woefully unmemorable. Something about zoning, corruption, gay knives that spoke in riddles and shit on shoes.

the big shocking twist of season 2 was that rich people like to have sex with prostitutes.

So you understood it, you just didn't quite understand that was literally all there was.

russians were fucking with Vince Vaughn and so was the mexican cartel. Colin Farrell's son was a fat pussy. there was also a bird man going around killing people but no one really gave a shit about him including the writers

>there was also a bird man going around killing people
Oh yeah totally forgot about that...

Are you ready for season 3 with Sam Neill and Hugo Weaving?

Why isn't this a vince posting thread yet?

best part is when they showed both those masks in the garage. such a half-assed reveal. "oh btw, he was both those guys"

wew

What did you mean by that?

Kek, I think S2 gets a worse rap then it deserves but this is embarrassingly true.

top kek

pretty accurate

he's right though, s2 is much better than s1
s1 is just to pass the time and have some fun, s2 actually fucks you up

Do people unironically believe this? It's just tough to imagine someone being so obviously incorrect.

it's ok little pleb, in the far future you won't be 14 years old anymore

I mean S1 is great, but S2 really stuck with me.

Season 2 revisionism when? Train station scene in the season finale is pure kino.

Plenty of parts were pure kino
>bar scenes
>Ray's dream
>The shootout with the dealers
>Party sequence
>Frank's death

Sounds like the average capeshit flick desu

No. They never solved a crime.

One episode was about annies dad that led them to a cabin.

They spent 2 episodes getting annie hookered up, when her hooker pesona acomplished nothing except 2 murders.

And the other 2 cops broke in yhe side door and found the files.

>No. They never solved a crime.
t. Never watched the show
They do solve crimes, but they are killed off/go into hiding before making it official.

The corruption scandal in the fictional city of Vince is loosely based on the the city of Vernon in central LA
latimes.com/local/california/la-me-vernon-true-detective-20150619-story.html

Name one crime any of them solved in the show.

Im sure faggot bike cop wrote some tickets, but we dont se that. Annie was an actual detective and the only one qualified to work the case. But other than her pervo dad, she didn't contribute at all.

Velcro was the only good cop.

Scarfu and Lera Lynn were good.

>Name one crime any of them solved in the show.
They solved who killed Caspere

that would be something

They owned airing rights to every lera lyn song.

The intro was a spoken word ""song""

Did they?

youtube.com/watch?v=XONxVct-xXw

M8

>I just love big dicks
Confirmed season 2 best season

I really liked a lot of it mate, I was just saying a few stand out scenes. I didn't think I cared for Paul until he died - I was surprised by how much I cared.
Yes

One of my favorite television seasons ever.

I don't get the hate. If people wanted a replica of season one then they should just watch season one again

>that webm

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bohemian_Grove

They didn't. They died and the 2 women had all the evidence in mexico

And hey. Whos not going to trust a disgraced cop and an ex prostitute. They neversolved the crime.

Also, i like how velcro can't see his son. So alpha.

>HBO: Land disputes and the daily complications that come with night club ownership are really much more interested than a pedophile ring ran by swamp hillbillies and Cthulhu, we swear!

that's season 3 user

>waaaah i'm gay
>let me waltz into an obvious trap and get myself killed for no reason
>no one would every accept a gay man in 2017!

kino?

black dicks*

They literally found out who killed Caspere - that goes hand-in-hand with
>They do solve crimes, but they are killed off/go into hiding before making it official.

>K Garv solving crimes
>great song
Radcliffe has to go, though. Nobody will take the guy who is a full foot shorter than everyone else seriously.

>let me waltz into an obvious trap and get myself killed for no reason

He had a reason how miniscule it might seem to you

>no one would every accept a gay man in 2017!

Except cops maybe. Also he couldn't accept himself which was his primary problem. The point is all the main characters were fuck ups

The story is shit and uninteresting.

he's supposed to be young and gullible but a bit ragey but I totally agree, I'm really sad that he's so short

Have you watched Chinatown?

It's exactly the same.

>tease us with big dick talk
>don't show a gangbang

why is this allowed?

No.

Pizzaman made as convoluted and complicated as he could ON PURPOSE.

>Muh complex layers of noir

What u end up getting is a hard to follow mess....souldve toned it down a bit

no.

before the season finale there were articles all over the web explaining and summarizing what happened so far. like several print pages long articles just to understand the overall arc and who's who.

Caspere knew this.

yes.

replace radcliffe with jon hamm and you have yourself a show

There are people out there who thrive on being Ronin rebels with ">get on my level" quirky tastes.

These drama majors will do things like claim True Detective season 2 was actually good and that Mulholland Drive is the best Lynch.

Then there are also people with flat out poor taste.

>casting the same person twice

It was actually about Daddy issues. Everyone in the show had them.

wow holy shit man

TD S2 is better than S1.
Mulholland Dr is inferior to Blue Velvet, Eraserhead, Lost Highway, and possibly FWWM.
t. Medical student