So can we all admit this wasnt that bad?

So can we all admit this wasnt that bad?

As long as people admit that the original is extremely overrated

Watching it now and it's pretty shitty. All it makes me want to do is watch an original episode and was this crap away.

not as long as they keep the same cast

Nowhere near as bad as it could have been, for sure

I like the guy and new Crow, and Felicia Day is sort of charming (I've never seen her in anything before but expected the worst from her reputation here). I saw the first two episodes, first was a bore and second was hilarious. Still lacks the charm of the original and that really cripples it

New Servo is horrible, and new Gypsy is the worst thing ever

Old Gypsy wasn't even voiced by a woman. What's wrong with actually having a woman play a woman?

*wash

Don't care if it's a woman or a man, but the new voice actor doesn't even try to sound like the character. It's lazy as fuck, and makes Gypsy really boring in ever scene she's in.

The first episode is straight up kinda shitty, but gets watchable to good after that. Kinda doubt they'll have the same replay value as the older seasons, though. I'd be down for another season, for sure.

Also holy shit at some of the guest stars. Their appearances are small but goddamn, I'm surprised at some of them agreeing to be on MST3K.

It took me pretty much this entire season to adjust to Tom, but by the time I got to the final episode I was fine with it.
7/10 season overall
Patton Oswald just seems dead inside in every scene, and all the celebrity cameos were just awful

Joel >Jonah >>> Mike

you know it's true

I think people forget that even classic MST3K took a few seasons to... not be shit

>KTMA: Completely unwatchable trash
>Season 1: Really bad
>Season 2: Watchable
>Season 3: Now we're getting somewhere
>Season 4: Actually good

That said, a lot of that had to do with them laying the groundwork and figuring shit out as they went along. NuMST3K has the layouts already made for them, but they're sinking because the talent they chose to play the parts is completely devoid of charisma and comedic timing.

I'll stick with RiffTrax.

I can admit the first show definitely wasn't all good, but pretty much every episode had a low-budget charm and showed an effort. A lot of the new show is just a high-budget, hollow mimic of the old show. A lot of the actors completely suck in their parts (Patton, Felicia, the voices for Tom Servo and Gypsy), and the celebrity cameos are obnoxious.

I will never understand Joelfags, dude always sounds like he ate a bottle of benedryl and washed it down with some wine.

>New Servo is horrible, and new Gypsy is the worst thing ever

The constant interactions with the screen (floating around too) are awful and gypsy has bad jokes and even worse delivery.

Other than that I am really enjoying it 6 episodes in

The original voice was just a man doing a cliche squeaky high pitched female voice. Like a bad Miss Piggy. It's good they changed it.

Yeah, the riff writing actually isn't the problem with the revival season. The rapidfire riffing is actually a welcomed thing (though I wish they hadn't likened it to Family Guy in promotional interviews, that turned a lot of people off).

It's just the cast is so BAD. They come off like they didn't even audition for the roles; like Joel just gave the parts to people he liked or were his friends regardless of whether they had any knack for riffing, acting or doing voice overs.

It's funnier and quicker than the previous seasons.

This is the best MST3K has ever been.

Joel had a good sarcastic tone of voice for the show, Plinkett before Plinkett, but Jonah's fine.

never seen the original but this was pretty unwatchable

I actually enjoyed the slower pace of jokes before. It gets better as the season goes on of the new show, but some episodes the "jokes" are coming so quickly you can't really pay attention to them all, and it just sort of becomes white noise that I ignore, and just watch the movie. The old show had a good balance of joking in the boring parts, and letting the interesting parts of the movie come through the riffing.

I get the feeling the way the new show was made had a lot of do with the disconnect between the riffing and the actual scenes being shown.

My only problem with the constant flow of riffing in the new season is that they're nonstop talking over the dialogue.

Sometimes they make jokes ABOUT the dialogue, but it's meaningless because they talk over it so you can't hear what the movie characters are saying.