GotG 2 discussion

Poor amerifats edition

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8guxsR0k_AU
deadline.com/2016/05/kevin-feige-marvel-studios-captain-america-civil-war-iron-man-doctor-strange-black-panther-1201750467/
mobile.twitter.com/JamesGunn/status/859481902868185088
youtube.com/watch?v=yERildSsWxM
youtube.com/watch?v=XS3sOS2tl64
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

why does it come out so late in Burgeristan?

I have no intention of ever seeing it until I can stream it online, and even then, I'm probably going to think it's shit.

why is the soundtrack so perfect?

youtube.com/watch?v=8guxsR0k_AU

Better than the first.

Certainly not [erfect, but had strong character scenese, an unconventional structure and was gorgeous to look at, with some really great shots (Yondus arrow in the dark for instance)

I am honestly surprised by how much they let Gunn get away with what he wanted to do, especially with Egos motivation

I really enjoyed it, it was pretty filthy, violent and dark in a fun way for a 12s.

I am sure the Guardians will be ruined by Infinity War though

>I really enjoyed it, it was pretty filthy, violent and dark in a fun way for a 12s.

yeah, that scene with the arrow killing hundreds of people in that ship.... was pure kino, all those bodies raining

and Egos plan, quite simple, go forth and procreate and fill the galaxy with his progeny, a new species that will outcompete most of existing life on the planets that it takes over. Literally the only purpose of one's existence, to spread your genes all over the universe.

>MFW Suicide Squad literally used the "meme songs flashy colors" scheme but failed horribly.

Somehow Gunn has the higher ground to make memekinos

>I am honestly surprised by how much they let Gunn get away with what he wanted to do

This, holy shit. Pacman, Nebula being electrocuted alive to power a ship, tentacle rape, distorted-reality warping, robo-prostitutes, several casual mentions of muder, severed toes, David Hasselhof out of nowhere, that entire final fight. Gunn had no restraints here and it just made the experience better.
It's a shame Infinity Wars is being directed by the bland Russo bros so it'll be safe as fuck mediocrity.

>I am sure the Guardians will be ruined by Infinity War though
I kinda hate Marvel for this, AoU ruined both Antman and IM3

Who won the Oscar though

>We have lived to see the age of david hasselhoff funk kino

reddits gonna ruin it though

>It's a shame Infinity Wars is being directed by the bland Russo bros so it'll be safe as fuck mediocrity

I'd rather they keep to that and dont drag based Gunn into that shite

best capeshit since gotg 1

Question: Is this basically a 2 hour Farscape episode directed by James Gunn? If the answer is yes I can't imagine I won't enjoy it.

I really really enjoyed it, my casual friends didn't recognize the watchers and Adam but those moments made me geek out.

deadline.com/2016/05/kevin-feige-marvel-studios-captain-america-civil-war-iron-man-doctor-strange-black-panther-1201750467/

“All of that is what made Deadpool so popular in the comics. Tim and his writers and Ryan Reynolds were able to get that and even magnify that up on the big screen. We’ve always said if there’s any ‘secret’ it’s respect the source material, understand the source material and then, any adaptation you make from the source material should be done only to enhance whatever the original pure spirit of the source material was. Deadpool hit on all cylinders with that.”
>respect for the source material
>2nd most important character in Infinity War & Infinity Gauntlet doesn't atually appear in the movies based on the source material
mobile.twitter.com/JamesGunn/status/859481902868185088

No. Vol. 3 will take place AFTER Avengers 3 & 4.

www.comicbook.com/marvel/2017/04/20/avengers-infinity-war-adam-warlock-guardians-of-the-galaxy-3/

Kevin Feige, speaking to our very own Germain Lussier at the same junket today:

[Adam Warlock's arrival] will not be until Guardians 3. Adam is not a part of Infinity War, which of course he is in the comics, but James [Gunn] did always really like Adam Warlock, and our version of Infinity War is the culmination of all the stories we told up to this point.

I'M
MARY
FUCKIN
POPPINS
Y'ALL

"Don't mind us, just gonna steal the whole movie."

Liked it.

Come to think of it, yeah, it kind of was. If Farscape had a huge budget.

This thread is great. People are saying what they liked and didn't like and discussing what they think will happen next. It's like an actual discussion.

So this is what Sup Forums would be like without burgerposts... makes you think.

Shame one's dead and the other is neutered by the PG rating into making forced T A S E R F A C E jokes instead of telling cunts to get fucked and murdering people.

Aww, you think we can all just magically get along.

Why don't you get right along back the way you came, Reddit?

It was pretty good.

>i came to here expecting polite conversations about my favorite things oooo pony!
Aaaaand you just ousted yourself as a complete fucking faggot and killed any little credibility this thread had.

>failed horribly
>won an oscar
>made more money than any marvel movie ever

>made less money than a sequel of a sequel to a B-tier hero.

>Won an oscar
For makeup. Winning against pretty much nobody.

Did make a lot of money. Is that how we decide if a movie is good now? Boxoffice? Lets all grab some popcorn and watch the Transformers and Fast n Furious teamup movie

>it's a marveldrone damage control episode
pass.

>truth = damage control

lol ok pedro.

>ad hominem
>no attempt to back up claims
o i am triggered :^)

IM3: 1.215 billion
SS: 745.6 million

>in b4 IT'S NOT ABOUT THE MONEY

Yondu dies lol

This movie is phenomenal. It's going to make more money than TFA I'm not even kidding. It's THAT GOOD. it's everything Age of Ultron should have been. It's GotG dialed up to 11 and thrives when it's being it's most colorful. It legitimately brought me to the brink of tears more than once, and I had to keep correcting myself as if to say .. this is a marvel movie, this is a comic book movie and I'm about to cry?

Absolutely amazing. Bravo Gunn.

Is this pasta?

IT'S NOT ABOUT THE MONEY

FORGET ABOUT THE PRIIIIIIIIICETAAAAAAAAAAAAAG

I know this seems like pasta, but I share the opinion that this movie is, for GotG, what AoU should have been for Avengers.

And hey, the movie did look more colorful than your usual MCU flick.

I loved this movie. The only thing that annoys me a little is the lack of a plot.
How the fuck does one hide spoilers?
Ok anyway, here's the plor resumed:
GOTG protect battery
GOTG steal battery
Ego destroys ships chasing after GOTG.
[Insert Ego backstory and plot]
Typical happy ending.
THE FUCKING END
The Yondu arrow scene was fucking epic, though. One of my favorite characters.

>Typical happy ending.

uh?
youtube.com/watch?v=yERildSsWxM

>How the fuck does one hide spoilers?
By going all the way back to plebbit, newfag.

Ok I'll reformulate that one. Typical good guys win ending, which is "happy".
The movie was a bit darker, though.

>How the fuck does one hide spoilers?
are you serious nigger

>The Yondu arrow scene was fucking epic, though. One of my favorite characters.
Yondu and Rocket were unquestionably the best part of the movie.

I'd almost wish that they'd spin off and engage in B-movie hijinks but tragically I feel like as much as they're yearning to break out of it they wouldn't work outside of GotG.

Sorry :(

Please

ugh, can you just not.

A solid 5/10, they managed to fill it with 90% quips, even at Yondu's death. Oh and Ego gets beaten by a literal Pac-man, bravo. The only good things were Debicki and Yondu.

Yondu deserved a lot more. GOTG Vol. 1 was 50% dialogue/plot and 50% action scenes.
GOTG 2 was 80% action scenes/cool effects and 20% dialogues/plot.
Kinda felt like a filler.

what did you want nigga
ego being beated by poiting le big blue laser at his core
fuck off

Why are people saying this movie and GOTG1 aren't dark looking? It doesn't seem light like The Avengers or 2005's Fantastic four with its lighting. The first GOTG and this second one are looking like they have coloring like the Schumacher Batman movies, but seemingly without using real live colored lighting.

Just look at this guy in the pic he says Civil War is darker than GOTG2, but the pictures he uses as examples arguably contradict that.

Ah great a teenager. This is the average Marvel audience lads

stop projecting, bitch

As someone who kind of liked guardians but absolutely couldn't get into the recent marvel flicks should I check this out? I remember people were sucking civil war and doctor strange's dick when they came out and they were garbage.

>bitch
>nigga
Trying to sound like your moms bull there kid?

"Dark" isn't a measure of actual lighting, it's a measure of colour.

The Civil War colours are muted as fuck, whereas GotG is fucking turquoise.

it is much better than those movies, not even comparable

this

when you guys start saying shit like this, I don't even know if we watched the same movies

WHY IS HOLLYWOOD FUCKING OVER IT'S OWN DAMN COUNTRY?
THIS ISNT RIGHT WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS PAYBACK FOR THE HOLLOCAUST?

youtube.com/watch?v=XS3sOS2tl64

;_;

When does this play?

The end

Post yfw He gave her the tumour

IT'S NOT OUT IN AMERICA YET FUUUUUUUUUCK

Quills reaction was great

Amerifat here, saw it last night at an early screening. Thought it was great and better than the first, certainly better than most, maybe all capeshit. Entertaining as fuck from beginning to end

Based Kurt's delivery of that line and Quill's reaction were both perfect

is there any movie with comfier soundtrack?

Shane
Citizen Kane

Almost everything before 1970

WHY WHY WHY

>He wanted to give you a ZUNE by Microsoft, it can have over 300 songs

I know someday I'll have to be the one who tells children that Zune was a real thing

How can sta=rlord do super hero stuff if he has cancer?????????????????????????