Is it racist for a Spanish speaking person to call a black person "negro"?

Is it racist for a Spanish speaking person to call a black person "negro"?

They claim it's not racist but I am offended by it.

Ay Wh*Te BOY WHO YU CALLIN A NIGGUH HERE

>be spanish
>arrive in new york
>make a comment about how many negroes the city has
>50.000 aspiring hip hopers and corner guards dismember you while hysterically yelling "RACIST" and "CRACKA"

Not here, also it's common to call black friends negro like, hey negro come here or sup negro and such

No. Fuck americans for racially reserving the word "nigger" and "negro" etc.
Even in Greek due to am*rican influences, these words are starting to be considered offensive.

black youtubers in South America call themselves negro as well

Is it racist to call a black person a black person?

It isn't pronounced the same. "neh grow" sounds a lot less offensive than "knee grow"

No.
But preto is.

We're not white so it's impossible for us to be racist.

These wh*Toids are stupid af

wasn't the entire idea of being white a spaniard thing

it isnt racist since we oftenly call people by their look(calling fatty(gordo) to the fat ones or shorty(petiso) to the short ones), we do a lot of discrimantion for sure, but without bad intentions at all.
we dont tend to be racist at all

Negro is the name of their race in spanish, they are negroid, how it can be racist?

Every now and than an amerindian looking argie calls brazilian players macaquitos in the libertadores.

"Negro" means black. Both the colour and the person. It's racist to use "negro" in an insulting tone, but it's OK to refer to black people as "negros". SJWs have penetrated media though, so press and TV usually refer to black people as "hombre/mujer de raza negra" (man/woman of black race), which IMO is even more insulting.

Like the Colombian user said, in many parts of Latin America "negro" can mean friend or sweetheart. As far as I know, it's the case in Cuba and the DR.

No, but it is a bit blunt.
People usually just say morenos (tanned) or the likes of it.

Not that I know of.

literally nobody calls them morenos lmao, but now being blacker than the night should be considered tanned? fuck off amerimutt

also it can't be racist since spain is mediterranean and therefore not white

He's probably a sudaca.

just a few people say it, and its just to banter since you are our main rivals

Seu negão

Unironically no. I had a coworker who was blacker than my turds and we usually bant each other every time I nedeed a favor from him or to ask him something Iwould say: "Negro, venga un segundo" (Negro, come here for a second). It lrgely depends on your tone of voice but in general, people useit as away torefer to someone in a friendly way. Interestingly enough, you can be white as snow and still be referred to as Negro, cause it doesn't imply your skin tone, but rather another way of saying "dude"

no, we don't have other word to call them

Is 'waitto piggu go homu' less offensive than 'howaitto piggu go homu'?

Blanco =/= White
Learn the difference, wh*tei

It was

>>It was the Spaniards who gave the world the notion that an aristocrat's blood is not red but blue. The Spanish nobility started taking shape around the ninth century in classic military fashion, occupying land as warriors on horseback. They were to continue the process for more than five hundred years, clawing back sections of the peninsula from its Moorish occupiers, and a nobleman demonstrated his pedigree by holding up his sword arm to display the filigree of blue-blooded veins beneath his pale skin—proof that his birth had not been contaminated by the dark-skinned enemy.[13]

don't know in other countries, but here you literally call someone negro and he'll laugh, racism here is probably non-existence because we don't take it seriously

este es el comienzo, grande madre

That has nothing to do with being anglo white. It was about being paler than peasants and muslims.

In portuguese negro is politically correct, preto (black) is racist.

No
Negro

Racism is very strong in Uruguay, so strong we don't even realize it.

I wish our culture wasn't so heavily exported

Nope

The Spaniards that are white are white and the one's that aren't, aren't I dunno why it's so hard to understand

Here saying "negro" os like "African American", its the formal usage, and "preto"(translation of black) is informal and kinda weird, might be an insult, like other words to say that he is "negro"; and the equivalent to nigger is "criolo", but is way more serious than in the US, even blacks dont use it, using it is for autistic cuck old people, but even they dont use it

JAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAAJJAAJAJAJJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAAJJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJ

>The Spaniards that are white
Lmao

i'm dominican and i made 4 african-americans on social media really butthurt just by using the word nigger. we all had a profile picture of ourselves so they saw how i looked and i saw how they looked, they were typical american kneegrows and seemed to consider me white judging by their reaction to my usage of the word nigger. one of them wanted to smash my face with a brick and another threatened to take my "bitch to the hood and pass her around" lel

if you speak spanish by definition you can't be racist

It's only a word you silly soyboys
t. meatman

Yes, use persona de color, instead.

Only whities can be racist and Spanish is a language only spoken by non-whites hence it does not matter because We cannot be racist.

no
im a proud GUERRERO NEGRO
son of YA'YEJAL J'IK'AL