What the fuck was up with season 5 talk about a waste of time

What the fuck was up with season 5 talk about a waste of time

5 was really solid. 3 and 4 had better parts but are super sloppy overall. I can't think of a bigger waste of potential than BE desu

It was telekino. You are just a pleb

S5 and the ending were rushed to make way for Vinyl.

>Season 4
>All those suplots
Show had ADD
Still enjoyed it, havent seen season 4

Now post memes

You can almost hear the rumble of the incoming Jimmyfags

Knew a girl with a crush on Jimmy. Turns out she's a compulsive liar and a clinical sociopath, so I guess it all adds up.

What a waste that was.

>that accent

I haven't seen a single positive post here about Vinyl and its understandable but I didn't mind Juno and Olivia Wildes scenes one where she is angry and spits the drink back in the mcs face, that was worth it for me I wish I had a webm

Never met a real paddy, ey?

>You can't be doing that to me, boyo, I'm yer mother

MUY CHEELDREN

You should try listening to love/hate

>spend all of your time S2-4 on Margaret fighting for milk pasteurization in a hospital and Chalky being retarded with that singer
>all of the Lucky Lucciano and Al Capone storylines have to be rushed through in the last season

BRAVO

came her to post this

>people remembering actual seasons
With the exception of The Wire, every other series I've seen is one whole thing for me.

>your mommy never kissed your tiny woodpecker when you were little

My favourite character

very competent snooker player i might say

Holy shit I was literally thinking this just this morning. I haven't heard this shows name in years. Trippy.

Agree 100% with this. It was literally chock full of super intriguing plots, which led to wetfarts, which turned into subplots I fucking loathed.

And for the life of me I can't remember a satisfying bookend for any of those subplots. Killing Jimmy was clearly the biggest mistake you could make that early and it literally seems like they did it to have another "Ned Stark" moment. Him losing his head just a few months earlier.

> best character
> gets killed off off screen between seasons

Talk about going full retard

It should have ended with season 3. There was nowhere to go with most of the characters after that.

>I haven't heard this shows name in years
When was the last time you posted on Sup Forums, 2015?

Did him dirty the way they wrote him out. Now he's mangling marvel heroes' fingers.

Ah the days of Jimmyposting. I'll remember.

they killed him because the actor was an insufferable prick

>killing Jimmy was clearly the biggest mistake

Agreed. We could have had a kino season of jimmy ruling the boardwalk amd knucky running a resistance operation from prison. Then after that they could have knuckues lawyers free hin and then have an ultimate jimmy/knucky showdown in season 4

Blows my mind that Charlie Cox isn't actually Irish.

Also any time Margaret had her hair down HNNNNNNGGGGGGGG.

Not my most frequented board, but more because I don't watch as much Sup Forums as I used to. I poke in around GoT time to hate on it. And I have a sixth sense for a snyderposter in need of some back up.

Stuhlbarg is GOAT.

In the end this show was disappointing, forgettable, and hollow, especially when compared to something good like the sopranos.

MUI CHILDREN

pls watch the show tumblr

I think Jimmy dying was exactly the way his story was progressing, his arc is a guy fucked over and over since birth trying to take control of his life but still getting fucked over again. The problem was the writers clearly had no fucking idea what to do with the show afterwords

And the show suffered for it. I'm not the type that necessarily wanted to see him on top but I think it would have been a better route to see him build some kind of side hustle. Shit with all of the random ass plots they through in there why couldn't he be the one that fucked Margaret instead of his replacement?

Who was the best character and why was it Eli?

read up and yea says he got in a fistfight with another actor and shit jimmy ruined jimmy not the writers/directors/producers they just had to cover their asses this shit costs money

Michael Pitt did nothing wrong.

He died irl innetween the seasons time frames. Shame tbf, qtest Jew.

yeah says on the googles that he would show up late which costs money, would fuck up his lines which called for reshoots which costs money. what is the price you would have paid to continue having jimmy on the show like give me a figure

Vinyl was fucking great though and it was only cancelled because 70's rock industry is not appealing to enough people to get good ratings

I don't know, how much is it worth to keep your viewers instead of them dropping by half a million which happened after Jimmy died.

The whole fucking show was waste of time

>Vinyl was fucking great
This is like the definition of a minority opinion.

It also says it's literally a rumor made up by Sup Forums though

Not really. It got good reviews, but bad ratings

If you're a pleb

It had pretty mediocre reviews across the board, from critics and viewers

HBO renews shows with low ratings all the time. With Vinyl they actually cancelled a second season order because thats how little anyone cared

After Jimmy was killed the show went downhill.... though really it was probably still worth watching for another season.

Last season really blew.

I think the problem was they expected it to get renewed quite a bit longer than that, so they had to jump forward several years, kill off many of the characters in the interim without showing it.... and the ending was just trying to sloppily tie off loose threads.

The finale may be one of the worst in television history. Boring, slow, depressing, Nucky gets outplayed very easily because he's acting way more stupid than he ever has before. Almost out of character stupid.

But I really loved the mentorship between Nucky and Jimmy and how Jimmy turned into a competitor. He felt like the most natural main villain and all other's pale in comparison. Also, I LOVE Jimmy nearly everything about him (except for the motherfucking), reminds me of myself. When he was killed I was very genuinely depressed about it and stopped watching for a month.

I would say stop at the death of Jimmy... but if you must keep watching ABSOLUTELY stop at the death of Richard, it's dog shit after that and just plain sloppy. It's like they canned all their writers and hired a team of high school creative writing students to wrap up the series. It feels completely different.

Also, I'm aware stories like this have to be morality plays in the end, but it's never necessary to kill off EVERY character that you've grown to love.

Metacritic says you're wrong. Also, it was actually renewed at first but then they cancelled it after Michael Lobardo stepped down and HBO changed leadership

They would have gotten more seasons but the showrunner decided that he didn't care anymore and ended it to do Vinyl.

Jimmyfags are cancer. Nucky was always the superior character, and season 5 was his best season

Actually, Terrence Winter said early on that 5-6 seasons was what he was aiming for. Look it up

70% is low for how overpraised tv is almost as a rule
The actual timeline was
>renewed before it aired to manufacture hype, HBO always does this
>low ratings
>Winter is outed and replaced by someone else to fix the show in season 2
>by the end of the season they just cancel it altogether
That's a serious crisis of faith in the show from HBO, worse than when they canned things for budget reasons in the mid-00s

If they writers were banking on more than 5 seasons to tell a story than it's their fault the show was such a mes. Very few dramas stay on tv for more than that to begin with, and it's nobody's fault but their own if they make it to 5 and can't tell a complete story yet

Well basically it ended up being four and a half.

Nucky was great. Agreed. And up until that, Nucky had never had a role like that. It was interesting to see him play a powerful and commanding role and own it. Particularly since he's always typecast as some type of wimpy weirdo in nearly everything.

And Nucky's character was a powerhouse of amazing acting and delivery.

That being said, Jimmy is the only other character that took his role to that level of epicness you really believe he's a young ambitious guy ready to rip the world a new asshole. And it really is something to watch him go from Nucky's driver to a boss in his own right.

Jimmy was the only worthy villain.... and being such, obviously he had to get killed off. But they should have kept their best villain for as long as possible. All other's pale in comparison.

The interplay between Jimmy and Richard, his main lieutenant/assassin, is pure kino. Probably some of the most amazing cinema I can think of. Their exchanges about the war, life, women; all of it was like poetry. Jimmy and Richard really made this show the critically acclaimed show it once was.... without them it was pretty rough.

Richard was literally figuratively Reddit: The Character

Richard Harrow was a fucking badass motherfucker. Maybe you should go back to my little pony.

Harrow was a real human being, and a real hero.

>Richard Harrow was a fucking badass motherfucker.
t. reddit

Yeah he also said he wanted the timeline of the show to end just as the Korean War was starting.

Smug kike midget. Creeping around like a fucking dentist with ether

Eli - Van Alden was the best combo.

It was canceled because it was tryhard trash.
>dude muh tormented protagonist with 70s music in the background!

It was Mad Men with zero of the depth.

I dont get season 5 either. Its a final, abbreviated season that time jumped over important shit like Rothstein's death, capone's time on top and also spent half of its run time on really unnecessary flashbacks. And as to the very end: It felt really contrived to have nucky get murdered by jimmy's son
also this

>mfw Rothstein and Jimmy out of nowhere

fuck Jimmy. he was a spoiled brat who deserved what he got