/FIFA/ Eternal FIFA thread

Many Happy Returns Edition

Attached: FUT.jpg (661x384, 22K)

Other urls found in this thread:

streamable.com/oh3dd
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

For those of you having trouble with the downward headers, the Huddersfield squad is a good way to get them, just put it on beginner and you'll still get 1500 if you win.

who Rooney/Schweinsteiger here?

Are all the birthday players available now?

Me, the Birthday Rooney is an absolute monster. Just scoring goals from miles out. I'm gonna use Schweinsteiger in a SBC at some point. I think they are in packs, but you can only get 5 of the Irish special cards so you can't get all of the SBC birthday cards, which is a pain.

Figured it out. Javi Martinez is just extinct on ps4

I was thinking Toure because I use his base card sometimes and it's fun as hell

... but I can't say no to a bloot machine

Fucking finally a Florenzi card comes on the market and I got him

Toure/Schweinsteiger tbqhimo la

Guys...these past 24 hours have been great....

To start I sold up my club and decided to do the Base Icon Sbc. Figured I could build around it to keep me interested in the game. Nervous as fug I open the pack...dutch flag....Fug....Cm....awww yeee Gullit. Never tried him in any fifa so Im happy with that. Finally my lack of sleep decision paid off.

Going thru club to make coins I got tempted by the 1-26 totw....fug it lets do it. Argie....st......95 messi pops out! My heart D: rip

And all it took was the genocide of your club.

I'm a casual who has never tried weekend league before.

Would I get raped trying to qualify?

Attached: alara_angry.png (506x438, 247K)

Good job, I just know i'd get Puyol or someone. I got a TOTW card in my squad battles reward and it was fucking James Chester, literally useless in every regard.

Eh, maybe, I don't bother with the Weekend League, can't be bothered sat playing 40 games in such a short space of time. The tournament to qualify is pretty frustrating in my opinion, there will be lots of sweaty players, and it's demoralising getting to the final just to lose.

Thanks, idk tho it seems the pack weight on the better icons are pretty good from this sbc. At least from what I see people pulling. Could always throw it into an icon sbc if you dont like and finish it around toty since Im guessing itll be really cheap. Just not sure if base icons will go below 250k during tots.

Everyone who qualifies for wl now isn't bothering with DKT and are just begging customer support to auto qualify them anyway.

Silvers only qualifier is the best imo. Pretty even playing field wise. I would def give it a go if your wanting to try.

But wl isnt as bad as I thought desu. It didnt feel anymore dif than session games except for the odd player thats just flat out good at the game.

Just give it a go and dont get stressed over it,once yo get mad its all down hill. Its just a game after all :)

Am I just shit at the game (most likely) or is there no reason to play 4411 over 442? 4411 just feels way too defensive and that you can barely pass to anyone in the opponents half of the pitch

Anyone played with the CM Sissoko yet? Thinking of picking him up to play CDM

Rppney only here.

Attached: bday Rppney.png (1350x759, 1.87M)

>Silvers only qualifier is the best imo
Are they doing it again? I tried qualifying for about a year, constantly got BTFO'd by insane squads in the finals.

Then got through the DKT in that last silver only qualifier on my first go

>Game is 0-0
>I'm attacking in the 92nd minute
>His defender clears the ball in the penalty box and the ref blows off the game the second the ball leaves the defenders foot even though it rebounds off my player and I regain control of the ball just outside the penalty box
EA™ Sports™: It's™ In™ The™ Game!™

>STEVENF

Roonfag here. Love playing him as a cam. His shots are fire

All hail the kings

Attached: Screenshot_20180319-133510.png (720x1280, 594K)

HOW TO FIX CHEMISTRY
>players from same team get 3 links to each other
>same league and nation 2 links
>same league or same nation 1 link

>cards that are the same version get +1 link to each other
>all totw get an orange link to all other totw by default
>all team of the year cards get an orange link to each other
>two totw cards that are the same league/nation get a green link etc

>fut champs monthly cards get icon links

>no formation switching in game unless you're making a sub

having fun using this team in Squad Battles

>tfw can add 91 Kaka to it soon

MOIST

Attached: Capture.png (657x551, 658K)

lb-y instead of x. Much easier to get a header instead of volley.

>always end up conceding the unluckiest of goals (from COM and players alike)
>pass play is horrible
>crosses are useless
>shots suck donkey dick
>defenders won't move in front of a player that may shoot to block the shot
Jesus fuck, why did I buy this game. Any tips?

Still waiting on birthday Bale's price to drop

Attached: 38fd1f0f-5335-408f-bdd4-1f24874581e7.png (1920x1080, 2.67M)

EOAE Kaka has arrived

Attached: 1471192724266.gif (600x338, 2.89M)

yes, he has.

Attached: preferred Pirlo's SBC tbh.png (1350x759, 830K)

>tfw I had everything for Kaka SBC
about time.

Attached: Capture.jpg (352x706, 46K)

>55 stamina

Fucks sake. Would be a good super sub though. Might do

>55 stamina

Into le trash it goes

>pacebabbies
Disgusting

shud b fun for the first 60 minutes, gonna sub him off for BDay Mahrez and see what he's like as well.

Attached: probs gonna die b4 1st half is over tbh.png (1350x759, 1.85M)

might do kaka for sbcs but then again maybe not 100k or more when you can buy neuer instead. besides there's valeri pirlo and schwein that's 3 central mids already

>stamina=pace

Stamina is actually one of the more underrated stats when you’re battleing for elite every week. The elite vs. elite games are rarely decided before the 70th minute since everyone plays like scared cunts

Attached: 8232DDBB-DC96-42B3-8FC0-9FD9EAA999BA.jpg (224x225, 14K)

>giving a fuck about elite
>not using subs
>stamina=pace
wew lads

The secret to the game is scoring first

1:1 goal to game ratio already la

Attached: match winner.png (1350x759, 2.22M)

What formation is best for squad battles, I don't want to play with real humans.

Help me get this Giulliano on 9 chem

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-03-19 at 20.46.00.png (674x548, 632K)

Using talisca would give you that sweet hyperlink

MOTM Talisca and PTG Jesus up front
De Gea in net

>crosses are useless

Attached: Untitled-2.png (167x148, 54K)

herpy-derp

For:

>still playing fifa in March

I seriously quite literally hope nobody actually does this

I don't think formation matter so much as the difficulty level you play against. I run 3-4-3 on my main and 5212 on my fitness, but I only play up to about world class.

>plebbit spacing

Thanks for your opinion. Truly valued.

Still trying to recoup the shekels EA took from you?

>spending money on EAjews

the hours we spend here and in the online world is time we will never recover

>the shit monkey 82 italian CB I need to complete Kaka is going for like 7k

Attached: 1493457571737.jpg (960x540, 68K)

Kaka is awesome. So silky on then ball and his passing and shooting is amazing. Set him to stay forward and don’t pressure with him off the ball like he’s Vidal or Nainggolan and he will last the full 90

Sniping brazilian rws for less than 1k and changing their position to rm them selling instantly for 3700 > actually playing fifa

Casuls

>pack Mertens and IF Vela in Kaka packs

Attached: tenor[1].gif (220x121, 427K)

>tfw too shit to score a goal off the woodwork

Fuck me, I've played about 5 games so far where I've just tried to do this. One lad even took pity on me and gave me a whole half to do it after I let his Irish player put 10 past me.

Bls resbond

Try finesse shots, they’re more likely to hit the woodwork. Or get someone to gift you pens and aim for the post

No, i believe your correct for the most part. I start off 4411 and at half alot of times I switch to 442 depending on if I feel the cf is having trouble in the game. 442 is really good this year anyways especially vs all these narrow formations. I feel the lm/rm get forward more often in the 442 over the 441 which makes it feel more attacking.

Low driven shots worked for me

4411 is only good if you have really good CF. Without an elite player at that position it's pretty much useless.

This is the first year that i'm still playing FUT at this time of the year, generally I give up. I've heard people mention that last year, they gave free packs or coins at the end of the FUT Birthday week if you do all the FUT 09/10/11/12 etc SBC? Is that true?

it really doesn't matter what you do
lost 0-4 against a 83-rated team (58 chem, w/o bronze benching) on world class
won 8-0 against a 85-rated team (51 chem, w/o bronze benching) on legendary
with 85* ; 100 ; 4-3-3 (4) in two consecutive matches
maybe adjusting your tactics and formation to the opponent can make a difference, even if the AI always uses the same approach (and cheats)

I always do the RB/R1+Shoot curling shot, good chance it might go in off the post

Is there some sort of obscure offside rule that i don't know of? Why wasn't there an offside here?

streamable.com/oh3dd

Attached: 1466245055815.jpg (552x553, 34K)

congrats on IRL playing FIFA against Mourinho

Wow, that's shocking. The only thing I can think is that the ball touched like a pixel of your own player's head and the game took that as the ball going back off your player? That's awful though.

Is the Baby Icon SBC worth doing? I will do the Kaka SBC so might as well waste some of my 1.2 million coins that I haven't touched in 3 months.

>Is the Baby Icon SBC worth doing?

well, $I got baby Litmanen for 60k, but $I don't think that $I will have enough coins or icons to get Prime Ronaldo when he's released.

might dump in Prime Van Basten since $I picked him up for sub 500k and he's high rated.

If you got 1.2 million coins, you might as well do it

>play 10 friendly matches
>still no woodwork
>decide to try the 9 season wins
>off the post on my first shot

there's some sick bastard in ea laughing right now

>not waiting 12 hours until most people have done the sbc and prices drop

Managed to get it off a penalty in the end.

Thank you based Larsson

>a player is in anoffside positionif any of their body part except the hands and arms is in the opponents' half of thepitchand closer to the opponents'goal linethan both the ball and the second-last opponent(not necessarily the goalkeeper).

Second last opponent is key here. Because your keeper rolled off the pitch, their attacker had gone beyond all of the defending players currently on the pitch meaning they were not offside. Let's say one of your defenders was on the line and then their attacker had received the ball, then he would have been flagged offside. Basically there needs to be one defending player beyond the attacking player for offside rule to come into play. People forget about the goalkeeper being part of the offside rule because it's very rare they're not on the pitch.

>t.qualified referee

Psst, buy silver Portuguese and Argentinians for cheap while you can.

why

Birthday sbcs have been focusing on nations of popular players from past fifas.

Fifa 13 - Ramirez, David Luiz
Fifa 14 - ?? didn't play
fifa 15 - ?? didn't play
Fifa 16 - ?? didn't play
Fifa 17 - Kante, smalling, renato sanchez?

Anyone picking up any otw/ptg for the weekend?

Kind of wanted to pick up Wagner but his picer already went up but Yarmalenko might be a good shout vs Saudi Arabia. Pretty sure some french ones would be worth grabbing as well.

Lmao thanks lad. Got it first game.

Thanks for the heads up. Went with him despite being really interested in Toure. Fuck me, he's insane.

Do europa league get totks cards? Welbeck is going for 15k, worth a punt I guess.

Pretty sure they do.

yes they do

Fekir, Lacazette and a few Celta Vigo players got one last year

dont think a TOKS card would change his PTG card

is it not just IF's, like it is for OTWs?

TEVEZ IS IN PACKS!

that's cos he's getting a fut birthday card on Friday, same as the Rooney, RVP etc ones

Kaka, Tevez, John Terry and David Villa

phew and to think i was gonna do a rooney 2004 fingerbang squad with the irish players

Stop bullshitting m8

KAKA SBC IS UP!!!!!!!!

Attached: Capture.png (300x584, 15K)

meant to post this

Attached: Capture.png (626x309, 216K)

It's the cheapest icon card available, so even if you get a duff one you can trade it in for a prime icon. And you might end up with a good one.

>daily SBC needs an 80-rated squad with two brick slots
>literally a 50k+ SBC for a 45k pack
GG EA.

It could have prime Madonna in it though

>Get to division 2
>Finally I'll get to play some elite people
>95% of the games are against bus parking counter attack mugs with full icon teams
>Team packed with special coloured cards of all sorts only for them to attack with Luis Hernandez and IF Son

>i'm in Div 1
>tfw i play a very attacking style
>came up against someone who does the same
>i win in a tight 3-2 match
>he messages me thanking me for not playing PTB

there's a few of us out there, and when we meet up in a match...that's when FIFA is the most

GENERAL REMINDER YOU ARE PLAYING A GAME THAT

>has a chemistry system set up to avoid people cramming their team full of strikers, it - however - has zero effect as it can be COMPLETELY nullified by switching formations in game

>contains artificial difficulty that adjusts according to factors like how much you spend

>is so terribly balanced 99% of all players use ONE formation

>requires you to spend 1000+ dollars in order to have a team that is good enough to be the best player - PAY 2 WIN

>locks your players to certain animations and running patterns - LACK OF CONTROL

>hasn't done something as simple giving one of the best players in the world - Mohammed Salah - an afro, despite the game being out for half a year

>is so TERRIBLY coded, 90% of all goals are 'low driven' shots

>doesn't allow use of a diversity of players, slow players are useless no matter position, the passing stat hardly matters (if at all), midfields contain only 'BEASTS xd'.

>a game you can't improve at if you dont have the best players - if you place gold 1 with your 100k team, you will never ever reach elite 1 unless you upgrade your team to be ten times as expensive -

t. div 1 winner FIFA13-18 (QUIT)

The FUT13 SBC is absolutely terrible. Pay about 50k for a 45k pack