Why did Riley's mother die when they have the technology to keep people alive forever in hypersleep?

Why did Riley's mother die when they have the technology to keep people alive forever in hypersleep?

what are you talking about? You mean Ripley's daughter? Why would you want to sleep forever? I am sure they do not dream so it would be like not existing.

Shit, I meant daughter. I got mixed up because that's actually a photo of Sigourney Weaver's mother.

And you'd want to be suspended in hypersleep until a cure to reverse aging can be found.

>cure to reverse aging

kek

>Intergalactic space travel is commonplace
>Reversing aging is impossible

Suspend your disbelief.

Ok, and who would pay for her hypersleep, is she billionaire?
So no one should die in the future, just leave literally every old person hypersleeping so when a "cure" comes up they are gonna make everyone immortal, for free.

Yeah they should have totally added that in the movie.

>Can I dream?
>Yes

You just described death. At least with hypersleep you have a chance of waking up

Burke was lying to Ripley to get what he wanted. For all we know Amanda saw more Ayylmao's than her mommy did. In fact she probably did see more just from Alien: Isolation alone.

She could have been in hypersleep somewhere sleeping in some ship pod after her mommy woke up, and when she got back some Weyland Yutani jackass told her her mum died peacefully in her sleep.

Alien: Isolation is not cannon though

then why would going to sleep to a cure is found have anything to do with the film? I don't see how that serves the story in any way.

>is santa real?
>yes

What is lying to your children to make them feel safe and feel good.

Just hyperspace 8 hrs a night, and live 33% longer.

yeah buddy I am going to need a source on that

nah, you wrong

If your ships can traverse interstellar space as fast as they can in Aliens, why even have hypersleep?

I doubt if Ridley Scott considers any of the movies beyond his to be canon.

*Hypersleep. Damn autocorrect.

That's what Peter Weyland did in Prometheus and he got his fucking neck broken by that albino dude

Kek

Then you'd wake up and have to sleep again, nothing gained. Notice how everyone is always looking super washed out in Alien 1 and 2? Hypersleep literally just freezes you, your not actually resting when you're under. Hicks even falls asleep during the drop.