Lionel Messi: A extremly offensive number ten. Can also be deployed as a winger, and as a striker...

Lionel Messi: A extremly offensive number ten. Can also be deployed as a winger, and as a striker, but you will always see him staying a little behind. Participates in plays, or downrights makes them. Can be found at the start, middle and end of a play. Not a natural striker nor winger, but adapts perfectly to any of them. Nevertheless, number ten, or a forward position its his favorite. Extremly naturally gifted. Doesnt use a lot of tricks to dribble, simply runs his the freakin ball glued to his foot, and his low stature, great speed and low center of gravity make him incredibly difficult to stop. Left footed. Incredible accuracy from set pieces.

Cristiano Ronaldo: Best deployed as a winger, that can also be effectively deployed as a striker. While Messi fits more as a playmaker, Ronaldo is much more agressive. He is a goalscorer. You will almost always find him at the end of the play. Has the very best definition in the world, wich makes him so deadly. Messi benefits from natural talent, but Ronaldo wasnt born, he was made. He also has a good speed, but uses more tricks, most notably bycicles. Has an incredible physical strenght and is way deadlier in the air. Also has good accuracy, and presents a notable threat from free kicks, but isnt as deadly as Messi.

Conclusion: While Messi works as a playmaker, Ronaldo is more of a goalscorer.

There, can we all be happy now?

Attached: images.jpg (299x168, 9K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mWsABcSkbzQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The board doesn't care about Messi and Ronaldo; just about arguing. If this really did "solve" the problem then we would move on to the next two players

no lmao
messi 4 life fuck ronaldo and fuck real madrid

>Lanklets
When will they learn?
This is a smol man’s game

Messi is much better as a striker than Ronaldo is as a playmaker.

Unfortunately, the entirety of the Ronaldo vs. Messi debate on this board revolves around shitposting based on recency bias.

If either have a great game, that one is better than the other; if either have a poor game, then he is finished.

We cannot accept the obvious at this point. Ronaldo is a pure goalscorer, maybe the greatest. Messi is a playmaker, unquestionably the greatest. Appreciating both for their accomplishments is impossible for most people because of their allegiances.

As someone who roots for Barcelona, I despise Ronaldo's personality and arrogance, but I can't deny his greatness.

>but Ronaldo wasnt born, he was made
fucking cringe

both mentally retarded
>ronaldo sperg makes him intense
>messi sperg makes him blank
now if we're having a debate on retard strength i think Messi would win

>Messi benefits from natural talent, but Ronaldo wasnt born, he was made
If messi wasn't disciplined he'd be another Ariel Ortega. Both are talented and disciplined

But for the rest, you're right. Shame that the cocksuckers of Sup Forums won't give this shit a rest like the retarded manchilds they are.

>tfw they are at the end of their careers and we'll probably not see players as good as Ronaldo and Messi and all we ever done was argue like retards instead of enjoying their talents

islam will end the debate

Attached: salah nice.gif (480x480, 3.98M)

*blocks your caliphate/EPL title*

Attached: debruyne.jpg (634x442, 48K)

Ronaldo hasn't been anywhere near "deadly" from free kicks in like 8 years. He's been dreadful on them for like three. There's just no comparison there. The rest is fine, I guess. I really don't like the "lol Messi all talent no drive, Ronaldo all drive no talent". If Ronaldo didn't have talent he would've been cut at an u15 level. If Messi didn't have drive he'd be either bouncing around teams on one year deals or doing street dribbling and youtube videos for money in Buenos Aires. They may not have the same composition of the two elements, but each of them have incredible amounts of both elements.

>Conclusion: While Messi works as a playmaker, Ronaldo is more of a goalscorer

what's this even supposed to mean?
Messi is better in quite literally every aspect.

Haha j-just imagine a-all these idiots w-who got so invested in their allegiance t-they refused to watch the other guy and basically missed out on watching one of them. D-definitely not m-me, though

Attached: 11-43-35-1520563422989.gif (748x554, 199K)

I'm an American and what is this.

good. i'm tired of the best players being a two horse race. i want more variety. after messi and ronaldo you literally cannot unanimously decide on who the third best player in the world is. it opens the way for more discussion

Messi is god autist, its not talent. He trains all day everyday trying to reach perfection. Ronaldo knows where to be to make goals and has extreme confidence. Im glad im not an autist so I can enjoy both

>While Messi works as a playmaker, Ronaldo is more of a goalscorer.

But messi ALSO holds the record for most goals in a year, in addition to all the other great attributes you listed. That is why he is such a freak and poonaldo can never be considered better.

Messi: swiss army knife

Ronaldo: miniature golf putter

>Messi benefits from natural talent, but Ronaldo wasnt born, he was made
remind me which one was pumped with HGH in his childhood again?

>run 4km per 90 minutes
Waiting for another 3-0 vs Juve this year in semis

you sound like a fag

Sorry mate, scoring goals is literally the only thing that matters in football. That's why if player A scores 6 goals in 5 games but scores all goals in one game and lose the next 4 games and player B scores 5 goals in 5 games and win every game 1-0 then player A is more important for his team because he scores more goals.

Messi GOAT, Ronaldo GOAT #2, fine, whatever, moving on

A-Angel Di Maria?

Never said Messi wasnt disciplined. Just that he was born with it. This isnt a bad thing tho

>Conclusion: While Messi works as a playmaker, Ronaldo is more of a goalscorer.
then why does messi have the record for most scored goals in a year? is it because messi is the better playmaker and the better goal scorer?

>But messi ALSO holds the record for most goals in a year

Yeah but Ronaldo still has more career goals.

>poonaldo can never be considered better

Neither is necesarily better than the other. If you watch a Barca game and then watch a Real Madrid game, then you wil see they work differently, they have different functions on the field.

>in a year
Ronaldo is way more consistent than "that one year" you dumb fuck

*outscores ronaldo* and we aren't even factoring in penaldos abysmall conversation rate

>the gypsy seething in two threads now
LMAO
>muh consistency
hahahaha how can you be so stupid? hahaha

Player B would technically be better for his team. Say player A scores 6 goals in a 2 legged tie. Scores all 6 in the first leg, but then chokes on the second leg and the other team does a comebacks, knocking them out of the competition

Now say Player B scores 1 goal in both legs of a 2 legged tie, winning both of them by 1-0. His team progresses onto the next stage of the competition.

Wich is better for the team?

well

shit yeah i guess

4 goals against girona and the gypsy jani comes out of his cave

> Ronaldo has the best definition in the world, which is what makes him so dearly
So you jerked it to peinaldo and thateams he is as good as Messi? Ffs go away, Messi best ever. Messi Gretzky, fagnaldo a poor, queer mans lemieux. Cry a shit, idgaf.

Attached: cristiano-ronaldo-shirtless-ref-push-photos-14.jpg (692x1024, 123K)

But I said neither is necesarily better than the other, they just have different functions, an are the best in the world at what they do. As simple as that.

>As someone who roots for Barcelona
nah you're just a soyboy

>tfw you put out fire tracks every year, then get tired and become top scorer in the EPL, while fooling people into thinking you're egyptian

Attached: regula-1.jpg (800x450, 221K)

kys Bogdan

>the goat

youtube.com/watch?v=mWsABcSkbzQ

Attached: AHHH SAVE ME TONI.jpg (477x417, 40K)

How long have you been watching Real Madrid, Mircea?

Not when he plays for Argentina he aint.

>He also has a good speed, but uses more tricks, most notably bycicles. Has an incredible physical strenght and is way deadlier in the air. Also has good accuracy, and presents a notable threat from free kicks

Attached: 1521254403728.jpg (235x126, 8K)

Nah Messi better you a shit

>Yeah but Ronaldo still has more career goals.

Because he's several years older

Nothing wrong in that tho, watch him play

Calling me a shit wont make messi better

Good point.

Ronaldo played a quarter of his career in England which at the time was a much better and more defensively sound league than La Liga. His conversion rate since switching to La Liga is better than Messi's.

Oddly enough I disagree with many who think Messi is more adaptable than Ronaldo. Ronaldo has done it for three teams(Man Utd, Real, Portugal) Messi has only done it for one - Barca.

So while Messi is GREAT he has two big knocks against him -

- Never did much for Argentina
- Never tested his skills outside of La Liga.

I'm sure Messi would tear most leagues apart but England would give him difficulties - much more physical league.

ozmodias = ronaldo
blue guy = messi

Attached: Watchmen-comic-watchmen-5274473-1600-1200.jpg (1600x1200, 334K)

>Epl more defensive
If you look at the goals scored per game for the time period the leagues are almost identical

They could play in the same team without problems, that's why the argument is dumb as hell, they don't overlap at all

Of the three big Spanish teams at the time Barca, Real, and Valencia, only Barca were world class. Real was on a decline and Valencia couldn't really compete in Europe. The rest of La Liga was a complete joke with exception of Atletico who were moving up.

Meanwhile in England you had Man Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea, and Arsenal - All four teams were world class at the time(Arsenal was on the way down....)and even the upper mid table teams at the time(Everton, Spurs, Manchester City) were solid teams.

Now things are different... I'd rate La Liga over the EPL... City being the only team in England I'd rate World Class.

You'd have to be deluded to think Ronaldo is in the same stratosphere as Messi. Or from New Zealand or Romania or some other irrelevant shithole.

>shithole
I would be prefectly safe inside a public school here and I wont fear for my life, how about you?

If you look at their stats and trophy cases they are very similar so to say they arent in the same league is retarded and comes from a place of extreme ignorance or bias.

Ronaldo hasn't done shit for Portugal, unless you count scoring offside goals against shit like Hungary.

>If you look at their stats and trophy cases

>Never did much for Argentina

he's carried them. Look at the stats with and without him during his career

yes, i can see that HGH can still take effect ten years later. oh wow, if only i knew HGH also gave someone great football mentality and ball control lmao

>poonaldo is better than messi
>i don't watch football, just shitpost on Sup Forums

>Ronaldo hasn't done shit for Portugal
Euro 2016:
>two goals in the last group game
>1 assist in the round of 16
>scores a penalty in the quarter final
>1 goal 1 assist in the semifinal
>injured by some monkey 15 mins into the final

>he's carried them.
see pic related. also he kicked out Dybala and Icardi.

Attached: 1520478205644.jpg (776x1920, 1.05M)

carried them to what trophies exactly?