Let's settle this:

Best action film of all time?

Other urls found in this thread:

thepiratebay.org/torrent/9776866/Hard.Boiled.1992.1080p.BluRay.x264
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Robocop
I really like predator though. Predator and Terminator 1 are good runner-ups.

Terminator 2

>robocop
Not even better than Judge Dredd
Pleb

This. Robocop is probably the most complex and complete, but predator is probably the most exciting, and terminator has the best atmosphere and tension

Heat

only answer
some other really good ones, like The Raid, Mad Max Fury Road, Hard Boiled, 13 Assassins, LOTR Two Towers, Terminator 2, etc.... but Heat mops the floor with all of them

anyone who disagrees doesnt deserve to be here

Pleb choice

I watch it every Christmas

Not best action movie of all time (Heat is)

But it IS the best CHRISTMAS movie of all time!

Die Hard as it's the purest action film ever made

I've never seen Sup Forumseddit be so wrong, not even in oscar threads

Predator is god tier tho

Predator is the most perfect description of an average action film.

>want to watch some john woo flicks
>every torrent on tpb is hard-dubbed to english

And it STILL hasn't been ruined by a shitty modern reboot/sequel

>public trackers
Good, plebs don't deserve kino.

try rutracker

Commando is, simply because everybody involved knows its ridiculous fun.

Does Heat even qualify as action film though? Compared to other movies here it barely has any action.

It's not a film, it's barely a flick.

well, its equally thriller, but ultimately, its just a very simple action film. the story and characters are all sort of stock-elements that have been elevated through depth. but seeing how the film has the #1 best action scene ever, id say it definetly qualifies. a lot of these other suggested movies have different genre-elements as well

Yup that's it. Anyone that says otherwise is a slack jawed faggot.

>Heat
>Action movie
Thriller maybe, but there's fuck all action in it

Wrong.

dude it has the best action scene of all time

it just feels less cuz its 3 hours long. it has about as much action as robocop (maybe more, even)

>Shitty Gook version of Dredd
"No"

This one is good.

But the sequel is way better.

The heist shootout in Heat is indeed amazing but the entirety of Predator is like mainlining testosterone. I couldn't honestly say that Heat is the best overall action movie.

My man

I'm not saying it doesn't, I'm just saying it seems more like a thriller in my eyes. When I think action movie, I think of a movie who's plot revolves around the plot, whereas Heat's action is a by-product of the plot if you get my meaning

when i think "best action movie" i dont think "has the most and the best action in it", i think "best movie that qualifies as an action-movie".

Heat is an actual, good movie. It has depth and interesting characters played by interesting actors. It is unpredictable in its action, causing genuine tension. Further, the action scenes (of which there arent THAT many, i know) are really well-directed, tense (as Michael Mann always accomplishes) and feel authentic, which.... how is Michael Mann the ONLY ONE who ever bothers making his action scenes feel authentic? it seems so obvious

anyway, my point is, i think Heat is the best action film because it has so much going on outside of just scenes of explosions, but everything is built in classical action movie archetypes

Predator, Hard Boiled, etc... all of these movies are great, of course, but not really from a more "mature" perspective. Heat is

Predator first half is amazing, second half is dumb shit. It's not fun to watch Arnold and an alien sneak around each other, even if the final fight is pretty good.

I understand what you mean entirely, but having the action be a by-product of the plot doesnt detract from it. I think the term "action movie" is a bit more broad, and can apply to more different kinds of movies. Apocalypto, for example, is definetly an action movie in my opinion (and one of the best ones ever) Further... i mean, the Lethal Weapon movies hardly have any action in them, but id say they qualify as well

I get what you mean user, good argument

Raid 2011
Dredd 2012

Wronh

you're close

Fuck I want to watch it right now it is GOAT

Since everyone already agrees that Predator is the best film ever made, that automatically also makes it the best action film ever made.
It's also the best horror movie, best political thriller, best drama, and best romance (Dutch & Dillon, Mac & Blaine).

>the predator director went to prison for a year and went bankrupt a few years ago

Just

Terminator 2

>this autistic faggot that won't shut the fuck up about heat

now he directs video game commercials.

Its a tough decision, but Predator is one of those movies that I can watch over and over again without being over it.

its something thats pretty rare for me.

>being an assblasted redditcuck about Predator

kys

He also directed Die Hard.

Total Recall is better just because of the world building sci-fi element. The Running Man is definitely up there too but falls short because Arnie doesn't do enough shooting.

Not the one with the most seeds.

thepiratebay.org/torrent/9776866/Hard.Boiled.1992.1080p.BluRay.x264

When you're right you're right.