Where did you guys migrate to after Imdb (((shut down))) its message boards you guyse?

Where did you guys migrate to after Imdb (((shut down))) its message boards you guyse?

Other urls found in this thread:

imdb2.freeforums.net/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Nowhere, I just start threads more often

b-but user, the comfiest thing about IMDB was you could go back after weeks/months and check replies to your old posts.

why would anyone read let alone post on that shitty glorified movie BBS where the signatures appeared in the same place as the comments

I miss being able to watch an old movie/series/cartoon and then going to the IMDB forums and always finding an interesting tidbit about it.

Personally bc it was comfy af, u looked up a movie and had a stable msg board with 100s of people to talk abt whatever abt the movie.

Trolling them was fun too

iktf user

In fact I'm willing to admit movie/tv watching hasn't been the same since.
Bc I realized talking about it or reading about it was *just as fun* as watching it

tfw grew up with Imdb

moviechat.org, has all the old posts from imdb and seems to be building momentum in terms of user activity.

The message board was a time capsule

>watch film
>go to the IMDB page to rate it, look at the Trivia and look for further insight on the Message boards

I can't believe that they pussed out so hard, I hate how humanity gets offended by fucking everything these days.

yea user I posted bc someone recommended that to me, but it looks like a ghostown desu

they didn't pussy out. They removed the message boards so they could more easily control the narrative, through paid review-scores.

Often you would find newly released movies with extremely high scores, and then see the message boards filled with people shitting on the movie, and questioning the validity of the reviews.

You'll notice that it's a trend in all media. Message boards that are not easily controlled are getting either removed, or replaced with Reddit-type boards where it's extremely easy to control the narrative through upvotes and downvotes.

IMDB refugees are pure cancer. They have to go back.

>11 years down the shitter

im not a refugee moron, i posted on chan completely unrelated to imdb long b4 /tv

>In fact I'm willing to admit movie/tv watching hasn't been the same since.

I hear that, nothing like watching "early 80s scifi movie about the apocalypse with some tits thrown in" and then not being able to read how they were gonna do a sequel but it didn't pan out and then they used the story to do "other movie" so then you wanna watch that movie as well, and then some guy is like "check out this cut scene that I uploaded on youtube".

It really added something, was like icecream after a good meal.

Thats a spooky avatar, bro.

>September 11

me rn reading this

>was like icecream after a good meal.

imdb2.freeforums.net/

This one's fairly active, although only the general boards are there not the specific movie and TV show ones.

TMDB is okay but it's mostly dead right now

>TMDB
mhm

Maybe we should try to meme moviechat.org into being popular?

It looks basically exactly like imdb of old

I loved going on IMDB and instantly going onto the boards to see what people had though of the movie. Years and years of discussions to find on that board if you dug around. Not only did you learn fun tidbits about movies, but you'd read other people's thoughts about movies and in turn, it would open your mind up to new ideas about said movie that you hadn't even thought of before.

It was like burning down a fucking library with the amount of insightful posts from true lovers of film. All that being said, I've noticed that since they've been deleted, I think about the movie a lot longer and really digest it better. I don't have the instant gratification of searching it up and finding what the ambiguous ending REALLY meant. the movie has a better lasting effect and I find I appreciate stuff more this way.

Where is Brendan Fraser going to post now?

What are those asterisks there for?

emphasis ig?

They actually watch movies, you are the cancer.