And as you can see

....I'm a lot happier.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=f9QhOmvntHY
youtube.com/watch?v=75sWALt2IzI
superrobotmayhem.com/comic-book-movies/justice-league/has-willem-dafoe-been-cast-as-the-joker/
youtube.com/watch?v=Qg5Z-luWM-4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

He was born for this role, shame Burton didn't direct the last two movies.

Would ya? Huh?

That face when you need a moment or two alone, boys

Killing off Bob was the biggest mistake

What's Burton's best movie?

This or Pee Wee's Big Adventure?

In this scene he is alpha is fuck.

I agree with your dubs and trips. Bob was the perfect loyal henchman and goon. Sticks with his buddy through a treacherous and dangerous transformation, can handle himself in a gunfight, dances like a motherfucker to Prince, talented incognito photographer, ballsy enough to threaten the city police commissioner

yeah

I wonder if /k/ likes this gun.

The really should just get him to play an older Joker again.

I've never known a person who likes this movie not even Batman fans. Are you all 40?

You must be 18 or over to post here.

And now....

I'M ALWAYS SMILING!

HOHOHOAHAHAHAHAAAA Hippo

Teenagers don't know who Tim Burton is

>You're a white male!

Babyshit pissypants underage faggotron can't get into Batman movie without edgy "Why so serious?" man or growly "SWEAR TO ME!!!" horseshit

Eh-heheheheheh-HAHAHA-Eh-heheheheheh-HAHAHA-Eh-heheheheheh-HAHAHA-Eh-heheheheheh-HAHAHA-Eh-heheheheheh-HAHAHA-Eh-heheheheheh-HAHAHA-Eh-heheheheheh-HAHAHA

Robin Williams was offered the role of The Joker when Jack Nicholson hesitated. He had even accepted the role, when producers approached Nicholson again and told him Williams would take the part if he didn't. Nicholson took the role and Williams was released. Williams resented being used as bait, and not only refused to play The Riddler in Batman Forever (1995) but also refused to be involved in any Warner Bros. productions until the studio apologized.

Jack Nicholson had a strict schedule stipulated into his contract that his casting call was to be later than most actors on the set. Jack was known for having late evenings up to 3:00 am before he would get home as he dined out every night or attended small parties. Michael Keaton would arrive early in the mornings, and Jack would come in around 10:00 am at the earliest and greet Michael, then sit on his chair. He would then tilt his head back and fall asleep immediately as the makeup artists worked on his prosthetics.

Jack Nicholson received a percentage of the gross on the film, and due to its massive box-office took home around $60 million. As of 2003 it is still the single-movie record for actor's salary.

Easily the greatest henchman in capekino history, he was too good for this world and even got his own action figure.

Did they ever put him in the comics afterwards?

Those two plus Ed Wood and Edward Scissorhands

I love the design of the Batmobile from those movies (and the animated series), shame it looks lame as fuck in the Nolan movies.

Michael Keaton casting as Bruce Wayne/Batman caused a controversy amongst comic book fans, with 50,000 protest letters sent to Warner Bros. offices. Bob Kane, Sam Hamm and Michael Uslan also heavily questioned the casting.

Better be sure.

>dat freudian implications

Some of the Joker/Jack's goons in the 1989 Amstrad CPC, Commodore 64, MS DOS, MSX, ZX Spectrum and Amiga video game adaptions of the Batman film were based off Bob, who shot at Batman. In the first level at Axis Chemicals, he was depicted wearing a trench coat, and in the final level at the Gotham Cathedral, he wore a Joker goon jacket, just like in the film (in the Amstrad CPC, GX4000, MSX, and Commodore 64 version, Bob only appeared in the Gotham Cathedral Level).
Bob the Goon's name was the influence behind Kevin Smith's character Silent Bob in Clerks as stated in his An Evening with Kevin Smith special.

It took two hours for the makeup team to change Jack Nicholson into the Joker. 355 silicone adhesive had to be used due to Nicholson's allergy against spirit gum. Prosthetic makeup designer Nick Dudman used acrylic-based makeup paint called PAX for Nicholson's chalk-white face. It was tricky finding the right shade of white in contrast to the dark sets and Batman's black suit since a pure white would blur out Nicholson's face.

In the film, the Joker has to mask his chalk-white face by painting himself flesh-coloured. In the script, it was specified that the Joker would have to take the flesh-colored make-up off to reveal the white skin underneath, meaning that the make-up effects team had to find a way to take one layer of make-up off and leave another intact. Nick Dudman, the film's make-up designer, came up with the solution: they painted Jack Nicholson with the white PAX paint that they always used, and then put a thin layer of food-grade silicon oil, which nothing sticks to, on top of it. They then took flesh-coloured greasepaint and painstakingly painted it to where it was literally sitting on top of the oils. They then airbrushed and faded it in to make it look natural. After soaking the Joker's handkerchief in isopropyl alcohol, Jack Nicholson was able to wipe at his face and it would strip off the greasepaint but leave the white PAX paint intact.

Willem Dafoe, David Bowie, John Lithgow, Tim Curry, James Woods, Peter O'Toole, Edward James Olmos and Ernest Borgnine were considered for the role of the Joker.

Fuck....Willem Dafoe as The Joker??

The Batmobile was 20 ft long, had an 8 ft wheelbase and weighed 1 and 1/2 tons. Two prototypes were built for filming. The flames that shoot from the rear were created using paraffin. As a special promotion around the film's release date, MTV held a contest where the winner would be awarded one of the prototypes that had the engine removed.

Length: 260.7 in
Width: 94.4 in
Height: 51.2 in
Acceleration: 0-60 in 3.7 seconds
Maximum Speed: 530 km/h with booster
Engine: Jet Turbine
Fuel: High octane; 97% special (gasoline paraffin mixture)
Torque: 1750 lbf.ft at 98.7% ROS
Wheelbase: 141.0 in
Wheels: Cast alloy, 15 x 6.5
Tires: High aspect L60-15
Two-seat cockpit featuring aircraft-like instrumentation, a passengers' side monitor, self-diagnostics system, CD recorder, and voice-command operation and recognition system.

The Batmobile was built upon a Chevrolet Impala chasis with a Chevy V8 engine, and was based on and modified from a 1970 Corvette body when previous development with a Jaguar and Ford Mustang failed. A second car was based on an Oldsmobile Cutlass Convertible.

Special care had to be taken to provide the facial makeup for Michael Keaton's Batman. The make-up team, with direction from both Nick Dudman and creative director Tim Burton, painstakingly formulated an irritable layer of grease and campiness to be worn by Keaton during his performance in the iconic Batman rubber suit. While Keaton had not wished to wear this, it was contractually enforced, and the actor wore it for each day of filming. Burton emphasised the importance of this, claiming that "...[Keaton] just didn't have the pout we wanted. He'd turn up on set frowning, we weren't sure why, but it wasn't enough". The smell of the mildly-acidic grease is what brought Batman's signature curled-lip pouting to the big screen.

Lip Height: 1.02 in
Separation: 0.08 in
Disgust: 0.91°
Two-eye cockpit featuring acting-like capabilities, an actor's salary, self-righteous system, VHS cassette seller, and a deep-bass voice-modulation and comedy system.

DELETE THIS!!!

>unzips dick

"Life's been good to me.

...ah-heheh."

I'm BRBBLBLRBBLLRBATMAN

Didn't people freak out when it showed Joker killing his parents? And Vicki Vale was in the Batcave?

Yes. Apparently having Joker be the guy who killed Batman's parents caused some people to really sperg out for some reason.

What's going on with the side of his face

Jesus Christ, people have been continuously butt hurt about casting choices in Batman movies for 28 years.

Someone rubbed his rhubarb

The freakishly long revolver that Joker uses to shoot the batwing down at the end is a Smith & Wesson model 15-3 with a custom 21- inch barrel.

This guy would have been good as two-face. Got the gangster shit down pat.

What about THIS motherfucker? We were very close to having Lando be fucking Two Face. Do you see him pulling that role off? Nothing against Tommy but....

Because it works every time.

What do you guys think of Cesar Romero's joker? and Cesar Romero himself

No. Because with handgun rounds, the bullet will generally stop accelerating and start decelerating at around 14-16" (generally). So a barrel that long will actually decrease velocity of the projectile. It's movie horseshit.

Cesar was good in his own way. With Cesar, he only had the comics to work off of and since they were sort of kid oriented, he went in that direction. It doesn't bother me he refused to shave off his mustache for the role. Its an added quirk to the quirkiness of the time.

Frank Gorshon, however, was on a completely different level. With that hysterical laugh, he would have been perfect for Joker, but goddamn did he ever take that Riddler character to another level. You definitely see traces of Frank in Jim Carrey's take on it in 'Forever'.

Personally? Not to piss off the frequent Bane posters, but I wasn't a fan of Bane. If they could have gotten a gritty, dark Riddler character that toyed with the audience and Batman with legit problems and riddles with dire circumstances, all the while portraying him as a cold, calculative genius thinking on a level most can't comprehend, it would have capped Nolan's series as high art kino. I would like a modern take on Riddler, to summarize.

Its COMIC book movie horseshit, inasmuch as justifying hotwiring everybodies cellular devices into listening tools to spy on them in the name of capturing one suspect. I mean, no one or government would ever do such a thing or consider it in the name of security.

R-right?

ACK! ACK ACK!! ACK ACK ACK!!! ACK!

I like Jack Nicholson's portrayal alright, but he pretty much played it as a more sadistic Cesar Romero.

youtube.com/watch?v=f9QhOmvntHY

Even if you take away the Batman and Joker element or their characters, you still get left with a man's movie. You got shoot outs, car chases, brawls, psychotic and interesting characters.

Its a movie that shouldn't have worked the way it did but it somehow does

Jack was more like your crazy uncle doing zany things.

Heath was pure meth addict

Leto was that faggy twink you passed around the prison showers for cigarettes

Nolan should have cast Leo as The Riddler.

i just for a split second thought jack nicholson was dead when i saw this

Reminds me of this video
youtube.com/watch?v=75sWALt2IzI

do you know anyone besides your parents?

You really think so? I mean....if he did that, we wouldn't stuck with this forced Heath Ledger wannabe tryhard performance that we got in a shitty ensemble movie later on, so you might be on to something.

My problem with that is that would he have been able to come across as someone who is so intelligent he is driven to madness or crime? Could he have been the catalyst in a movie where Batman and the audience play games and unexpected outcomes? Kinda like a Jeremy Irons in Die Hard 2, giving vague clues to where bombs are around a city where lives are at stake sort of deal, times 10. That's a Riddler I would pay to see and if Leto was given that instead of Joker right after Heath, I would have maybe believed it.

I guess that's a problem with the character. Mark Hamill got it right after the Batman's and was told "Good luck following Jack", but he made it his own and in way, surpassed him.

Leto dropped the ball, and since the movie was butchered even worse in editing, it may not be entirely his fault but that's a given

his white makeup got onto his jacket collar. To cover it up they put shoe polish over the white smudge. That's why Jack has shoe polish on his neck.

Glaring Batman '89 plot hole:

Joker's grin is due to a plastic surgeon trying to reconstruct his face after her was pierced through the cheek by a bullet. However, Joker's chemical X victims all die with the same grin on their face.

The grin is from his plastic surgery, not the chemicals. So it doesn't really make sense for the victims to also have it.

Have you ever heard of the healing power of laughter?
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

There is some retarded fan theory that Coleman Reese from TKD was Nolan's vision of the riddler. He was often referred to as Mr. Reese, which sounds a lot like "Mysteries" and in the movie he solved the greatest riddle of all; who was batman?

But halfway through the movie, its revealed in that scene where Bruce is going over his police file that Jack Napier is adept at chemistry. And since he was more or less "born" at the Axis chemical plant and took it over as a base of operations, it isn't so much of a stretch to believe that Joker would go back there to the pool he fell into and synthesize and weaponize the chemicals for a desired effect to work in combination with beauty products aka Smylex

I always thought it was a hickey.

Based pimp player Joker

>You really think so? I mean....if he did that, we wouldn't stuck with this forced Heath Ledger wannabe tryhard performance that we got in a shitty ensemble movie later on, so you might be on to something.

Leo DiCaprio, not Leto.

Leo as Riddler would be unreal.

Sorry, I misread that.

Holy fuck....that would be sick

That's a plausible stretch. Either way, I could watch Batman '89 all day and not get bored of it. True and pure cape-kino.

>not Big Fish
turbopleb detected

And that's just it. Its such a weird movie when you boil it down. It shouldn't work the way it does. Its not so much plot as it is character driven. There are traces of Batman and traces of Burton, Jack steals all the scenes he's in just being himself times ten, Keaton offers a good counterbalance to that in a somewhat weird straightman sort of way (kinda like the Batman-Joker relationship) you got gunfights, brawls, car chases, a sick Batmobile, fucking Prince songs. Its stylish in how it goes for an ambiguous 1940's noir German expressionism look to everything. It just works...somehow.

I've watched it endlessly and it's still good. I can't say that really for a lot of comic book movies. It just hit in a way others don't and its the director, actors and artists who brought that out

Maybe its kino cause it gives you a grin...again...and again....

Hahahahahaha---OH!

>Tim Curry
would have been better

You think he would interested in another clown role after "It"? Wouldn't people have lumped both of those together and compared them for the rest of his life? Could he have differentiated the roles effectively?

We kinda ended up with Jack Nicholson as Jack Nicholson in greasepaint, and it strangely worked out. With Curry...could he have been lost so much in the role we forget its Tim, and not compare it "It"?

That would have been tricky.

Dafoe on the other hand is beyond everyone else the definitive choice for Joker going in Hollywood today. The physical features are there, the mania is there, the rictus grin, the reputation of having been the Green Goblin who is arguably the best portrayal of a Marvel villain to date; its all there. If Dafoe got cast as Joker and was given the free reign Ledger and Nicholson got with the character and not be hindered by the rogues gallery ensemble cast like Suicide Squad, or be overshadowed by a star like Will Smith or someone with sex appeal like Margot Robbie, and of course given a script good enough to bring the best out of him, I would forgive DC for all its recent fuck ups.

Pleeeease movie gods, make this happen.

superrobotmayhem.com/comic-book-movies/justice-league/has-willem-dafoe-been-cast-as-the-joker/

>sex appeal
>Margot Robbie

But It came after Batman. So would Curry have even been Pennywise or is there a universe out there where he isn't but he played the Joker?

On the contrary, it would have been interesting to have seen what Bowie could have brought to it, but without extensive acting experience, he might have just been stilted.

I could be wrong in that assumption though...

>David Bowie
His Joker would have been legendary
youtube.com/watch?v=Qg5Z-luWM-4

MARS ATTACKS!

As much as I like Mars Attacks, Ed Wood is slightly better