Is this good or not?

Is this good or not?

no, but it is visually appealing

it takes the crew half the movie to figure out what the audience knows from the opening title sequence. (that the engineers did in fact make humans and share dna with us)

we see a 'proto-xenomorph' at the end.

nothing else of value is revealed (about engineer intent or intersecting plot lines of 'Alien').

a few of the characters inexplicably act like retards, in ways that don't comport with their professional skills (the idiot geologist who maps the pyramid gets lost, the idiot biologist, etc)

here's hoping that Covenant isn't trash

Yes, its kino, but some dont understand it. They're dumb....like the guy above me.

It's the embodiment of a 6/10 sci-fi movie with a high budget.

The characters are insultingly stupid for the sake of getting themselves killed, it's a real bad movie

It's an Alien prologue that tried not to be an Alien movie, so it's a fucking mess.

No. The editing ruins it. It's one of the worst-paced movies I've ever seen. The only redeeming factor is the visuals.

no. it's visually stunning. It had a ton of potential and the original concept was very good. It was gutted by studio interference and Ridley Scott not wanting to make another alien movie. the writing is shit, and a lot of scenes that explain what is happening were removed for no fucking reason.

It's fucking kino, and only plebs think otherwise. It's easy one of the best scifi films ever made.

it's super comfy and has underrated body horror. there's no philosophy behind the ramblings of the crew which disappointed a lot of people and does very little to provide an origin story. I thought the way it fleshed out the universe was pretty interesting though. Competently made, not mind blowing, will be remembered fondly in years to come.

I want my 8 bucks back.

The script isn't very good and they cut out a lot of scenes that give a lot more context to the movie, but the visuals are appealing and Michael Fassbender's character is fantastic. Definitely worth a watch.

No.

absolute garbage, saw it in the theater and I cringed, I rolled my eyes, I laughed, I said "geeez", the only thing I didn't do was walk out. I should have.

Is it wat have? Yes. Is it re-election? No. Am I going to see Alien 6? You're Goddamn right.

couldve been better like i kept wanting it to git gud, but then it just never did.

Plebs want everything spoonfed to them. This film is the closest thing to reading a fucking book than any movie in recent years (ex Lars Von Trier films)
It leaves gaps that you fill, but provides the answers via subtext and dialogue. Very Hemmingway.
It's a damn near perfect film.
It's okay to have a wrong opinion if you disagree.

I honestly feel like the only thing that's really wrong with the film are the characters and their actions. You've got this super duper important mission but everyone involved is basically a bunch of ass-clowns. It makes no sense and cheapens the movie.

If you could somehow ignore how retarded the characters are, the other aspects of the film (basic story arc, pacing, visuals, environments, sets, creatures, etc) are very solid IMO.

Great movie. Excited af for the sequel.

i am a big fan of alien, so i found it disappointing and kinda poorly scripted in parts. more than that though, some parts just didnt make sense (in regards to how certain people acted at certain times). something i found out was that a large amount of the deleted scenes provide context to a lot of the issues i had with the film (such as the biologist reaching for the black goo worm [in a deleted scene we are shown that they find normal looking similar worms and that the biologist takes one as a sample and is intruiged by it, making his reaction, while still kind of counter intuitive, much more understandable])

Make a scipt for Alien Engineers with the backstory of the space jockey and the derelict ship
realize it's impossible cause it was a fossil in the movie
let's make the same ship and alien but in a different ship
let's name it prometheus so it's independent from alien but not really cause we need to cash in
change xenomorphs for a black goo that's basically a deus ex machina gimmick that makes whatever is needed to advance the plot
create a fucking mess
it's garbage

Excellent post, it 100% is this