Can someone give me the basic gestalt on this show?

Can someone give me the basic gestalt on this show?
Is it good?

Other urls found in this thread:

imdb.com/title/tt0418279/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Slow but comfy. Definitely not for everyone, and it's basically mandatory to watch Breaking Bad before venturing into BCS, specially for S03, which has about half of it explaining how and when certain Breaking Bad characters made certain decisions.

The Jimmy (main character) arc is inconsistent at times but recently it seems to be building momentum.

Nothing occurs: The television programme.

[drilling intensifies]

It's just black privilege.

>Saul has to give Mike stickers
>Mike doesn't make Gus give him a sticker

What did they mean by this?

>and it's basically mandatory to watch Breaking Bad before venturing into BCS

no it's not. 95% of what they will miss are stupid references and cameos

Drill goes RRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEE
Chuck goes REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>gg chuck but I have a photo of your lantern on a newspaper

actual tv thread bump

So does anyone else think Kim is going to use the photos to have Chuck declared mentally incompetent? This means they can have him institutionalized.

This is the only thing that's made me laugh all day.

short answer no

long answer hell no

An intense examination into the Byzantine world of lawyering, showcasing a wide range of perspectives, as well as respectful consideration towards the source material, including a few delightful callbacks and Easter eggs.

>intense examination
>Byzantine world of lawyering

neither of those two things appear

It has taken over 2 seasons for the next episode to finally get the main characters against each other in a court room, and they will still find a way to do nothing.

The next episode won't go well for either McGill brother. Chuck's probably got Air Force up his sleeve.

Yikes, did you even thoughtfully consider the first season?

Would have preferred a Gus show to be honest.

honestly i doubt they're getting to that next episode

Would be a rather interesting plot twist if gus actually did throw a commie out of a helicopter.

i'll give the meme free lowdown:
the main """plot"""" has repeated for 2 (going on 3) years.

so little happens every thread is nothing but pleb filter, montage, kino, and its an X episode memes. howver gus finally appeared and the plot has moved farther in 20 minutes than it has since the show began.

I was struggling to figure out how that's going to come into play. Is he going to show the court pictures of Chuck's house so he can show them that he's autistic?

We should stream this together so we're not bored:
imdb.com/title/tt0418279/

remember jimmy's conversation with the doctor the first time chuck is hospitalized?
if chuck presents a threat to himself, it's grounds for involuntary commitment

>Kim presents the photograph in court
>Can you tell me what you see in this photo, Chuck?
>Uh, it's just my lantern.
>....just his lantern
>I would like to note for the record that Chuck can't even identify kino cinematography when he sees it
>whole courtroom applauds and chants bravo vince
>Executive Producer: Vince Gilligan

>bingo

more like bravo

>it's a jimmy plays bingo with old folks for 30 minutes episode

What does Gus do to Hector that leaves him a cripple?

What did Kim mean by bingo anyway?
How does the tape play into their hands?

>better call saul
>its 3 seasons about a guy named Jimmy

Gus probably doesn't do anything. Hector's just old as fuck, under a lot of stress, and constantly being sabotaged. Probably just had a stroke in the New Mexico heat after another deal went wrong.

feeds him undercooked chicken

Because the Best Evidence rule stipulates that a facsimile cannot be used as evidence in a court of law when the original document is still extant.

chuck is one cooked autist but he knows the law, was this rule brought up in the episode?

And we're going to believe that neither Chuck or his buddy will see this coming?

just finished season two, I think its better than breaking bad but you need to watch BB first

it sounds like the bar hearing isn't technically a legal hearing, Chuck was saying that the bar for burden of proof and what not is lower.
I think just the content of it will play into the "Chuck is insane and should be committed" plan.
Also I don't think them entering the tape could be prevented because the contents aren't at issue, just the destruction of property.

No, it wasn't, but it's a fairly obvious precedent.

>chuck was deceptive in recording the tape, deceptive in making a copy of the tape, and deceptive in failing to inform anyone about the fact that jimmy destroyed the copy and not the original
>chuck lives in a house with all of the wiring stripped out and the walls covered in space blankets thanks to an imaginary mental illness

It's fairly obvious that Jimmy and Kim are going to turn the trial around and attempt to get Howard disbarred thanks to his mental illness. Remember how the cops reacted when they had to taze Chuck? They looked through his window and instantly assumed he was a junkie because his home is so utterly fucked up under the pretence of normalcy, and the court will assume exactly the same thing.

And how the fuck are Gus's employees not suspicious and blindly just believe whatever he says?

I mean Jesus christ the story he gave them after Hector came in was fucking awful.
I wouldn't even risk working there after something like that happened.

How much are they fucking getting paid?

Rewatch the scene where Kim confronts them. Howard clearly reacts in a way that implies Chuck never told him, and Chuck is in full cuckold mongoloid vendetta mode and probably didn't even consider it.

Because if he has a copy it proves it was a setup and premeditated.

You saw Gus give them extra extra extra overtime. Enough for most people to stay quiet while others may need their car brakes cut.

It seems like he's built himself up to be a friendly, trustworthy employer and that the staff like him already. Based on the interactions between him and the staff at least. Like when he's training the manager in BB.
And if they saw some weird shit like that happen they might be willing to believe whatever someone tells them just out of relief.
Also the story he told wasn't even that far off from the truth, it was pretty much a shakedown.

He's charismatic and exceptionally generous. They all got a full day of overtime pay for a minor inconvenience, of course they're gonna suck his dick.

TPB is never down. check pirateproxy for mirror sites.
also KAT is apparently back up

Figure out either IRC or Usenet.

I love how Mike just doesn't care for most of what Gus has to say about Hector, yet Gus says it anyway.

"Because it would be too humane"

I love this show but that line was forced and super cheesy Kek

My bad

>real world rules

this is a tv show

Dude this is before social media or smartphone ubiquity. What are those dumb faggots going to do, complain on a BBS or something?

post webm

Chuck explained at the end that the standards for admitting evidence in the bar review thing are much lower than normal court, remember they talked about before how he'd never get that tape admitted in a regular case, but here he can.

So Chuck will use his arguably illegally recorded tape to say Jimmy is a criminal and Jimmy will use his illegally captured photos to say Chuck is insane and can't be trusted. They wouldn't get to use either in a regular court case cause how the evidence was acquired matters there but apparently the bar doesn't care.

np, happy to help
but do a little googling first next time
I kinda liked it. Gus is this super cool, calculating guy who's been harboring deep hatred for the cartel and especially Hector for like 20 years after they killed his best friend / lover?. I liked that he showed some emotion and revealed his rage to Mike.
>why would a show about lawyers practicing law involve real laws

>arguably illegally recorded
I don't think it's illegal to record someone without their consent unless you're doing it for profit. Or if you're in a setting where it's explicitly illegal, like schools in some states.

I googled it I'm just tired so when I got a dead cloudflare link for TPB I assumed it was a problem on their side, but it was probably just something going wrong on my side

>bingo
so whats the deal now, Kim recorded the conversation about the tape?

Eh, I wouldn't call it a minor inconvenience. They must have gotten the idea those guys are pretty dangerous. It wouldn't surprise me if we see something arising from an employee's suspicions in the future, probably the shift manager.

>man who broke down a door in concern for his brother

vs

>man who stripped all of the wiring out of his enormous house by hand and then spent three consecutive days without sleep stapling space blankets to every surface

Which one do you think is going to end up being disbarred?

It's on their side, it goes down for brief increments a lot, but it always comes back up, and there's always dozens of mirrors up

Mike doesn't care about anything, every character makes a fool out of himself interacting with him, showing Gus also falling down the same hole actually improve this connection between the show and BB, it's neither cheese nor forced.

I also loved the mexican cartel scene, felt like it was recorded during the BB era. The attention to the details is what makes this series kino for me. Even the smallest nod to what caused Walter's cancer and how he could've have sued the shit of everyone if only saul was able to air that ad in season 2.

I don't think it's legal to use a recording against someone in court if they did not know they were being recorded at the time. I could be wrong though. But whatever the case they talked a lot before about how the tape would never make it into a normal case and the way it was made had a lot to do with why.

Nothing. Hector had a stroke but it was probably stress related so maybe

Might be a way to showcase Gus's ruthlessness when he murders him.
So do you think police need consent to record people or use a wire or anything?
The reason they were saying the tape wouldn't be admitted is because it could have been doctored, not because it was illegal.

Come on anons you know he's gonna do something.

Is that confirmed? I don't remember hearing how he gets in that wheelchair in BB.. or that he got a stroke..

New Mexico has One Party Consent. It's legal to record private conversations as long as you are part of said conversation. The other person doesn't factor in to it.

He fucking better do something.

When the police bring Hector in to rat on Jesse after Tuco dies, Gomez says that he had had a stroke.

basically __________ happens

Nobody said how he got in the wheelchair, just that he had a stroke.
Looking at BCS, it's only logical that either Mike or Gus did something to him, like that plant's poison that you can use to murder someone with but nobody can trace it back to you, since the person pretty much dies of a flu.

any employees that raise a stink get the box cutter

Kek

Police need warrents to use a wire. People understand they are subject to surveillance in an interrogation room.

This clears it up though, it would be legal in their state.

>very old
>smokes fat stogies daily
>skin like red leather after a life in the sun
>extremely stressful employment
>multiple personal setbacks

Dude, he's a textbook stroke risk. Gus is gonna fuck him over one more time and he's going to burst a blood vessel, literally.

I agree with this guy. I can't see Vince making Hector's disease some part of a master plan by Gus. I think Gus is going to continue fucking over Hector just like he is now to the point where he just has a stroke and his life / power is over because he is confined to a prison (aka wheelchair).

It's still a massive fuck you to Hector from Gus because he has to live the rest of his life inept and unable to be the powerful man he once was, suffering through Gus's success.

kek

HELLO NSA!

I can see Gus transporting Hector's product via his own supply lines and then intentionally sabotaging himself just to get back at him.

It's funny how Vince is able to fuck with our sympathy.
I'm sure we all remember how much we wanted Gus to just fucking die already by the end of season 4 of BB, but now I'm actively rooting for him over Hector.
I guess it's just because of how the plot is going and who's portrayed as the protagonist, but still.

I didn't want him to die.

oh well maybe it was just me then

Maybe it was just that I sort of wanted Walt to die ever since he watched Jane die.
Everyone touted that as the "final masterstroke in his long dark transition", I thought it was just "otherwise reasonable cancer guy making meth to feed his family after he's gone and enjoying doing it since he's on his way out suddenly turns into supervillian for no coherent reason or actual personal gain or requirement, just to fuck with Jesse"

That's the best way to describe it, slow but comfy. As opposed to The Walking Dead slow and shitty

Jane had blackmailed him and threatened to reveal everything about Walt. He knew that once the money ran out, she'd be back to threaten him for more. His watching her die seemed like just another example of his brutal, amoral pragmatism to me because she was standing directly in the way of his goals.
So it's not a drastic shift at all.

But that doesn't make sense at all because she just wanted Jesse out.

warghal FLAGARH FLAGH BLARGAHL the personal computer FALRGHELD THE QUAKERS LAST OATH

the quakers LAST OATH

LAST OATH

poached it! poached!

ODENKIRK FAGGH!!! CHEM! THE TRAIL!

KIM

WEXLER

POACHED.

Why does everyone always use jane as an example of walt's deplorability?

>a drug junkie dies from drugs
>oh no walt is a M O N S T E R, worse than Joffrey from Game of Thrones! what a completely irredeemable, fucking despicable fiend!

They were both addicts unfortunately. More than likely they would run out of money and come back to black mail him if getting clean failed.

She was a drug addict who was willing to do anything for heroin. Once the money ran out, she would have come back.
Looking purely from the standpoint of Walt's business interest, she had to go. And by that point, he was clearly willing to do anything to preserve his business.
For fuck's sake, he missed Holly's birth in like that same episode.

nice meme, dumb faggot

>reasonable dude

He was super prideful all along how did you not see that?

But Jimmy already admitted to destroying the tape. Also there are two non-insane eye witnesses that saw him scream at Chuck.

Then again, that piece of paper Mike found is probably the private eye's contact info, he might just pay him off to poke a hole in Chuck's case.

One eyewitness has a financial interest in supporting Chuck and the other was literally paid to be there.

Howard likely knows half of the bar personally, which is worth more in this case than it is in a legal court.

The PI is a good point, but it's not enough grounds to dismiss his testimony, especially if it's corroborated. But if he were persuaded to give a different account, that would put Howard's testimony under suspicion for sure.

>Even the smallest nod to what caused Walter's cancer and how he could've have sued the shit of everyone if only saul was able to air that ad in season 2.

Someone explain this? This board is sooo much slower than Sup Forums, and I thought this was one of the busier ones.

>Even the smallest nod to what caused Walter's cancer and how he could've have sued the shit of everyone if only saul was able to air that ad in season 2.

Huh?

jane was an ugly, druggo cunt
good riddance

not yet. 90% of it is boring shit, only the mike scenes are good, but it's going to get much better when his brother and the horse face bitch fuck off