Are American Latino artists like Camila Cabello, Selena Gomez, Demi Lovato, Lil Pump...

Are American Latino artists like Camila Cabello, Selena Gomez, Demi Lovato, Lil Pump, or Cardi B popular in Latin America?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UONnRMuuDps
youtube.com/watch?v=aL2GrwBMvx4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

How the fuck would I know?

I’m not asking you. Kill yourself, Cletus.

yes

I think so, yes

yes latin americans flock like cockroaches to anything that has to do with their countries.

no

Selena Gómez and Demi Lovato are only ones whose names ring a bell to me.

I'm 29 years old though.

Btw, if they don't speak Spanish natively, none in Latin America will consider them Latin American.

Remember that Latin american is a culture, not a race. They may be mestizo and have a Spanish surname, but if they live in America and can't speak Spanish... They are amerimutts.

Yes, a lot

I only know selena gomez because of wizards of waverly place and demi lovoto, well I dont know why but I know her. No idea who the rest of these guys are

Literally whomst

>Btw, if they don't speak Spanish natively, none in Latin America will consider them Latin American.
That’s not true at all.

Agreed, I don't think people over here would give a fuck

Excuse the American flag, I’m Mexican (from Mexico) on proxy.

>Camila Cabello
Only know her because of this place
>Selena Gomez, Demi Lovato
Yes
>Lil Pump, or Cardi B
Literally who

Yes, when I was in high school one of Selena's biggest selling points was that she was Mexican, same with Demi and Camila.

i was in south america recently

heard a lot of classic rock and suprising stuff (rammstein, a7x in a strip club) and local music, but no Bieber or Selena Gomez type shit anywhere at all.

I imagine it's probably different in Mexico where the aforementioned types are from

There's a lot of rock here as well but it depends a lot on where you are, keep in mind Mexico is 130 million plus people

t. grandpas

Selena Gomez and Demi Lovato, but that's because of their appearance in Disney Channel
That's true here

This
>That's true here
If that's true then, maybe is because Chileans hardly have any connection to the Latin community in the US? During the weekend I binge watched tons of videos focusing on CHI's on YouTube and there were always people from Mexico and other Latin Americans in the comment section, but I do remember a comment from a Chilean saying she didn't feel identified with any of the videos at all.

Selena Gomez and Demi Lovato sound like names I must have read in news titles in some occasions, the others Ive never heard about. I think one is the ex girlfriend of Bieber (I also don't know any Bieber song) and the other may have been the one who was in the terrorist attack in the UK.

American pop culture is far less popular than in the 70s, 80s, and 90s imo
Rap isnt big here, 99% of people don't know who Kanye West is, stuff like MTV is in absolute decadence, and rock is still the most popular genre here while it seems in the USA it stopped being king when Backstreet Boys and Britney replaced 90s Grunge and Alternative Rock.

This is what my cousin watched like 10 days ago, I bought her the tickets as birthday gift (2000 pesos like 115 dollars)

Jack Johnson, Phoenix, Fatboy Slim, Los Fabulosos Cadillacs y PJ Harvey

I am 28 btw

I remember a Colombian here saying Eminem and 50 Cent were still popular down there.

lil pump is cute
>tfw no cuban bf

I think people know Eminem exists at least, and remember him form the 2000s. The same goes for Outkast, and their sung-not rap singles like Hey Ya and Roses.

The other I am pretty sure less than 1% know

I saw somewhere that he was Colombian, but I'm not sure how much true it's, I think he has never said where he is from

Selena Gomez is half-Mexican

Yes they are kinda popular but are not considered latinos, even if they have spanish names

You are thinking of the other girl who turned out to be North Africa Greek or some other shit instead of Italian

beaned lmao

he's cuban

My mother considers Jennifer Lopez black, as in, once they showed JLO dancing on tv and said something like blacks are better at it for genetic reasons, like the natural rythm idea.

Yes, very desu

Yeah, fuckin Arianna Grande (real name Butera).

I think it was her ancestors were from Sicily, so on a genetic level they're MENA/Greek shitbloods.

Both Grande and Butera are her last names. Also, desu I think her being overtanned af is her trying to market herself as Hispanic/Black, or at least try to fool people into thinking she is.

Let's break it down:

> Camila Cabello
Popular, slags love fifth harmony even tho she left

> Selena Gomez
A lot, since she was Bieber gf and beliebers were a dime a dozen a ouple of years ago
> Demi Lovato
Yes, quite popular
> Lil Pump, or Cardi B
I listen to a lot of music and like to keep myself up to date so I know who they are, but they're literally who among the normie population

Cnco sounds a lot here too. They came out of X factor if I'm not misstaken and produce reggaeton

>Camila Cabello
would fug

Cardi B maybe not so much, but Lil Pump is pretty popular here

My bad.

Selena, Demi and Camila are the only mainstream artists here. They have teen fans who only listen to American pop music.

Oh absolutely. I think people here see the name "Grande" and think Spanish anyhow too.

Here she is pre-fame looking a lot more what she actually is.

You may be right. On the other hand, maybe Mexico is the exception, and their popularity is because of the CHI connection.

derp

People know Camila Cabello, Selena Gomez and Demi Lovato. Lil Pump and Cardi B are literally who.
Brazilian funk and sertanejo are the two kings here.

CHI

>tfw you were one of those teens

I-I was talking about girls...

it is true stfu. those bitches barely sing in spanish.
many important american spanish artists: marc anthony for example.

Never heard of CNCO, but it seems they sing in Spanish so maybe that’s why.

Why are Maluma and J Balvin so popular in Brazil? I saw them both as guests on The noite com Gentili

of course they are, kids love the eternal jew's media
if you care for sources just look up any box office record of their concerts in Rio de Janeiro, Buenos Aires, Santiago, Bogota, wherever

I've only heard about Selena Gomez and Demi Lovato.

>it is true stfu. those bitches barely sing in spanish.
So what? English music is popular af here among everyone. Also, like I said here , it doesn't really matter, they're still considered Mexican or at least some kind of Mexican.

Also, you can literally see tons and tons of comments made by Latin Americans in their YouTube videos referencing them being Latinos.

This is the spanglish version of their main hit "Reggaton Lento"
youtube.com/watch?v=UONnRMuuDps

There are boys like that, too (aka me).

Maluma appeared in a few songs with Anitta, she is really famous here.
J Balvin's song was remixed into the Brazilian funk version called "Atura ou Surta".

Despacito is American :^)

Why is Maite Perroni (Mexican) so popular in Brazil? She is from a series called RBD. Was that TV show popular over there?

Check this video with Cali & el Dandee (Colombian). Like 60% of the comments are from Brazilians

youtube.com/watch?v=aL2GrwBMvx4

RBD was giant here, it's difficult to explain. It's probably residual from that.

There was a new song recently by Daddy Yankee, Nicky Jam and some no-name called Bella y Sensual. I heard it with the music video and the intro was just those three speaking in Spanish tossing in the occasional "Yeah lets go nigga" - "Fo sho my brotha" or some similar niggerspeak despite them being latinos. I find it so fucking cringy to see these latam artists LARPing as amerimutt niggers

daddy yankee and nicky jam where raised in the bronx along with a lot of black americans, there are also a lot of black puerto ricans

They aren't niggers though, it just feels so wrong to me. I started listening to /lat/ hip-hop to escape the "Lil Cash" "Young Money" "Kush Nigga" artists that keep popping up ruining every single decent song. See the version of Havana that doesn't have DY in it.

>likes hip-hop
>hates the people that actually made the genre
lol

Eh, I can appreciate a lot of 90's rap by blacks. There are a lot of creativity in there and some amazing lines, but this post 2010 era of "yea nigga my mang we smokin up dem kush trees fuck yall xDXD" thing doesn't really rub me the right way. Just seems lazy to me. Recently this Bad Bunny guy also came into the lat scene and its a fucking shame because he sucks ass

>Selena Gómez and Demi Lovato
theyre literally half whiteamerican and born in america. i agree they are not latinos, just american mutts

They're both American and Mexican :3

literally me on the left

> Gomez
> Lovato
>Not Latino surnames
You are out of your mind if you think they're not latinas.

>but this post 2010 era of "yea nigga my mang we smokin up dem kush trees fuck yall xDXD" thing doesn't really rub me the right way
it's just like punk: short, aggresive and stupid songs, that's the beauty of it, atleast the ones from soundcloud

They are mestizo of Hispanic ancestry. But they are Americans who can't speak Spanish. They are as Latino as the Americans who claim to be Irish are Irish.

get out illegal

Both of them can speak spanish at a basic level

so much this

woah, just like justin bieber

>they are mestizo of Hispanic ancestry
So Hispanic/Latinos?
>But they are Americans who can't speak Spanish.
Brazilians don't speak Spanish, either but they are Latino, too.

>Brazilians don't speak Spanish, either but they are Latino, too.
kek are you serious? did you know that portuguese is derived from latin?

None of these are popular outside of your gay teenage club, Rolito.

Feels good to actually have female friends and talk about music with them while having access to their pussy in the process. Guess you can't relate

> He has not seen Selena Gomez head & shoulders TV commercial

Aren't they all white? Probably younger, city kids
Pretty sure actual american latino artists are popular with a broader range of audience, like Selena

>that smug ass look
What is he thinking?

>Aren't they all white? Probably younger, city kids
What

>So Hispanic/Latinos?
No, he's right. Some people here might feel a "connection" with them cause of their ancestry, but still they aren't.
Stop using those wrong American definitions of ourselves please.

>Stop using those wrong American definitions of ourselves please.
No, I like them better than whatever retardation you're offering.