You need to get off your butt and work as a welder
>*hops in Mercedes*
Work hard. Take a job. Take any job, and give it your all. Don't complain
>*receives check for $8 million for a commercial narration*
Take the S.W.E.A.T. pledge today, and promise me you'll work 60-hour weeks
>*eats lobster dinner*
You need to be more grateful. You need to get your hands dirty
>*wipes mouth with fine cloth made of Egyptian silk*
still need help? Just watch my show, user. Hard work is actually really fun and stress-free.

Other urls found in this thread:

ijr.com/2014/08/170671-mike-rowe-live-mansion/
youtube.com/watch?v=mDBM8lwVmQo
m.youtube.com/watch?v=WN7D-iTOvTQ
kvoa.com/story/35247392/sierra-vista-woman-finds-note-from-chinese-prisoner-in-walmart-purse
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I don't understand what you're trying to say. He worked for everything he has. Good for him

Nah I'll just live off of autism bucks for the rest of my life with my parents until they die or society collapses.

My dad is a welder and retiring next year at 58 and moving to Hawaii

>grew up blue collar
>worked all types of blue collar jobs
>got a TV show where he does all types of jobs, typically hard, unappreciated, unnoticed and necessary jobs in society
>it all pays off in the end and he promotes hard work ethic

BUT IT'S NOT FUCKING FAIR. I READ DAS KAPITAL, I KNOW HOW TO FIX THE WORLD'S PROBLEMS AND IT DOESN'T START WITH ME GETTING A JOB!

>worked all types of blue collar jobs
Yeah. On the TV show. He hasn't had a job outside the entertainment industry since he was 22. He has a degree in communications and was an opera singer at one point.
Grew up blue collar, yeah. But that's it.

Go back to r/The_Donald

why do people think being an actor is easy

Exactly how much do you think Discovery channel pays???

Don't fall for the blue collar meme, I did and its fucking miserable. It doesn't get any better either, like I thought it would throughout my entire apprenticeship.

I wish I would have went to school for something, and I'm planning on doing so in the future.

>most actors are insanely self-absorbed and throw a fit over nothing but a guy who goes balls deep into literal shit to glorify the hard work of nobodies is a bad guy
k

ijr.com/2014/08/170671-mike-rowe-live-mansion/

Oh look, he lives in a normal apartment.

>Mike Rowe has earned a spot on our list of the RICHEST CELEBRITIES! Widely known for his work as television host and narrator of “Dirty Jobs,” Mike is one of the richest celebrity television personalities. Mike's net worth is an estimated $45 million, and he earns a $10 million annual accumulated salary.

Because it is piss easy.

Source: Have worked in the industry for over 15 years.

>Source: Have worked in the industry for over 15 years.

No interest in risking my career for some user.

Don't believe it's easy? Sign up for an acting workshop (or class if you're still in school).

Now imagine having everything you want at your fingertips while you work MAYBE four hours a day, while the crew you look down on works 12-15 on a good day.
Craft services rules though.

>dat #7

Is he asking people to become literal wage cucks?

Is that a pledge for ants?

ITT: Envy and Entitlement.

Yep, he's advocating wagecuckery.

This is pretty cringy. Blue collar jobs are shitty. I don't know why anybody's complaining about their disappearance. If illegal Mexicans who don't speak English can easily do most blue collar jobs for a fraction of the pay, then maybe they're not all that fucking valuable.

The thing that pisses me off the most about that picture is that fucking smug look on his face.

Back to the retirementment home boomershit.

I'm I the only one noticing that Mike rowe seems to be the new target of the left?

Trying to take the heat off of Nye

Go to bed Shia

he used to be a fucking opera singer

>I don't know why anybody's complaining about their disappearance.

Because they'd like to put food on the table, I imagine.

who hates Mike Rowe honestly

Anyone who's actually worked a blue collar job. It's shitty, but you do it so you have food.

I mean, I get why people who worked those jobs are complaining. But I don't see why anybody else would be. I don't get why Americans and especially American politicians feel this affinity for replaceable blue collar workers. For most people, the decline/offshoring of blue collar jobs just means lower prices.

>multi-millionaire actor living in a mansion telling poor wage-slaves to be happy that they have the opportunity to get shit on and work overtime with no pay

Also,
>I understand that the world is not fair
>I believe that all people are created equal
lol

>Literally the only thing anyone can say against Rowe is that he's rich
Yes, that's envy, you mong.

>#1
>implying you could be anybody other than who you are now
Brainlets, when will they learn?

Because they're still an influential voting block.

>Why should I care about my own countrymen when replacing them with foreigners gets ME cheaper goods
You are the sickness in this country.

keep in mind, he is /our guy/ though

youtube.com/watch?v=mDBM8lwVmQo

The problem is he pretends to care about the working-class while at the same time telling them that they should have a slave mentality in relation to their superior employers. I guarantee you he shits on labor unions despite those being one of the best ways for blue-collar workers to improve their lives.

>I believe the most annoying sounds are whining and complaining

m.youtube.com/watch?v=WN7D-iTOvTQ

Nah, I got nothing against rich people. I find some millionaire larping about being one of the "workers" extremely arrogant and disrespectful to those who have to deal with working 12 hours days for little pay comparative to those who produce nothing useful for millions of dollars.

It's better for the economy. What do you want me to do? I have no sympathy for the working class that refused to adapt to an obviously changing world.

>shits on labor unions despite those being one of the best ways for blue-collar workers to improve their lives.
Nobody's life gets improved if the factory closes or the high level of unionization stops companies from moving in.

And the only rational response to this point is, "Well EVERYBODY should be unionized!" which just makes it an even bigger racket.

>if your jealous
>your
>jealous

IF YOU'RE ENVIOUS. Fucking illiterate union scum

>People complaining about Mike Rowe like he's a fraud like Bruce Springsteen
He may be rich, but the difference is, he hasn't let that money go to his head. I think Mike actually prefers a simple life to a rich life, which is why he doesn't seem to be your typical celebrity.

Yes, the world is just "changing" by some impersonal force. It isn't politicians purposefully flooding the country with low-skilled foreign workers. Not at all.

Are you too autistic to realize that video is older than you probably are and that people change their minds about things? I'm willing to bet Mike would slap the shit out that version of himself if he could go back in time.

Mike Rowe is infinitely more of a fraud than Springsteen.

>I believe that I have won the greatest lottery of all time. I live in America

No, retard. Cheaper prices in exchange for causing part of your consumer population to enter unemployment is NOT "good for the economy", because one way or another, those unemployed workers are getting paid (government benefits or if you cancel those, crime), so now the economy is paying the old workers AND your new "cheap" workers who have even lower productivity than the "low skill" natives due to language barriers and such.

The reason you people are cancer is because you think you understand economics when you've really just been fed a bunch of PC bullshit.

Yes, it actually is, and those impersonal forces are globalization and improving technology.

What he just said is called "Globalization" in your PC happy-talk.

You do realize that if you are in a blue collar or service sector job, it's in your best interest to unionize. Stop sucking your bosses dick.

What support do you have for that? I mean, obviously at the limits you'd be right, but there's universal agreement among economists that trade agreements like NAFTA (that cause unemployment and decrease prices) are good for the economy.

The only cancer here is you because you've managed to convince yourself you know the truth and that everybody else is an idiot, when, in fact, you're the idiot.

This is a completely false statement. Mike Rowe doesn't act like he represents the blue collar worker then show up in a fucking limo.

>Everybody should be in a union!
No, fuck you. Why would anyone want to give up part of their paycheck just so they can risk their company packing up and leaving to avoid the union?

And protip: anti-retaliation laws don't mean shit. There are people who fight their boss, and there are people who advance in their jobs.

Is everything you don't agree with now "PC"? Globalization isn't low-wage workers coming into the country. It's the emergence of ever more efficient multinational corporations, a process that's been sped up by technological change.

Property master here what is your job title and local?

>take the heat off of Nye
Both of them are actors. Most of my left leaning friends say they're pointing out the hypocrisy of criticizing Nye and ignoring Rowe.

>he actually believes Mike Rowe practices what he preaches!

>America should export all its jobs, from the toilet cleaning to the Mechican to the number cruncher at wall street to the Indian, over sea. What could go wrong?

Globalization means lobbying for dissolving the borders to ease movement of people and goods.
That's part of the "efficiency" you reference, if you'd learn what you're talking about.

>just spread your cheeks for that promotion, bud

yeah same, stopped reading right there

We'll get cheaper plastic shit from China so everything will be okay, right? Fuck working people (unless they are foreigners, in which case we'll help them).

It's in everyone's best interest for there to be employees in and not in unions. It allows more genuine bargaining. You get disastrous situations with unions that have too much bargaining power.

>I understand that the world is not fair and I'm okay with it
So this is what the good goy pledge looks like

But he said something about them queers that I don't like, that means everything he has ever said or done is commie propaganda.

what state do you live in and what profession? plumbers and electricians make 80k around here (new england)

Protip: those NAFTA loving economists are speaking about a GLOBAL economy due to the fact that those companies which are being helped (at the expense of workers) are GLOBAL companies.

Unless you're advocating complete abandonment of the reason for government's existence, economic policy should help the COUNTRY, not "the world at the expense of the country"

> economist
literally the same level as sociology in terms of hard science

Their metrics for judging what is good and bad for the economy, besides being horrendously informed by their won personal politics, are bogus.

You're acting almost like shareblue does. Bringing up ancient videos, trying to make someone look like a hypocrite while failing to realize human beings are capable of change and do change.

Also, if you believed every suspicion posted on Sup Forums, you'd never be able to trust anyone ever again.

If you don't like the game, don't play. The necessities of economics aren't going to change for YOU, snowflake, and every leftist strategy to "fix" economic reality just backfires.

Economics is not a science field, you moron. It's mathematics.

>wageslaveindoctrinator.jpg

>implying even non-unionized minimum-wage American workers can compete with literal slave labor

kvoa.com/story/35247392/sierra-vista-woman-finds-note-from-chinese-prisoner-in-walmart-purse

Don't be retarded.

fyi this anti mike rowe shilling is happening on multiple boards right now. it must be the contingency plan since colbert is in hot water.

>snowflake
Don't you have some epic memes to post on facebook or something

I'll explain to you what's going to happen if you don't export those jobs. Currently American corporations export those jobs and bring profits back to the US. Eventually, they'll just reincorporate in other countries (like, say, Ireland) and then not only will you not have any jobs, but you'll be missing a sizeable chunk of your tax base.

>Also, if you believed every suspicion posted on Sup Forums, you'd never be able to trust anyone ever again.

But I don't trust anyone.

>finish trade school
>zero student debt
>60k starting
>fast growing industry
why is college still even a thing?

Yeah, this is why tariffs are important and free trade is retarded.

American workers should not have to compete with people who have no standard of living.

Oh. But wait.
That's Trump-ism, and therefore Satan, regardless of how sensible it is.

*yawns and stretches*

Ahhh. How relaxing...oh, hello there little wagie, I didn't see you there! Have you enjoyed your little one-day holiday free from labor? Well, I sure hope you did. Your free days are over now. Better get to bed soon! You know what they say: another day, another dollar.

And me? Oh, I'm just collecting my neetbux. My savings is over 55k now, I sleep in most of the day, and I don't have to worry about traffic, overtime, or wait for Friday to enjoy myself :^)

Work reaaaaally hard for me this week, okay? I've got checks to collect! Tick tock, wagecuck!

Go back to leftypol

>Get btfo
>Get mad and try to change the subject
The leftists cycle

In fact, they're not speaking about a global economy. Have you ever taken an economics class?

This. OP is a faggot.

Whether that's true or not doesn't change the fact that Mike Rowe is an asshole like those others. I don't like any of them.

>finish trade school
>zero student debt
>30k starting
>dying industry
>no work in the winter
>surrounded by morons
>despise everyday

Put kids in debt and have marxist professors brainwash them. Typical tricks.

Explain to me who's better at explaining economic problems than economists. It's not perfect, but at least they've studied the problems for decades.

>This specific survey didn't involve global economics
>Therefore free trade doesn't relate to globalization
Imagine being this dumb.

Become a certification monkey.
Just get certified in as much garbage as you can and you're pretty much never out of work.
I do trade work and I do CAD monkey shit on off seasons.

not an argument and not based in reality

Explain to me who's better at explaining a mortgage backed security than Fannie Mae?

They're not perfect, but at least they've been working with the things for decades.

Free trade obviously relates to globalization. You said that NAFTA doesn't improve local economies, while this survey suggests the opposite. Free trade improves both local and global economies--my basic point. I can't even imagine how you make it through the day solely on delusions that you've invented to conform to your worldview.

How do you know he doesn't care about the working class? Because he has a lot of money? Great logic

>Currently American corporations export those jobs and bring profits back to the US.

Nope.

Do people even know how hard it is to get their profit out of new market?
I working for a NGO what has dealing with some Chinese local university, and it was near fucking impossible for us to get pay as the Chinese government is actively preventing people moving money of the country (legit or not legit business)

Mots big company just spend that profit locally (not in the US).

>Factories close down
>Local businesses close down
>Lose trade job to illegal Mexicans
>Train for a more advanced job
>Lose new job to H-1B Indians
>At least I can work at WalMart
>Hey my phone ended up being a bit cheaper

You're right, free trade is great.

Nice deflection. In fact, I suspect that Fannie Mae was better at explaining mortgage-backed securities than almost anybody else in the world. Sure, they were wrong about the market, but like you say, it's not an exact science. If I had to trust Fannie Mae or someone else to make an investment, I'd still go with Fannie Mae.