Tfw when you tell your children about the great players of your youth they'll just think off them as somewhat above...

>tfw when you tell your children about the great players of your youth they'll just think off them as somewhat above amateur tier at best, because it's been so long since they played

Attached: (.jpg (400x400, 25K)

They'll be more receptive if you don't sperg out like a nostalgiafag every time the past is brought up regarding anything.

>Your children

Attached: Feel guy ride.jpg (229x220, 9K)

I think todays players are close to the limits of the human. body mechanical bodyparts when?

>your children
Don't you need a gf or something for that?

Attached: 1326594976.jpg (640x640, 58K)

the very best maybe, but I think average quality can still be A LOT higher

>they'll just think off them as somewhat above amateur tier at best, because it's been so long since they played
I don't understand this logic. What's the point of keeping records if people inevitably progress toward better and better play? I have no doubt Babe Ruth or Pete Rose would absolutely destroy MLB pitching today. Sand Koufax would eat today's batters a-fucking-live. Earl Campbell or Walter Payton would wreck shit in the NFL today. The 85 Bears' defense would kill motherfuckers if they played this fall. Dick Butkus would do the same.

Modern athletes are overly pampered, overly reliant on their athleticism, and overpaid. Maybe that's just the college football fan in me talking. Idk.

>when you're so reliant on your body built by roid cocktails that you can be completely outclassed by people with the instinct and know-how to get under your skin
athletes today are not mentally tough
I'll believe they're mentally tough when they go back to working in steel mills in the off season instead of playing catch and running on a treadmill.

>messi never won the world cup dad. and ronaldo never scored a hat trick on the moon. old players were shit.

Attached: 1464029739022.png (714x810, 87K)

>your children

Attached: 1480839168723.jpg (944x712, 99K)

>dad, when these players played, it was only against other humans, with no intergalactic league pressure. you can't seriously think they were good!

At least women's sports athletes will still be shit

>tfw a shitter like Lukaku will be considered the GOAT because he will be elected Mountain Dew Sportsman Of The Year by social media 2023

>your children

Attached: 1521408720768.jpg (282x415, 20K)

>telling your kids about watching other men's accomplishments

>this is what your grandfather thinks when you slag off Pele on the internet

my grandparents are retarded nostalgiafucks who also think Yugoslavia still exists, not sure why I would listen to their opinions about anything really

when my grandkids ask me about Ronaldo I will explain to them xG and proper nutrition regimens, and not just mumble incoherently about muh 1970 like a fucking dumbass stroke victim

They're roided up the ass so they're above human limits already.

>implying you had sex

I Dunno user. Medical technology has improved dramatically. Same with health and fitness. The better we understand that shit, the more athletic these players become. Players now are bigger and stronger than ever before because of the teams of scientists surrounding them.

Though in some sports, rule changes skew things.

You think Tom Fucking Brady looks anywhere near as good as he has if he can't dump passes off over the middle because he's playing in the 70s/80s where there were no defenseless receiver rules, and passes over the middle were guaranteed decaptitations?

The NFL is my only reference point for changing sports, but there have been a ton of rule changes the favor the passing game, hence why you see all records set in the last 5-10 years.

In that sense, yeah the GOATs of the past would ruin the GOATs of today. But there is still something to be said about athletic positions. Like big niggas playing basketball or some other sport where all you need is to be fit and strong.

LeBron is undoubtedly more physically dominant than the NBA players of 30+ years ago.

In 50 years the players who've won the Chinese Super League today will be considered legends and pioneers of the sport, while having won Eurabian competitions will be relegated to the same tier as south american.

>You think Tom Fucking Brady looks anywhere near as good as he has if he can't dump passes off over the middle because he's playing in the 70s/80s where there were no defenseless receiver rules, and passes over the middle were guaranteed decaptitations?
And this is why Joe Namath had the greatest single season for any QB of all time.