The Church Christ Founded

youtube.com/watch?v=ShFxfXoN_YE

There is only ONE, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church.

That is the Orthodox Church, founded by Christ, which the gates of hell shall not prevail against.

When you are confronted by temptation, remember what the monk says here: youtube.com/watch?v=XP0J2eDPIjU

This is an Orthodox pastebin that addresses the questions of Catholics and atheists and Muslims and Jews and Protestants and liberals, along with a reading list that provides links: pastebin.com/bN1ujq2x

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LNKAb75Cj_k
lifesitenews.com/news/orthodox-church-in-america-aims-to-protect-itself-from-lawsuits-with-strong
nypost.com/2016/04/22/pope-francis-reneges-on-offer-to-take-in-christian-refugees/
catholicherald.co.uk/news/2016/05/17/pope-francis-hails-election-of-sadiq-khan-as-mayor-of-london/
youtube.com/watch?v=0pqax_dPgTk
youtube.com/watch?v=0JnCO0OlhlE
youtube.com/watch?v=AE1FzSC8DBs
youtube.com/watch?v=4MGVBuQHcMk
youtube.com/watch?v=Rju5GyVtfnQ
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Latin_Empire
m.youtube.com/watch?v=beHKfT4ahD8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

26th of June, 2016

On immigration
>Such an important aspect of modern life like mass migration is not left unattended. Unlike the Catholic approach that unduly favors migrants, particularly in Europe, the Orthodox notices the negative nature of the process, as well as the fact that it leads to confrontation of different identities and value systems. In addition, the Orthodox Church propose to look at the roots of this phenomenon. The reason for the migration is the liberal, hedonistic ideology bleeding the peoples of Europe and the interests of the capitalist elite, who need a cheap and disenfranchised workforce:

>Attempts by indigenous people of the rich countries to stop the migration flow are futile, because they come in conflict with greed of their own elites who are interested in the low-wage workforce.

On usury
> The only alternative to the global fictitious liberal economy can only be a real Christian economy.

>Business expectations in lending, often ghostly becomes more profitable than the production of tangible goods. In this regard, it must be remembered about the moral ambiguity of the situation, when money is "make" new money without the application of human labor. Declaring credit sphere to be the main engine of the economy, its predominance over the real economic sector comes into conflict with the moral principles, reveled by God condemning usury.

Let's throw off the globalist shackles, lads!

youtube.com/watch?v=LNKAb75Cj_k

The day after the Pope said the Church must apologize to gays, the Orthodox Church in America made this declaration. Coincidence?

>The statement outlines the Orthodox Christian’s "sincerely held religious belief" that marriage is "a lifelong, exclusive relationship between one man and one woman," and therefore any sexual relations outside of natural marriage "is immoral, and therefore sin."

>The encyclical continues, "We believe that God created the human race, male and female, and that all conduct with the intent to adopt a gender other than one’s birth gender is immoral and therefore sin

>Even more explicitly, the document states, "Marriage can only be between two people whose birth sex is male and female.

lifesitenews.com/news/orthodox-church-in-america-aims-to-protect-itself-from-lawsuits-with-strong

Christ didn't give us a church with papists. He gave us a bible.

Read it!

>A Christian brother and sister from Syria felt blessed to have been among the dozen refugees selected to start a new life in Italy — but now say their savior, Pope Francis, abandoned them on a Greek island, according to a report.

>Their dreams were shattered when they were informed the following day that they would not be traveling to Rome. Instead, three Muslim families were taken.
nypost.com/2016/04/22/pope-francis-reneges-on-offer-to-take-in-christian-refugees/

>Pope Francis has hailed the election of London’s first Muslim mayor in a wide-ranging interview with a French newspaper.

>"When I hear talk of the Christian roots of Europe, I sometimes dread the tone, which can seem triumphalist or even vengeful. It then takes on colonialist overtones," Pope Francis said.
catholicherald.co.uk/news/2016/05/17/pope-francis-hails-election-of-sadiq-khan-as-mayor-of-london/

Catholics, leave your Church, come to the Orthodox Church

youtube.com/watch?v=0pqax_dPgTk

The Orthodox Church isn't Papist, and it is the only Church upheld by Scripture. Scripture says that those sins you do not have absolved by the Apostolic office, will not be forgiven in heaven.

youtube.com/watch?v=0JnCO0OlhlE

meant for

youtube.com/watch?v=AE1FzSC8DBs

I can't imagine Jesus supporting any strain of Christianity post 300 AD.

Why would he care about the date?

youtube.com/watch?v=4MGVBuQHcMk

Amen, brother.

youtube.com/watch?v=Rju5GyVtfnQ

Orthodox and Protestant should merge churches. We believe all the same stuff except for which calendar should be used. I'm a Lutheran (MS) and my family has been since the Reformation, but I won't convert to orthodoxy because I feel that it's redundant to change into the same clothes if you catch my meaning. I feel that all true members of the faith would unite under a Lutheran-Orthdox church, one that upholds the Gregorian calendar but despises the Papacy. We could build great domed churches and the faith would be accepted anywhere protestants are.

To further emphasize my point, I normally use the term "Lutheran Orthodox" to describe my faith, because there really is no difference.

i'm already envisioning those nuns' robe runes starting to glow as their casting some spells n shit

You only have two sacrements

I'm sure they can do great things through faith you wouldn't believe.

Alexander Anderson

Who's that?

>tfw catholic and slightly interested by orthodox apologetics
i dont want to change churches and be wrong and have god be pissed at me though

Catholics recognize Orthodox as completely valid, but we don't return the sentiment, so converting makes sense.

I might convert if I get a free QT wifey. They just opened up a coptic church in my town and should go to their festival looking for qts

If it's a mission then there won't be a lot of people, but if it's a full blown parish there will almost surely be women your age.

Hope that Canadian I talked to here goes to church. Hope you doing well if lurking.
Also what is the churches idea of revelations. Many people wish not to talk about that because there are so many ideas and interpretation

There's a link to an Orthodox exegesis of Revelations in the OP's pastebin

Fuck off Orthodox shill.

Ty.
Wish these threads lasted

>There is only ONE, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church.That is the Orthodox Church, founded by Christ, which the gates of hell shall not prevail against.

You do understand that the Roman Catholic Church claims the same, right?

Basically, different traditions from the same laws have lead us where we are today.

it all depends on which side got the wishbone in the schism of 1050

The Latins are not the Church
see

>Leo IX precipitated the schism
What about the massacre of the Latins? You know, the event that occurred before the sack of Constantinople?

How are Latins not the a part of the church when your "first among equals" acknowledges the pope?

The Massacre of the Latins occurred quite a while after the schism.

He he likes the Pope, he doesn't recognize him as his leader. Our first among equals is just a bishop with ceremonial honor, nothing he says has any binding power whatever except in regard to his own diocese and provided it's not doctrinal.

>The Massacre of the Latins occurred quite a while after the schism.
True, but most local parishes didn't realize the difference until centuries later (after the sack-which is a well-known contributor towards the schism).

I truly wish that the two churches can become one again (or at least partially accept each other's sacraments because they're nearly identical).

I'm pretty sure they understood the difference during the Latin Occupation

You mean the massacre of the Latins. There was no "occupation" without complete annihilation of the Latins from the territory and the Latins didn't actually put up a fight.

No, I mean this
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Latin_Empire

Something your "Church" actively and administratively supported

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Latin_Empire
>4th Crusade
Clearly not a just retribution because the Eastern Orthodox killed basically every single man woman and child that were practicing the western faith at the wrong time (something your church basically supported officially by not doing a damned thing).

But that wasn't actually something facilitated or encouraged by the Church, just mobs. That's like faulting the Latins for Jew killing mobs in the Middle Ages.

Our Church can't do anything, and never could, we've never been a political state like yours was. There are no Church knights.

>"Church"
What is that supposed to mean?

It means you ain't technically a Church, that's just the commonly accepted term for the Latin heresy

>There is only ONE, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church.

YE SHALL KNOW THEM BY THEIR onetrueholyTM....NOT!

ITS BY THIER WORKS/FRUIT!!

pic rel

>just mobs
That weren't stopped by your patriarch (who was subsequently killed after the Romans took over).

Shouldn't the basis of keeping the faith fall upon the local bishop?

Yeah, actually show me one broken down by those having abortions and whether or not they adhere to the religion. Just because they live in the country doesn't mean they are adherents of the historical religion of that country

Our patriarch couldn't stop mobs, what makes you think he could? Your bishops couldn't stop mobs from killing Jews

>you ain't technically a Church
Whelp... That sure did answer my question.
Why ain't [sic] we a church?

Are other "churches" in the south considered to be churches?

By the way, the Vatican took plenty of plunder from the sack of Constantinople. Horses of Saint Mark included

>Just because they live in the country doesn't mean they are adherents of the historical religion of that country

Russia and easter europe is not orthodox?

No, only the Orthodox Church is. Christ founded ONE Church.

Most people in Russia aren't religious, no. Only one in ten goes to Liturgy regularly. Most identify with the faith, that's true, but that is a relatively recently development. Last reported data for abortion was 37.4 per 1000 women (aged 15-44) in 2010, which is extremely high, but it's very unlikely those women are actually practicing Orthodoxy or even know much about it

>Yeah, actually show me one broken down by those having abortions and whether or not they adhere to the religion.
Poland is almost universally accepted as the most religious country in Europe.

>Our patriarch couldn't stop mobs, what makes you think he could?
Believe it or not, the local bishop (especially, say the Bishop of Constantinople, would have significant say over a faith-based riot.

>By the way, the Vatican took plenty of plunder from the sack of Constantinople. Horses of Saint Mark included

True, but you're avoiding the point that lead up to this (plus this was to keep the sacred objects safe)--which they couldn't do because of massacring fellow Christians as well as the muslim invasion.

ONE CHURCH....
What does Orthodoxy think of the two lung idea?
How is Orthodoxy the supreme religion? You might as well say that other schismatic religions are purer because they are closer to christ. Where do we draw the line of what is schismatic and what is not?

>Only one in ten goes to Liturgy regularly.
One in ten is a huge number and more than practically any western country.

Note to protestants: nobody 'attends church' in Russia, as 'attending' is pointless and anti-Christian.

'Going to church' in Russia means a full eucharistic life: regular fasting and prayer, confession and eucharism.

>Where do we draw the line of what is schismatic and what is not?
There are 15 Orthodox bishops and only one Roman Catholic bishop.

I think it's very obvious who the schismatic here is.

>Poland is almost universally accepted as the most religious country in Europe.
I'm not talking about Poland

>Believe it or not, the local bishop (especially, say the Bishop of Constantinople, would have significant say over a faith-based riot.
No he wouldn't, bishops tried to stop riots against Jews before and hid them in a Church and the mob literally broke against the bishops orders and the bishop finally told the Jews he couldn't protect them anymore unless they accept baptism, and had to hand them over. Faith-based riots were often just ethnic riots where ethnicity was drawn along religious lines

>
True, but you're avoiding the point that lead up to this (plus this was to keep the sacred objects safe)--which they couldn't do because of massacring fellow Christians as well as the muslim invasion.
The Crusader occupation had zero to do with the Massacre of the Latins. The Massacre of the Latins was motivated purely by people resenting Venetians and other Italians for coming into the country and setting themselves up as higher class, the Crusader occupation was just conquest, apart from the sacking which was Crusaders looking for money because they didn't get paid. The massacre of the Latins had nothing to do with religion, it was just an ethnic riot of ethnicities with distinct religions; the Sack of Constantinople was basically just piracy, had nothing to do with reprisals; the occupation was somewhat religious, in that Latin rite was forced in numerous parishes, right down to the language, and it had the Pope's approval.

>more than practically any western country.
it depends on if you consider Poland a western country.
>as 'attending' is pointless and anti-Christian.
Might want to re-check that with your priest...

>What does Orthodoxy think of the two lung idea?
Vatican II silliness

>or at least partially accept each other's sacraments because they're nearly identical
The Russian Orthodox Church accepts Roman Catholic sacraments of baptism and ordination as valid. (Can't say about the Greeks.)

In general: Roman Catholics are schismatics, not heretics.

>only one Roman Catholic bishop
There are many Bishops within the Roman Catholic faith. The Pope is Elected from his peers from a sort of elite Bishop within the hierarchy.

There are thousands of Orthodox bishops, patriarchs, what you're referring to, are not a higher office than bishop, they just have some special administrative functions and a higher degree of honor; they can't by themselves perform any council function, even if all of them did it together; you need a ton of bishops for that.

>(((Catholicism)))

No, the Pope is really your only bishop, at least from an Orthodox perspective, since the way you are set up, all the bishops are just vicars of the Pope (which is what we consider priests to be to bishops, no priest has any authority to perform sacraments outside the diocese of his bishop, unless he has both the permission of his own bishop and the bishop's whose diocese he is performing them in).

Orthodox is not Roman Catholic

Those Sacraments can be made valid when you come into the Orthodox Church. that is, for instance, if you are baptized outside the Church, it is not valid while you are outside of it, but your baptism is made valid when you are received into the Orthodox Church

Catholics are heretics since their doctrine of the Papacy and the filioque are both heretical. But it's true they didn't go beyond repair until Vatican II

yeah sure whatever

>christ did not tell you to pray to his mother
>christ did not say pray to pictures of himself
>christ did not say to stare at your navel and repeat the same mantra over and over again
>christ did not speak apolitically
>christ taught nothing about aerial toll houses
>christ never said the bread became meat and the wine blood
>christ never said go live in a cave, stand on a pillar, or otherwise drop out of society to pray all day in an attempt to attain thesis, divinization, or hyper-ousia.

tl;dr the orthodox church is apostate

>we believe the same stuff

bro you obviously do not know a single thing about what eastern orthodoxy really teaches. and neither do they since they speak apophatically.

The question was
>Yeah, actually show me one broken down by those having abortions and whether or not they adhere to the religion
I gave an example of a country...

>no he wouldn't
Arguable. We aren't talking about Jews, we're talking about Christians (accepting baptism-kek, as if they aren't the exact same and accepted in most interfaith conversions).

>The Crusader occupation had zero to do with the Massacre of the Latins.
As if the massacre of fucking children would settle any petty disagreement between Venetians and the locals.

>had nothing to do with religion
Why did they seek out and kill all practicing Roman Catholics?

>christ did not speak apophatically

Christ said if you do not have your sins absolved by the Apostolic office, heaven will not forgive them.

pick up a book called "the mystical theology of the eastern church" by vladimir lossky. go to ancient faith radio and listen to some of the broadcasts. especially thomas hopkos podcast. you will change your tune real quick. eastern orthodoxy and protestantism are not compatible.

no he did not. he said

>he who believes and is baptized shall be saved, he who does not believe shall be condemned.

any "absolution" is on that basis. he did not give men any power to forgive sin on their own. if a minister absolves you from your sins that is predicated on your trust in christ.

>Catholics are heretics
False. Most orthodox religions consider Catholics heterodox or schismatics.

>filoque
Complete mistranslation there. In Greek (which you aren't even supposed to strictly adhere to anyway), the direct translation is heretical. But the Latin translation is not. Plus even a few local Catholic Churches will omit it (based on the judgment of the local bishop-not the pope)

>I gave an example of a country...
Poland is a lot more religious than Russia. If Russia had abortions like that and people were adherents as Poland, then maybe it be a point about Orthodoxy, but that's not the case

>We aren't talking about Jews, we're talking about Christians (accepting baptism-kek, as if they aren't the exact same and accepted in most interfaith conversions).
We're talking about essentially ethnic mob riots

>As if the massacre of fucking children would settle any petty disagreement between Venetians and the locals.
Latins were killing each other over petty disagreements at the time, they were in constant gangwars between different city states except fighting in Constantinople, that's partially what aggravated it.

>Why did they seek out and kill all practicing Roman Catholics?
Because that's how they identified Italians

You're going to seriously try to use this as an argument against me when your own Pope launched wars of conquest and did things like enforce Jewish ghettos and demand rulers forbid Jews from being employed? When you had institutionalized torture and execution of heretics by conducted your Church, something there is no parallel to for us? When you had POPES like Borgia, when we never even had a bishop like that? How about you start answering for the Teutonic Knights?

Is it true Kanye West invented the bible?

STOP KILLING BABIES YOU FUCKS

>implying poles don't go to neighboring countries to get abortions

Yep, you to be in the Church. But if your bishop (a Biblical office) doesn't absolve you, you will not be forgiven in heaven, this is explicitly stated. Baptism absolves all your prior sins, but for everything after that, Confession is required.

No, most Orthodox consider Papal supremacy to heretical. We don't call you heretics regularly because it is impolite. Hetrodox means the exact same thing to us as "heretical", we sometimes use instead to refer to you because we know it's not as harsh of a term to you, but we don't distinguish heterodox and heretic.

Too bad the Latin is a translation of the Greek and not some independently composed creed.

>the mystical theology of the eastern church

this sounds a lot what Alexandr Dugin tals about - basically pure paganism with christian motives, that places Russia as some holy Jerusalem when in fact its more degenerate than US

protestanstism is the most purest form of Christnity - simply, based on personal faith, none of this onetruechurchTM bs

>frutis of orthodoxy

Russia and the rest of orthodox countries are ubershitholes

>Caring about what humans think
Yeah no
Catholicism 4 lyf
Why can't we all be friends anyway

Pope Francis is a cuck though

The New Testament uses the term "mystery" in abundance

Dugin is actually not in the Church, he's an Old Believer

Because you have clergy shilling for homosexuality

The orthodox church is in schism with the one and only true Church of Christ - the catholic church.

Care to rebut this?

>Failings of humans
>Relevant

>Catholics recognize Orthodox as completely valid, but we don't return the sentiment, so converting makes sense.

to what? Religion of Russianess that puts faith second and church membership first?

Russian Orthodox holds almost absolute power in Russia and the place stays in a worst state than Africa - full of drugs, abortion, suicide, alcoholism, corruption...its Sodomah and gomorah without the LGBT.

>one and only true

BULLSHIT!!!!

there is no such thing like that - believe and youll be saved, that is the Gospel.

>then maybe it be a point about Orthodoxy, but that's not the case
it was more a case about Catholicism than anything.

>ethnic mob riots
Possibly, but it was almost certainly related towards religion....

>Latins were killing each other over petty disagreements at the time,
Your example does not disprove or even argue my point that Orthodox Christians killed woman and children.

>because that's how they identified Italians
This might be a valid point.

>How about you start answering for the Teutonic Knights?
You mean the order that was disbanded centuries ago?

>You're going to seriously try to use this as an argument against me when your own Pope launched wars of conquest and did things like enforce Jewish ghettos and demand rulers forbid Jews from being employed? When you had institutionalized torture and execution of heretics by conducted your Church, something there is no parallel to for us? When you had POPES like Borgia, when we never even had a bishop like that?

You seem pretty smart, so you obviously should know about the counter-reformation...

>it's irralevant that your Church teaches heresy

The clergy is not the church
Being a priest is a comfy job.

>Your example does not disprove or even argue my point that Orthodox Christians killed woman and children.
So have Catholics, At least we didn't have an abbot supporting it and saying, "Let God sort them out."

>You mean the order that was disbanded centuries ago?
But the Massacre of the Latins happened yesterday?

The clergy are the teachers of the Church, yes

No, the people are the teachers of the Church.

Where my High Church eternal Anglican Bros at?

I doubt we'll ever know what Christ's vision of the church actually was if you want to believe he existed.
The best thing we have is a bunch of scrolls found in a moldy cave in poor conditions and written in a dead language.
Wich is probably why Christianity is the most adpt religion for a modern society, we can literally make shit up or re-read our holy book in multiple ways to fit the current culture, we just need to blame it on wrong translations or sea water.

>No, most Orthodox consider Papal supremacy to heretical.
and yet some of the most influential leaders of your religion accept parts of it.

>Too bad the Latin is a translation of the Greek and not some independently composed creed.

Tell me how Greek is the official word of the church and is taught everywhere. Tell me how the same creed isn't written in every local orthodox language...

Similar mistranslations/misunderstandings are inevitable.

>othodox church
topkek
m.youtube.com/watch?v=beHKfT4ahD8

>>And I tell you, you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

But what the Orthodox heretics don't want you is to read what Jesus Christ, the Lord himself, says next:

>>I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven, and whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

>>PETER AS A PERSON

Just shows how the orthodox bend and twist theology and allianate themselves from the one and only Church and God

>>When they had finished breakfast, Jesus said to Simon Peter, “Simon, son of John, do you love me more than these?” He said to him, “Yes, Lord; you know that I love you.” He said to him, “Feed my lambs.” 16 He said to him a second time, “Simon, son of John, do you love me?” He said to him, “Yes, Lord; you know that I love you.” He said to him, “Tend my sheep.” 17 He said to him the third time, “Simon, son of John, do you love me?” Peter was grieved because he said to him the third time, “Do you love me?” and he said to him, “Lord, you know everything; you know that I love you.” Jesus said to him, “Feed my sheep.

No, the clergy are the line of teachers from the Apostles. James 3:1, for instance, it talking about the clergy.

>Because you have clergy shilling for homosexuality
Who the fuck cares as long as they're celibate?

Remember, Catholic priests can't be married before taking the sacred vows (plus the "gay marriage" wouldn't be recognized in the first place)

>But the Massacre of the Latins happened yesterday?
And this
>"Let God sort them out."
happened yesterday?

Performing gay marriages

Orthodox can't do that, since we have to understand Scripture as the Holy Fathers did

> Eгo дeйcтвия бyдyт paccмaтpивaть нa цepкoвнoм cyдe.

Christ gives the same to all his Apostles in Matthew 18:18

Blessings for gay unions are just around the corner.

So you agree your Church was not Christ's Church then?

>Blessings for gay unions are just around the corner.
FALSE.
>So you agree your Church was not Christ's Church then?
Also false. How would you come to such a conclusion?

>FALSE.
the Pope's right-hand man, and a very close friend of Benedict

>In April 2012, the election of a young gay man who was living in a registered same-sex partnership to a pastoral council in Vienna was vetoed by the parish priest. After meeting with the couple, Schönborn reinstated him. He later advised in a homily that priests must apply a pastoral approach that is "neither rigorist nor lax" in counselling Catholics who "don't live according to [God's] master plan".[38]

>Schönborn is a member of the Elijah Interfaith Institute Board of World Religious Leaders.[31]

>Elijah Interfaith Institute is a nonprofit, international, interfaith organization which was founded by Rabbi Alon Goshen-Gottstein in 1997.

>The massacre of the Latins had nothing to do with religion

>The ensuing massacre was indiscriminate: neither women nor children were spared, and Latin patients lying in hospital beds were murdered.[4] Houses, churches, and charities were looted.[4] Latin clergymen received special attention, and Cardinal John, the papal legate, was beheaded and his head was dragged through the streets at the tail of a dog

What a strange coincidence.