American Gods trailer just came out. Can you guess what race Thor is?

American Gods trailer just came out. Can you guess what race Thor is?

youtube.com/watch?v=oyoXURn9oK0

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ricky_Whittle
americangods.wikia.com/wiki/Technical_Boy
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Doesn't Sweden worship black men? It would only make sense that one of them is their god.

Some of you anons are alright. Don't visit marvel hq tomorrow

Wtf I am a hillary supporter now.

fuckers, always changing thor's race.

What the fuck?

American Gods, as in the Neil Gaiman book?

Thor doesn't appear. Odin literally says he's dead, that he committed suicide by shotgun.

quintessentially scandinavian

That's not fucking Thor

SG1 reppin'

Not a Marvel property genius

It's a book
You know, magic talking paper?

>He doesn't know Shadow is Thor reincarnate

Looks shitty, most starz shows are though.

Wrong you fucker. Shadow is Baldr, not Thor. I played Age of Mythology.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ricky_Whittle

>"On 28 January 2016 Whittle was announced as the lead character, Shadow Moon, in the TV series American Gods."

OP is a faggot.

WE WUZ NORSE GODS

What the fuck is this shit?
Why is suddenly our culture okay to appropriate?
I dont give a shit but i thought leftist cared about this shit.

Only when it happens to whites is it okay.

Now you see the hypocrisy and bullshit of leftism.

They had me at Ian McShane.

Will definitely watch.

Baldr wasn't Odin's son. Shadow is Odin's son. He was tall, blonde, and could control storms. He's Thor reincarnate.

I dont know anything about the source material for this.
are the people actual gods or the "spirit" of the gods in new people?

Bryan Fuller is based, who gives a fuck. He made Hannibal, Pushing Daisies, Dead Like Me and is showrunner for the upcoming new Star Trek series. He's got a pretty good track record, quality wise.

Who cares at this point ? In 50 years young americans will probably think vikings were black because Sweden will be too.

Thor fucking shot himself in the head, read the book fag.

They are physical manifestations of people's beliefs.

Except he isn't Thor.

>Shadow Moon – An ex-convict who becomes the reluctant bodyguard and errand boy of Mr. Wednesday, an incarnation of the Old Norse god Odin.

American Gods is weird as fuck anyway. Who cares who they pick to play different characters.

Balder is the son of odin and frigg.
at least in the mythology.

What race is he in the book? I honestly can't remember. Is he part native american?

kek

>"if people still believe in them, something very much like them comes along."
- Mr. Wednesday

I did read the book fucker. Did you?

Noice

Shadow is not Thor, what the fuck you talking about? Holy shit, zero fucking reading comprehension skill for fuck sake just mcfucking kill your corn greased up retarded ass you fucking retarded burger clapping fuck. Shadow is just shadow. Just a bastard child. completely new modern god. Congratufuckinglation on reading a fucking book, it's just sad you could fucking string more then two sentences together.

I bet you think brave new world is actually rooting for NWO... Fuck face.

Neil Gaiman is a literal cuck. What did you expect?

Thanks, then atleast there is some semi beliveable excuse for it, seeing as it takes place in modern america, and not just because "we need more black heroes in movies right now"

>the one true thor

It's pretty ambiguous other than Gaiman saying his mother is black.

>Various characters question Shadow's race, the ambiguity of which contributes to a later revelation. Gaiman has confirmed that Shadow's mother is black.

OP is just baiting you retards

What the fuck, you're mad because shadow is brown? You should be more mad at Money being a slime white boi instead of a fat cat.

ITT: Dumbfucks

He's the American version of Balder

His human mom was half black

In universe Gods diverge into different forms depending on their nation

Afghan Jesus is a homeless loser

I read like half that book before finally deciding it was garbage.

Garbage.

Seriously Money should be a fat user weebs. but the slime hip ''gamer'' is fine too.

Do you think we'll have the scene where his wife comes back to life but shitting herself for 2 hours?

>Afghan Jesus

Jesus is in the book as an Afghan? kek

Any Maya or Aztec or Inca gods?

we wuz godz n shiet

It makes sense that the neo god of prisoner is black

god, fuck you plebs, you have zero sense of AESTHETICS

Like, I'm starting to dig Money being a slime little fuck, suit more our shitty nu male gaymer world.

Different countries have different versions of gods. There's an Odin in America, Iceland, Norway, etc, and they're all Odin, but they're all different people.

In the book, Wednesday describes seeing Jesus in Afghanistan having to hitchhike to get around, but in America he's basically, well, a god.

He's black in the book, it describes his skin tone is like mocha or something like that.

2bh I used to collect comics but seeing this kind of shit made me stop , I hate seeing classic Marvel characters who were originally white suddenly get turned into dirty niggers

>the god specifically described as white isn't white in Thor or in American Gods

Such witty original subversion

ok first off, he was never white, second, he's not from fucking marvel, jesus fucking fuck

Fuck yeah, SG1. Need to go rewatch all those again.

You are both complete dipshits. Shadow is totally ambiguous. That's the entire fucking point. Jail guard asks if he has nigger or spic blood in him, Whiskey Jack calls him a whitey, Sam asks if he's native american. His entire character is physically ambiguous except 'big guy' because what he looks like is the least relevant part of the story. If you're going to chimp out at muh 'versity, this is the wrong show. The cast list so far is entirely aligned with the races of the characters.

There's some Haitian/Caribbean gods, but nothing further south in the book.

Haha same with France

At the climax of the book a few are mentioned. If I recall they come off like south americans drinking blood out of a brown bagged bottle of liquor.

>inb4 you fucks who have never read it start complaining about the culturally diverse cast

need I fucking remind you that motherfucking mythology is from all around the fucking world?

>inb massive chimp out at the gay taxi driver djin

Go read Monarch of the Glen you dumb fucks. Shadow's name is literally Baldur Moon, Shadow is just his nickname. Thor has been dead since the 30's.

if it makes you feel better, Shadow gets cuked.

Twice.

This show will bring out the worst in Sup Forums. I can see the threads in 6 months cropping up already. Despite the fact that they actually did a good job casting with regards to race and appearance (except for Mr. Nancy) the fact that there are any blacks or hispanics on tv will overcome any rational thought. You don't have to deepthroat black cock to watch television with a black person in it. The book isn't remotely about race and the TV show won't be, either.

Oh fuck, Money is now a little white kid and he's gonna kill that black lady who eat people with her vagina and Sup Forums is gonna have a massive hard on for him and he's gonna be the new mascot for basement dweebs

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

americangods.wikia.com/wiki/Technical_Boy

>"fat kid in a limo"
>Gender
>Male
>Type
>Internet

What? Nononon, not just the internet, he's supposed to be everything wrong with modern vice, excess, luxury, gluttony, oh fuck this one is aimed at us, personally...

Brace your butts nerds, it's the revenge of Gaymen.

100% right my man. "Technical boy is sent from kek to create a meme uprising". Can't wait until Loki kills his stupid ass.

this is shit

fuck

abandon ship

It's allegedly by the same guy who did Hannibal season 1. I haven't watched that, but my friends tell me it's some of the best cinematography they've seen in a serialized show. I'm optimistic, and I've been looking forward to a good adaptation of the book for over a decade. With McShane at the helm as Wednesday I will at least give them the benefit of the doubt.

FYI always and forver god &j ec is blvk

I'm just sad they've narrowed one of my favorite character but you're right, it's probably gonna be fine

UNSCHEDULED OFF WORLD ACTIVATION

I'm just pissed it's being produced by Starz (ie: Power; aka the BBC show) and not HBO

So the character is named
Shadow
And he is black?
Top kek, that's explotaitismm tier naming conventions.

This looks good actually, didnt understand what this movie is abouth though

I'm glad someone here beat me to this post. Goddamn.