ITT: underrated players from your national team

Sam Morsy - Wigan captain - Egypt

Attached: Large.jpg (1360x765, 94K)

everyone in the Greek NT is underrated apart from Sokratis and Manolas who are easily one of the best CB duos in National football.
Mitroglou
Stafylidis of Stoke
Fortounis (underrated coz he plays at shitte Greek League)
and probably Donis of Stuttgart as well.

Sean Maguire. 7 goals in 7 games for Preston after coming back from long term injury.
Only moved from the shitty Irish league this seaosn

Attached: sean-maguire.jpg (640x360, 23K)

>Sokratis and Manolas

pair of donkeys desu

Joel campbell, plays for sporting, costa rica

Fairly sure he's pretty rated

All overrated.

All underated and overrated at the same time

Brooks.
Isn't rated outside Germany.

if you had half a player like Manolas or Sokratis at the back you would be in the WC right now btw.
current football is all about advertising.
a player's value is literallybased on his nationality nowadays.
When Rojo reached the final last WC he was considered one of the most promising CBs. Why? because sm1 dragged his a$$ till the WC final.
German Howedes and Hummels are more rated because they are Germans in their own country, and because they ve won a World Cup, yet they dont really perform any better than Sokratis or Manolas.
Mediocre players get sold for huge amounts after every World Cup, only to end up being flops.
Real thought they found the next Zidane in James. Sure James is a top attacking midfielder but he wasn't enough for Real Madrid, the Real that won 2 C.L.s

>German Howedes and Hummels are more rated because they are Germans in their own country, and because they ve won a World Cup, yet they dont really perform any better than Sokratis or Manolas.
I may be biased, but Sokratis isn't even half the CB Hummels is desu.

Most of them are correctly rated imo, they play in decent leagues but aren't anything outstanding. Maybe Florian Grillitsch is a bit underrated, he's a very solid, technically proficient midfielder with an interesting tactical profile.

I can't speak for Manolas, but Sokratis has had better seasons than this one. He's also very mediocre on the ball.
Nobody rates Höwedes btw, not even >Schalke fans, Hummels is pretty good though, you could argue he's world-class.

>He's also very mediocre on the ball.
That's an understatement.

>starting a comment with I may be biased
>A German, rating a German, after I said that Germans rate a German cause he is German
>Dortmund with Hummels and Sokratis was splendid.
This goes for both of u
>Put Sokratis with Bartra, some Zagadou guy, Toljan,Akanji, Toprak and expect him to look as good as a Centerback surrounded by Bayern players.
Dortmund hasnt been a big club for at least 2 -3 years.

For a centerback he is fine. You know he won't make bullsh!et moves. That's honestly all you need from a centerback. Secure passes and some imagination in case he sees a good run from a forward.
The good thing both Sokratis and Manolas have is the fact that they have a decent bodytype for a Centerback, and they still are quick enough to catch up with some pretty fast forwards on 1 on 1 occasions.
I agree that im biased as well btw on them being goats. I kknow they re not. Im pretty sure that the Greek NT with a proper 8-6 duo since Karagounis-Katsouranis retired, could be a different team with these in the back. We miss the key to faster transition. Our defence is probably one of the best in Europe.

OM fan here. Mitroglou is absolute trash at the moment.

Mitroglou's has always been slightly below average

i think that the greek team has regressed compared to the last generation

Attached: turun_luke.jpg (1024x624, 136K)

hardly.
He lost preseason and is a totally different style of play compared to germain and njie who want the ball at open space.
He came in the last day of the summer transfer window. Your team wasnt used to playing a target man.
Also ,
>most productive forward comming from the bench in Ligue 1.
Mitroglou next season will be on fire if he stays.
I dont think hes goat but I think Benfica-Marseille-Premier League mid/bottom teams like Fuhlam is his level. aka his career is equal to his potential.

>Dortmund without Hummels but with Sokratis is shit
you make the connection

Hradecky is a fucking wizard on the line

He has to be spoon-fed tap ins in 7-0 wins right now so his confidence isn't too affected it's pathetic. I hope he does well but to call him underrated is a crime, he's a literal disaster.

Firmino

first time brazil have a strong striker in a while desu

He's rated

Sokratis literally has only his above average speed going for him atm. Even his tackling seems to decline as you can see on all the unnecessary fouls he pulls after being found out of postion yet again.

idk man stats dont lie
Germain this season 44 matches 15 goals /5 assists 2.800 minutes of playtime
Njie this season 30 matches 7 goals 6 assists 1406 minutes of playtime
Mitroglou 9 goals 1 assist in 21 matches and only 1000 minutes of playtime.
If you only wanna check the his ligue 1 stats they literally favor him over everyone.
caling him a disaster when he s the 2nd center forward in line, and still manages to score almost equally to the first one is a bit like you dont want him to succeed.
Bruvvv when Dortmund had both Hummels and Sokratis they also had performing players in the back like Schmeltzer and Pisczec. Right now both of them have downgraded by a ton to the point they re considered bad and their replacements are some 18-20 year olds with first year experience in top football.
Even the wingers in Hummels last season in 15 were all finished with Puberty. Unexperienced forwards will make a ton of mistakes and expose your defence in more occassions. Blazykowski Mikhitaryan and Gundogan were the type of players who knew how to "protect" their defence and now you have a team that looks like high school musical agewise in BVB.

ok so you're obviously not watching the games.

ofc im not. but stats don;t lie. and dont tell me like Mitroglou is ruining everything. OM wasn't a team that would win every team in Ligue 1. by scoring tons against each without him, so why should I believe that he is "destructive" as you say.
Stats never lie. Scoring goals while being on your down is only a sign that when he finds his self back up he ll be on fire. Won't really take an argument on this until the next season comes.

You go to awfull lenghts to defend your players, I'll give you that and while I agree that the whole Dortmund squad went two steps down from their 2012-2016 years, it doesn't change the fact that Sokratis is awfully limited as a CB and not suited to play in a team with the "ambitions" of Dortmund.

the ambitions of Dortmund are pretty clear that Sokratis is a luxury for them to have.
The fact that they try to sell anything under 22 and the fact that this is probably the only team finishing 2nd in the big championshps of Europe and somehow manages to have at 3-5 different players sold every season and swapped with other 18-20 year olds who might and might not be good. He had the chance to leave with Klopp btw.
Dortmund doesn't have any other ambitions other than sell. The 2013 CL final was simply luck apparently.

Sokratis hasn't had a good game in 2 years

yeah I really like him

not here

he is literally our most rated player tho

He scored vs Lyon just the other day man

Attached: 1498846448775.jpg (615x409, 31K)

We rate him here mate

Attached: 4062FF9200000578-4510798-image-m-85_1494935541824.jpg (634x535, 61K)

TRASH

No clue what he actually does.

No thats not...
That's... That's not...

SCHOOLBOY LOOKS

Seriously though, this lad is the shit.

David Silva is a bit underrated in Spain.

Attached: a short shaqiri.jpg (1023x1023, 114K)

Paul Pogba - Manchester United - France

Attached: 5936875_pogbadab_1000x625.jpg (1000x625, 75K)

underrated

Attached: 20171216-The18-Image-Christian-Pulisic-Dortmund-Goal-Magical-Touch.jpg?itok=43NfeDD8.jpg (1280x720, 111K)

too fat to make it

he's been underrated in England until this season and even now he's slightly underrated because people think KDB is miles better than him even though he's really not

Isn't he at Betis. Well, kind of, because they don't want him anymore.

>Silva
>underrated in England

was named the best attacking midfielder in the league for years

This thread convinced me that all greek players are total shit.