What went wrong?

what went wrong?
how did this flick fail at box office?
they got the two biggest meme actors

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Gksxu-yeWcU
slashfilm.com/passengers-ending/2/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Didn't it do alright overall? Putting it up against Rogue One was probably a bad idea.

>Pratt
Based but I cant imagine him playing a more serious role after seeing Guardians/Jurassic World
>JLaw
Doesn't get me going. Too young.

I'll pirate it sometime

SJWs were too buttblasted about Pratt waking up JLaw. They called it rape.

>tfw I found out she was 26 a few days ago
I always thought she was like 35. Man she is not aging well.

(((Feminists))) complained about it

source?

It wasn't very good. It was pretty and Pratt's performance was alright, but that's about it.

becuase it was fucking stupid and even sub 150 iq normies realized how retarded the entire plot was when they couldnt re-enter hibernation or wake up the tech crew to fix the problem right away, etc

>5000 passengers on ship
>only 1 med bay pod

J Law was awful and didn't even try. Pratt put in the effort and got paid a tiny fraction of what she did.

It was basically Event Horizon without The Warp

youtube.com/watch?v=Gksxu-yeWcU

this

Except that abortion was agonizing to watch.

It did fine. Made back its budget and then some.

CRITICALLY it got blasted. For basically the reason posted. Which is annoying.

They didn't show that fact at all in the trailers so people were mad when they watched the movie and got hit with that out of nowhere.

Google passengers rape. Or look at any rotten review on RT.

wew
They're right

i just read the plot in wikipedia without watching the movie first. AMA

Man imagine spending a WHOLE YEAR with no human contact!!

>AMA
go back to ebaumsworld you fagget

>computer can't wake up the crew mid journey

Was there a way to have sex with the hibernating women without waking them up? It seems like that would be the optimal solution.

I would have raped every hot girl while they were asleep, then eventually wake one up

>I would have raped every hot girl while they were asleep

me too and then when I'm 68 and my willy gives up I'll pilot the ship directly into a sun to erase all evidence

Its the perfect plan

It's Romantic Pandorum

>what went wrong?
millennial Ken & Barbie + no actual actors

stay mad fgt

>Be space hunk Pratt
>out of 2500 women
>Pick Jlaw
That there broke the suspension of disbelief

Also Jlaw stopped being the flavor of the month and no one cares about her

they butchered the script and basicly put the ending twist at the beginning

>no actual actors
YOU TAKE IT BACK

people are tired of twists. they are overused in every other tv show

Actually, Passengers was basically always intended to be like this, despite being in development for like ten fucking years.

The original idea for the ending was really weird though:
slashfilm.com/passengers-ending/2/

You should never go full meme

This whole thing with popular actors getting people to watch a film, they wouldn't watch otherwise, is a big meme

>is instantly forgiven for what he did when it becomes clear that they need two people to save the shit and that everyone would've died if he hadn't woken her up

this is so stupid

if I rob and murder someone and it's later found out that that person was planning a terrorist attack that would've caused casualties in the thousands it's not like I'm get hailed as a hero for saving so many lives, I'd still go to jail for murder

>We've come to a point where we have to ask if waking someone from their sleep is rape
Sad

G-Senjou no Maou basically did exactly what you described and it ended with him getting eight years in prison.

this
Reminded me of Thank You for smoking

>sentence someone to death because it makes you happy
>fucking around with life sustaining /potentially life threatening devices as a passenger because you want to bang a hot chick
It's not rape but it's arguably the most fitting word for it

Thank You for Smoking and Passengers are both good movies.

Thank You for smoking might be really edgy but it's quite good movie

It wasn't rape, but he did doom another person and ruin her dreams because he didn't have the guts to be alone or at least kill himself. He's a piece of shit and should've died at the end while J-Law's character goes back to cryo sleep.

Listen homo. It's not rape. It's may be fucked up but it's not rape. Them being awake saved the whole colony from dying. You have a word modern sense of morality, I'd go as far as to say that you are sheltered suburban scum

It's a good thing there are plenty of other words in the English language. You can even string multiple words together to express ideas too complicated for one word.

Or if I had to condense all that to one word: rape.

Well, you're technically having human contact right now, it's just through the Internet. Pratt didn't even have that.

>Them being awake saved the whole colony from dying
Oh fuck off this played nothing into his decision you coward

>You have a word modern sense of morality, I'd go as far as to say that you are sheltered suburban scum
wew lad. Seems like someone has some issues with himself

>Them being awake saved the whole colony from dying.

>implying they didn't throw that in to make the entire ordeal seem less fucked up
>"look, he ruined this girl's life, but hey, they fixed this thing and now it's alright!"

I('ve) heard of the movie when it was coming out, but didn't know anything about it, so obviously I didn't give a shit about it. but I watched that Nerdwriter video last week and it seemed like a decent plot (both the original and the rearrange)

did he ever upload the complete re-arranged movie?

JLaw's character still did what she loved (writing), got to spend her life with a man she loved, and had every amenity provided for her. Pratt's character still did what he loved (tinkering), got to spend his life with a woman he loved, and had every amenity provided for him. If they wanted other human interaction then they could talk to the robot bartender. Or I'm sure there were plenty of conversational AI programs available on a computer they could talk to. That sounds like a pretty damn good life. I'd gladly choose that over what I have now if it meant forgoing any other human contact. I realize not everyone is like me, but movie characters just need to be plausible.

They used the most fitting word for it in the moving and your post makes direct reference to it. It was murder.

>sentence someone to death because it makes you happy
>This is rape
You're retarded.

But you're all just bots no different from the bartender

Neither of them have movie star looks. They look like a checkout girl and a construction worker from Idaho who got married too young. Big, round, boring faces.

We don't really have crazy good looking movie stars like Brad Pitt was in his prime. Most of them look great, but approachable.

Box office success has fuck all to do with quality.

Granted, she has lost credibility since the fappening, but I enjoyed Passengers.

Unlike most mindless drones wanting sequels, it was refreshing for me personally to see a new idea being used by Hollywood.

Sadly most cretins prefer to see MCU quipfest#12 than to see something entirely new.