How did this happen?

How did this happen?

Attached: IMG_4259.jpg (608x1111, 259K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.fifaranking.net/ranking/?d=2006-05-17
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Unironically communism

Communist governments were good for sports development. Bulgaria was probably a more successful country under the communist system than they are currently.

No wonder we’ve never won it.

the 90s were weird

Attached: wew.png (331x597, 35K)

Kek
Italy should have won this one, >we should have won in 98 and France 2006.

Whats this?

France should have won in 06, but at least Zidane had the most alpha send off of all time.

The 90's were a crazy time.

I believe it’s FIFAs ranking of the strongest (on paper) national teams.
who did you have back then?

fifa ranking for 1993.

Attached: wew.png (201x532, 19K)

We were unironically elite in the 90s.

Should have won in 98? You nearly got 7-1'd in the final. France were easily the better team. You should have lost in the semis tbqh

oh how times change

Attached: wew.png (210x253, 12K)

goat WC group

Attached: Capture.png (779x159, 12K)

Us and Denmark are still top 20. You've just been replaced by Iceland.

Did Scandinavia peak in the 90s?

we were 26 back then, 25 now 20 years later
>le soccer is growing in the USA meme

We were alright in the early 00s too. Went down the shitter around 06. Zlatan was wasted on the worst crop of talent we'll (hopefully) ever see, and a joke of a manager who's tactics for his entire 7 year spell was "hoof it to zlatan and hope for the best".

And >we should have won Italia '90.

must’ve been the shirts

Attached: 5B46D086-03DC-44A7-B3E8-3B8944456953.jpg (1280x720, 174K)

The quality of your team and the popularity of the sport in your country are two very different things. The latter doesn't guarantee the former.

They poisoned Fatnaldo.
>France were easily the better team
Far from true, you're an underage and don't know nothing about Football. Leave this thread.

wouldn't mind having the shirt, even if i don't support the team.
just that gud

Attached: 11755833_880130135390752_291959748341670447_n_1_.png (480x427, 267K)

Nah, England had a meme run in Italia 90. No different to Turkey in 2002.

>we are sharing this board with people born after the 98 World Cup

There was a year of birth thread on Sup Forums yesterday and the number of anons born in 1998 or 1999 was pretty shocking.

How salty are english fans because of 2002? You had a decent teams and were eliminated by a goal out of fucking nowhere.

Brazil were the better team. The tournament that England really should have won is Euro 2004.

Attached: IMG_4260.jpg (2200x1366, 821K)

>Patrick Vieira
>Laurent Blanc
>Didier Deschamps
>Marcel Desailly
>Zinedine Zidane
>Robert Pires
>Thierry Henry
>Lilian Thuram
>Fabien Barthez
>Emmanuel Petit
>David Trezeguet
But sure, France were shit in 1998.

ribery played for England?

Can't see who you're thinking of

>But sure, France were shit in 1998.
Never said this. Also, I can do the same.

>Taffarel
>Cafu
>Junior Baiano
>Roberto Carlos
>Dunga
>Leonardo
>Bebeto
>Rivaldo
>Ronaldo

This looks like a Special Olympics team. Even Beckham looks terrible.

this 100%

i remmeber my school being depressed as fuck but brazil were clearly the better team

they look totally normal

"We've got our midfield pairing, Lampard and Gerrard!"

maybe by British standards

Attached: Untitled.jpg (2200x1366, 1M)

Being this easily triggered. The bog French men utterly dominated you and the result was never in doubt.

>b-b-but we deserved to win

The Real Madrid of international teams. I hope you never win another. Spoilt brats.

Those are from 1998. This one is from 1994

Attached: mexico camisa 1994.jpg (898x1200, 182K)

We lost to the only team that was better than us in the tournament, there isn't too much shame in that. You had players like Ronaldo, Rivaldo, Ronaldinho, Cafu, Roberto Carlos, Gilberto Silva and Dida. I'd say the main tournament people are butthurt about is WC '86 because Maradona was playing basketball, but seeing as it happened so long ago people have gotten over that. Although the two tournaments we felt we should have won were Euro '96 and Euro '04.

what in the name of fuck even is that?

wikipedia.org/wiki/Aztec_calendar_stone

why would you put that on a shirt?
it's fucking disgusting

true for 90% of the population

I like the yoga pants leggings

Sweden had quite a few good players - Brolin, Dahlin, Kennett Andersson. Also their goalkeeper Thomas Ravelli was playing beast mode in the knockouts. Still quite a surpise though

Bulgaria qualified with a shock win over France and no one expected them to do this well but they did have Stoichkov who was considered one of the best players in the tournament before it even started.

Brazil and Italy were class on paper but the rest of the favourites choked at some point
>Germany lost to Bulgaria in the quarters, big shock
>Colombia were a popular tip to win but fucked up in the groups
>Holland won their group and were unlucky to come across Brazil as early as QFs
>Likewise Spain met Italy in QFs
>Argentina were beaten in their last group game by Bulgaria after Maradona got banned for drugs. They got through but had to play Group A winners Romania who were legit impressive and lost in the round of 16. Romania got knocked out by Sweden next round

I reckon 2002 was far weirder.

wtf is this opinion

They had this weird tactic of having a big CF (Jostein Flo) playing out wide and launching diagonal balls to him.
Loads of their players played in good premier league teams and those that didn't seemed to be just as good.

>I reckon 2002 was far weirder.

2002 was a legit fix though. I don't think anyone pretends otherwise anymore. The tournament was a sham.

Turkey though. Was that part fixed?

Good times

Attached: berlumatrix.jpg (292x1690, 87K)

did the photographer whip his cock out before taking the picture? they all have a wtf look on their faces. except James.

>you don't know nothing about Football.
stop learning english from US cop shows

Probably not. They just got an easy group, and an extremely lucky path to the semifinals.

>group with Brazil, Costa Rica and China (which they only scraped through with 4 points)
>Japan in the Round of 16
>Senegal in the quarter finals

Imagine only having to beat Costa Rica, China, Japan, Senegal and South Korea to finish third at a World Cup.

we had the magic finger

Attached: kiryakov.jpg (781x1000, 360K)

Attached: 26d5f51c3a289f84d567765d6012c570.jpg (640x480, 142K)

Reminder that Russia 2018 is the last real international tournament for the foreseeable future.

>Euro 2020 is being played across Europe without a host nation (already ruined by 24 teams anyway)
>Qatar 2022 is being played in winter in a country where women aren't allowed to show their shoulders
>Euro 2024 - probably being played in Turkey
>World Cup 2026 - 48 team nonsense

Hope it's good lads.

>"hoof it to zlatan and hope for the best".
That's Ibraball. That's how every team that has Ibra plays.

>Qatar 2022 is being played in winter
this is the one that triggers me the most.i just doesnt feel right to watch a WC during the fucking winter
>tfw no huge beerfest tents with lots of cheap beer and BBQ at the town square while watching the game on huge projector screens with thousands of people
shit sucks mane

Attached: IMG_1041.jpg (1600x1067, 597K)

One of the Nordic teams had matches in Texas.

They wore garbage bags in training to acclimatize themselves to the 100 degree heat.

>Dida
He didn't play at all, he was on the bench the whole time.
Marcos was the only keeper who played.

Recber Rustu was GOAT at the time

I'm honestly looking forward to that winter world cup. It's a refreshing change for once.
Should be really comfy.

Attached: 1480572983573.jpg (499x499, 26K)

>a winter world cup would be a refreshing change for once
we've had 4 winter World Cups already.

Attached: winter WC final.webm (853x480, 2.87M)

I've always wondered, when did barras bravas started in Argentina and how was the atmosphere in the stadiums before them? Did people sing back then? was any form of organization?

what the fuck are you talking about?
football chants are like 120 years old, why do you think we use old spanish word slike "olé" in them?

barra bravas are just mafias that got involved with clubs, they have nothing to do with football atmosphere, specially at NT level, they never get involved.
except for that one retarded match we played against Perú 6 months ago in Bosta's stadium when Bosta's president """hired""" Bosta's barra "la 12"

I ask you because before they came to Mexico in the 90s it wasn't common to sing full songs during the whole match.
The classical Mexican chants are very simple
>Mexico Mexico Ra Ra Ra
>A la bio a la bao
>goya goya cachum cachum

there were alway a more extreme "radical" fan sector of the stands that were chanting during the whole match, always.
the mafias that we call barra bravas got into football in the late 70s early 80s and that's when muh passion and crime got mixed and became confusing.

Yeah, uh, I remember that great early 90's norwegian side featuring great players such as erm...

Romania got screwed against Sweden in the semifinals. They should've been in the quarter final. Smh

now is Iceland representing the vikings

B A R I A G A
A
R
I
A
G
A

>beat all the oriental asian in one tournament
literally mongol

How is Albania better than South Korea?

>never did anything notable football wise during Communism
>did great after Communism
>"it must be the Communist system"
The mind of a goblino...
We had great sporting success due to Soviet doping during the Commie era but our national football team was always shit. 94 was just a golden generation

FIFA rankings are bullshit in general, look where Luxembourg is
However Albania IS indeed better than South Korea

You are like little kids
Here, May 2006
en.fifaranking.net/ranking/?d=2006-05-17

>Albania IS indeed better than South Korea
maybe at being a useless shithole otherwise they have far better players

Big tongues on football boots to return when?

If we're talking cups >our teams should have won, Germany 2010 was much better than Germany 2014.

fuck no, they were annoying as hell.
I had to keep them down with a rubber band, fuck that.

All are pissed that the have to play for England. Except James

ahahaha

HAHhahah

No.

>muh piston movement

>Russia 2018 will be the seventh World Cup in my lifetime

Feel old lads.

94 was supposed to be ROMANIA's year!

IT'S NOT FAIR!!

Checked

For me, it's Norway.

>Junior Babiano
wew

Yeah well it led to a sharp decline for Swedish football. We unironically looked stronger when Ibra was injured. It's not Ibra's fault, but we simply didn't have the players to constantly supply him. Our coach should've been fired immediately after failing to qualify for Brazil.

poor babby doesn't even remember solskjaer, flo, carew, berg, byornebye, mykland, rekdal and big dick frode grodas

they were unironically pretty good

Also the chad sweeper Rune Bratseth

Attached: 9023-117Fr.jpg (250x350, 16K)

Why did football players look more grimy looking in the 90s? Now they look gay.

What national symbol would you put on the argentino shirt? "Look at me I'm white".

It used to be a prerequisite to be a man to play football. Now the refs protect metrosexual manlets to enable their participation.

Just like with any sport now

Too bad you won't get to see it. Prepare yourself April 18 2018 they arrive.

What's gayer, watching a liverpool game or swallowing your own cum?

Being from Australia

Questions Asked: 1
Questions Answered: 0

i think he meant the latter

why are you on the internet when you live in a beautiful country?