Which one is better?

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/12887101
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Very cool.

I wish we could see more than green and blue for light side and just red for dark side, there's no reason a lightsaber has to be color locked.

Pink lightsaber when

One of Lucas's dumber ideas.

Although it might have been interesting if colors denoted some sort of class. But as it stands now, Jedi can have any color and it doesn't mean anything, and Sith (which is also a gay concept) just have red. Because Vader had red in the OT.

I'll show you my pink lightsaber

>implying theyre not all equally horrible

hello shill

>Colored lightsaber
What are you, gay?

>Giving Yoda and Palpatine a lightsaber.

Is there official lore behind the colors of lightsabers?

>Although it might have been interesting if colors denoted some sort of class.
This is literally how it was in KOTOR

Blue was the fighter, green was the mage and yellow was the inbetween

they have specific names i dont feel like googling

yellow was best btw

pretty new canon version is the kyber crystals you use reflects your alignment to the force.

I thought it was the opposite, that your alignment reflects the color

None of that shit.
Have a bag full of thousands of poisoned needles that can be barely seen and felt if at all.
Use the force to make a porcupine out of your enemies, and if they don't die instantly they'll die from at least one needle grazing them.
Also force levitate a bunch of blasters and repeaters and canons and unleash chaos with them via the force.

Lightsabers are fucking dumb as shit.

I'd rather spend time training the force as much as possible.

In pre-Disney canon, the Jedi got their lightsaber crystals from sacred caves on the planet Illum, which is why they came in different colors. The Sith created their crystals artificially, which made them come out red.

In nu-canon, all crystals are naturally colored, but if a darksider uses one it will "bleed" red. These stained crystals can be purified, which turns them white, but only Ahsoka can do that because Dave Filoni is a hack.

I hope Rey doesn't get fucking robes. I just want jedi types dressing as normal, like Luke.

Also, why the fuck is Luke wearing robes in TFA?

Kyber crystals are colorless stones that are alive but not. Force users use the lightside to bond with them giving the crystal a color. Dark side of the force is pure cancer and it corrupts the crystal, thus making it red.

I really wish we saw more white lightsabers in the movies.

so why does a lightsaber stay the same color when different people use it including non force sensitive people

It's already aligned to the force and has a color, and it isnt a mood ring that changes at whim.

>lightsabers don't spin

None of them

You're looking for Guardian, Consular and Sentinel. And yes, Sentinel was best.

In the old EU, the Jedi chose the color of his or her crystal depending on his class of Jedi. Guardians focused on saber combat and chose blue, Consulars focused on study of the Force and chose green, Sentinels were a mix and focused on defensive strategies and chose Yellow.

In the new canon the Kyber crystals change color depending on the Jedi, but it mostly seems to align with the old canon, with those stronger in the Force becoming green. Jedi Temple Guards still have yellow crystals.

There are also Black, purple, orange, yellow and white lightsaber, just not in the movies...

>spinning sabers generating lift

Okay, my suspension of disbelieve is violated.

>Jedi Guardian was blue
>Jedi Consular was green
>Jedi Sentinel was yellow

or something like that. KOTOR II brought in a bunch of new shades too

This. The girls should have that. Also where's Mace's purple one?

>Rey rocking the haircut that Lucas originally wanted Luke to have in RotJ in a "traditional Jedi warrior" style which later became the Qui-Gon
>those robes

nice

That Mandalorian in the cartoon that fought maul had a cool black one

THat was supposed to just be a sword, but when the cartoon people showed it to Lucas he threw a fit and said swords can't fight lightsabers. So they made it a darksaber instead

VERY important poll, choose the best Lightsaber colour.
>strawpoll.me/12887101

ow the fuck is that supposed to work arent they like energy beams or something. would they just burn the molecules around them instead of creating lift.

>i dont know physics

It's a bog-standard portable repulsor pack

The spinning is just for a e s t h e t i c s

It's weird the way they had to nerf lightsabers by introducing a shit-ton of other weapons that can negate their power, like the Darksaber.

the Darksaber is a Lightsaber, it just has a black blade. it was created by a mandalorian jedi.

fuck that caught me off guard

It would have been cooler if Kylo wielded Luke's old lightsaber

Maybe it heats the air around it so much, it lowers the density of the air above the wielder, so denser air from below surges up, providing lift.
This might be the most retarded post I've made on this site.

I liked how Rogue One had the balls to kill off absolutely everyone

Doku wasnt a sith.

Yes he was you knobend

Yes, he was of course the grey pseudo light assassin, dark-jedi-padawan-butnotmaster, keikaku knowing, lightsaber wielding grandpa

this

Better question: which characters are the best?

It just makes it easier to tell who the bad guys are like the black hats in an old western.

Based on op's pic:
1. Vader
2. Dooku
3. Qui-Gon
4. Sheev
5. Yoda
6. Obi-Wan
7. Luke
8. Maul

Naga Sadow is the best overall though

Darth Revan > errybody.

Exar Kun >>>>

>kun

take your weeb shit elsewere

Test

Obi-Wan>Yoda

Nomi Sunrider da best

they were all literally whos, no one cares

>the jedi use lightsabers

>the sith don't use darksabers

Can somebody explain? What did they mean by this?

They are actually using small jetpack like things to fly, the saber has nothing to do with it

Hahahaha what the fuck man

Why is he white? His name was Exar Coon....

Exar Kun, Ulic Qel'Droma and Nomi Sunrider >>>

Tales of the Jedi >>>

agreed

>purple
>not in the movies
You didn't watch the entire prequel trilogy, did you?

Also the sith had red laserswords because they used synthetic crystals wich coincidentally were always red.

Darksaber is a Mandalorian thing

goddamnit, why are light sabers so satisfying and cool to look at?
It's just has to got to do with the fact it's high-tech coupled with the warrior-ishnes of a sword.
Motherfucker star wars is cool if it was more like swish swoosh lightsabery duels and giant army battles instead of what we got.

Mate, if the best you can come up with is telekinesis from the force you do not deserve to use it.
The real shit's at psychologial and illusory force powers if not literal magical (UUUUNNNNLIIMIIITTED POOWWWEEER!!) powers.

>The real shit's at psychologial and illusory force powers if not literal magical
That's best as a diversion when you meet another force user though.
And pray to the force that they aren't good with the soul, otherwise you are fucked.
Which is why [UNLEASH EVERYTHING] with telekinesis and maximum diversion.
I treat the force as a pump and dump thing.