American Gods

Missed most of the threads so far.

What did you guys think? Did it get your hopes up?

I don't really have much to say so far. I only feel like Wednesday and Mr. Nancy's age should be switched. Mr. Nancy looks WAY younger than I expected him to.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ynbrRfOaj1c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The first 30 minutes were a little slow but after that it picked up.

It's good enough to keep watching, at least.

It's ok just as the book was.

I'm just starting now, the CGI is obscenely bad.

It worked for me. Other than the CGI noose that Shadow sees, that looked ridiculous.

I'm glad that the actor who plays Shadow actually looks and acts like leading man material unlike dude who plays Luke Cage

marvel cucks BTFO

I want to watch so damn bad but I'm a poorfag who doesn't have Starz and doesn't know where to stream it.

jesus christ

>streaming movies

What the fuck man?

I agree that Nancy looks too young. He also comes across as more sinister than charming.

It's in the trunk, Sup Forums

wtf i love black people now

I don't know how to react to that. Shocking. Sad.

It started off okay.

Only problem for me was the CGI. It wasn't made bad.

It was just tasteless in terms of composition and design overall. Like that over exposed blood meme Fuller loves so much. That's not even what blood looks like, i hate this on Spartacus too, it made everything look too plastic. If you are gonna do gore, do proper fucking gore.

I feel autistic.

I only watched it because Ian McShane has credit with me for Deadwood. I don't know the book but I liked it. The supernatural stuff was a little much for my taste but I can't say I'm not intrigued.

>new Gods
>old Gods
>Technical Boy
This show sounds gay as fuck.

no matter what, im gonna keep watching for cocksucker man

>The supernatural stuff was a little much for my taste
Dude, the "Gods" part of the title is no metaphor. You better get used to the supernatural stuff if you want to watch and enjoy this.

The blood (atleast in the opening) wasn't CGI that was all practical effects.

no threads on this show until i finish reading the book and watch the show. thank you.

I didn't know bryan fuller was the showrunner but it was obvious to me with the slowmo red buckets of paint spilled within the first 5 minutes, and the drawling dream sequences backed by a percussive soundscape.

It just reminded me too much of hannibal

Well yes now I know what to expect. I just assumed they would ease you into it a little. Instead they throw that shit right in your face.

Hey, don't worry about it. I'm sure in a few years from now you'll be able to find the DVD set at a yard sale.

How's McShane in this?

Best part so far

I have a bunch of unused 1gb usb sticks lying around so I could send the episodes to you by post? Maybe one stick/2 eps every couple of weeks.

Let's make this happen Reddit!

>tfw no good streams up and my university blocks torrent sites

>muh shock value

it was edgy as fuck with all that bright red blood.
vikings stabbing their own eyes then slaying their own kind.

it is not horribly bad, i like McShane

popcorntime

was I the only one who thought shadow was a native american god while reading the book?

nigga's 50 it's not his fault black don't crack

Nope.

I can't remember where in the book, but there was some line that made me think "oh, okay, so he's definitely partially Native American". I think it was when they described Wednesday meeting and dancing with his mother.

haha

Anyone know if the second ep is out somewhere? I've looked in the usual places but I'm only finding the first one, i know they sent the first 4 around to sites for review, wasn't sure if they got leaked or not.

alright sorry. well make a thread when you're caught up. the discussion's half the fun!

Ian McShane's googly eyes are too much for me.

google [series title] s01e01 watch online free
wow now you can watch everything for free

>sword going into the black bar at the top
>oh that's actually pretty neat
>It hits someone with full force in the throat
>gallons and gallons of blood everywhere
what the fuck lmao

I read the book and it was terrible, so I'll be skipping this. Neil Gaiman is overrated. His comic books are okay, he should stick to those.

I wish I had a master's degree in computer science as well.

First comment to make me chuckle in months of crippling alcoholic depression

Eh, i could handle Spartacus CGi. I can probably handle this as well

Haven't read the books, watched the first episode and I enjoyed. Actually, I was surprised it was so good since it's pretty rare for a show to exceed my expectations.

Hey man he kills a tranny in pretty much everything he write. He can't be all bad right?

>so I'll be skipping this
Thanks for stopping by. I'll inform the media.

It's gud. Mcshane steals the show.
I refuse to believe someone is this retarded.

it was atrocious beyond beleif. i hated every second of it. i hope this shit gets cancelled, i hope hbo goes bankrupt, i hope cable goes out of business, i hope hollywood crashes and burns, i hope western civilization collapses, and i hope earth is destroyed. all because this fucking show was so bad.

The guy is 75.
WTF, he looks extremely good for his age, especially given the fact that he's an anglo.

That's his fetish , I hear he makes his wife wear a fake dick while he strangles her .. only way he can achieve an orgasm.

>this again
It's not even a good pasta man.

Boner achieved.

What the fuck, the guy looks like he's in his late 50s.

>Ian McShane is 75
What the fuck, I thought he was like 50

>McShane will die in your lifetime

now you mention it there was a serial killer in Sandman who killed trannies

trannies especially just before the reassignment surgery

wtf Gaiman

I'm not used to black people in general but the protagonist looks...off.
Like, he's probably majority white, is he?

>Only 2 years younger than pic related
What

(You) will die in your lifetime

w...whoa

I'll off myself the moment I go bald

I loved the flying arm with a sword going above the frame. It was so bizarre.

It was a little slow, which is fine. Casting was all around perfect, especially McShane, who I can only see getting even better and it doesn't even seem like he's trying that much but I thought Shadow was a bit too emotional, even in the book where you hear his every thought he seemed more distant.

I'm kind of hoping they don't give him an internal monologue though, I was worried the whole show he'd have one at first.

I was also concerned because at first I couldn't really see what Fuller had brought to the table. It was an adaptation of the book for sure, but it still felt, for lack of a better term, too conventional. Then that final two minutes happened and the show gripped me. It felt almost Hannibal like, the slow-motion, the blood the rain, and finally the sense that something is extremely out of balance. That what I was hoping for in the adaptation. Fuck the ending was beautiful.

I still miss Hannibal ;_;

What's with this new trend of slow as fuck story telling? All TV is like this now.

I pictured Shadow more stoic.

>I still miss Hannibal
This so fucking hard.
AG has potential, and I will watch it for its' own merits, but some of the visuals are like a punch in the gut because they remind me of Hannibal.
As sad and cheesy as it might sound, it feels like a reliving an old heartbreak.

COCKSUCKA

Seems pretty cool so far, but I had drank a 12 pack of beer before I watched it.

>Anansi Boys spinoff never
Much better book than American Gods desu

It's a taaaaad more subtle in the books.

No, not really.

Maybe if this show does well.

I always immagined Charles Dance as Wednesday, kind of like he looked in Last Action Hero.

White suit, ginger beard, glass eye, guy was perfect

Starz doesn't even have the rights to it. They're still tied up in the BBC when they were supposed to make a miniseries out of it a few years back.

BBC would fuck it up they are too poor and they know it. Not saying Starz CGI is perfect but it has more money than the BBC shite.

eww, BBC.

They'd turn it into a show about gay interracial marriage somehow.

Only people who say that are genuine fans of cuckolding

Anyone else disappointed in Easter's look? I wanted my thick, pale, tattooed, hipster-y waifu! Not some old cougarville bitch.

did low key appeared yet? who plays him?

Jonathan Tucker
My man from Kingdom, in another excellent casting.

fucking hivemind

Not yet. He's played by Crispin Glover.

>Jonathan Tucker
The way that guy talked really annoyed me. Is it part of the role, or is he just have that juggalo vibe all the time?

>two crows
So is Wednesday Odin?

Don't be fucking stupid.

He literally says he only has one good eye the first scene with him... no shit he's Odin

O-okay, Senpai.
Forgot that. Thanks.

Bullshit, Odin is a good God.

>wednesday in swedish is literally Odin's day
>måndag, tisdag, onsdag, torsdag, fredag, lördag and söndag

But Odin wasn't a cheater/swindler and so on, that was Loki.

Didn't know that.
Only know Thursday/Thor's Day.

You dont get this show. You will get it later though

As long as they explain it, fine.

Wednesday literally means Woden's Day, Woden = Wodan = Odin

Is that edgy to you? Really?