A studio has just put you in charge of making some kind of film about e-sports

A studio has just put you in charge of making some kind of film about e-sports

What is it like?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fgO86LH_fco
youtube.com/watch?v=GyfeWRApHrE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Story of socially awkward guy who is excelent at e-sports but has mental problems. Ends up killing his teammate and after that, he commits suicde

the SONS of STARCRAFT

filled with video game sound samples
youtube.com/watch?v=fgO86LH_fco

The story about the Pac Man record, this guy is the perfect anti hero/villain.

Or, an original script about two autist friends who somehow managed to be succesful doctors or someshit like that, they had hobbies of playing smash and other fighting games. They get the brilliant idea to go to tourneys way over their age and somehow both qualify to EVO or some other shit, only to realize how everyone is a faggot. Film is rated R.

>e-sports

no such thing
banked $ & earning a sweet return for the company. you dont make $$$ spending $$$ brah!

He stink of asians and macro keys and some shit I don't know.

Also hot bimbos who want to cash in on that e-sport nerd craze

Why is Armada so cute bros

Armada Brazzers series when?

A saw-esque/Running man film where Hbox / Mango / PPMD / Armada / M2K all wake up in a room and have to play brackets from being murdered. Grand Finals winner gets to walk away alive.

I'll call it "Don't get hit"

It already exist OP it's called The Wizard.

It should be like Ping Pong: The Animation in that it's not actually about the game. I don't have any concrete ideas but it should actually be about how a generation of men is focusing all of their very real efforts into a game because they either don't see the appeal of society or are too scared to try and join it

First I steal the cast from Silicon Valley
Thomas Middleditch
Martin Starr
Zach Woods
Jimmy Yang
Chris Diamantopoulos

Fucked off with TJ miller because eh

Keep the Same Characters except Instead of Chris playing Russ he is like and older esports play think pro Quake in his 30's
Game is CSGO
movie done last year before the playerbase sorta dropped the fuck off

Plot: A professional video game team is dropped after Chris's character used Adderall and Cocaine during a Final against another team

This scene is the start of the movie and goes for around 15 minutes

Then intro into a year later it's 2017 Thomas Middleditch's Character is a Professional Streamer and Chris is living in his Apartment Zach Woods is also a streamer and streams with Thomas's Character regularly anyway
Chris is still living off previous winnings but its starting to dwindle away his character is a chad and has a fine ass hottie walk out of his room while Tom's character is eating breakfast.

Chris asks Tom for a loan and is rejected and then Chris asks for him to shill him as a streamer or something since streamers rake money but at this point Tom is getting annoyed with Chris and starts to realise why he is still even around.

Chris Throws a fit because Tom won't shill gets in his car and takes off.

Tom's Watching an esports Tournament and see's Chris running to the center stage on the stream he is watching face covered in Coke and half naked wearing a kimono (Red)

he grabs a pound of coke and starts rubbing it in the players faces and quickly taking down by security.

Tom has to bail Chris out he has the money and does it.

Tom and Chris both realise that Esports in the mainstream has no hope in the future

Chris Commits suicide

Copout ending I got bored.

It would have to be a DUDE WEED LMAO comedy in which the protagonist is friends with a pro-gamer and is drafted into their team after one of them suffers some ridiculously random injury to his wrist or something.

It'd be a typical buddy comedy arc between our stoner MC and his straight man friend as they travel to South Korea, complete with all the fish out of water tropes and them falling out over something like how stoner isn't taking it seriously and then in the third act they come together to sweep through to the final.

The end would have stoner MC be the last man standing and then win with some really simple "amateur" tactic that the pros view as beneath them.

Love interests would be a girl gamer on the rival team for stoner MC and a native Korean girl who is a journalist covering the tournament for the straight man.

Get me Rogan and Baruchel and let's make this happen.

pls no

It would be about a gamer girl yoko ono-type character taking advantage of emotionally inept nerds. Eventually she motivates the star player to throw a match and the whole team breaks apart.

You think she'll finally get over her manipulative ways after everybody's life is fucked, but the last scene is her texting the star player of another team.

Karate Kid with Keyboards. Give me my check.

the MC is incapable of human interaction, jumps on the opportunity to make a random asian groupie his GF, he fucks him over for money but he's too beta to do anything about it

I put in multiple scenes of people playing games, with controllers that obviously don't go with the consoles they're playing on, or PC games being played on a Nintendo system.

Gamers get weirdly upset with not 100% accurate shit in movies.

this really wasn't that bad

>Dropping out of Dreamhack because your controller is whack

armada for the love of god why

he was shook

It's about a group of young 20-somethings trying to break into the e-sports scene after all moving in together for one of those retarded team houses. What starts out as a tight friendship amongst a group of friends slowly dwindles down as one by one they fail to find success. Ultimately the last two actually make it, but find it's not what they'd hoped, and they come to be shells of what they used to be as a result, and realize all that time spent bickering and fighting with their best friends due to inflated egos over fucking nothing was wasted. It ends with one of them becoming a slave to it, the other breaks off and quits in an attempt to change his course in life, and find fulfillment.

Documentary style, Viceland recently did one for League of Legends and a rivalry amongst the players and it was surprisingly good.

A young gamer joins the gaming clan of his dreams. When he moves to the gaming house he realizes that it wasn't everything he was hoping for. The living conditions are substandard and the team manager is a tyrant who is abusive. By the third-act, the team manager tries to involve them in match fixing.

Autist kid makes his way to the top on SSBM.

Title is: M2K

25% glorious Karate Kid victory story
75% the degeneration of this man's life as the e sports market becomes over saturated and he realizes he has no transferable skills
It'd have to run a little long but that's what it would take.

yeah e-sports aren't that bad but I like my ideas edgy

2 hours of product placement and thinly veiled shilling for Gamer Food.

>leave e-sports kino to me

So a documentary about EMP? Doesn't that already exist?

It would be about the korean league of legends scene and how companies force the players to play like 18 hours a day and control literally every aspect of their lives.

It's inhuman what they put them through.

>tfw they give us a movie about MLG Colombus 2013 and Speed gaming

i never knew what game he was a pro for

i got that fatal1ty edition of a Creative soundcard back in 2005

basically Boogie Nights but with nerds

It would essentially be Pumping Iron but Mew2King instead of Arnold.

It'd be Dodgeball but with DOTA2

hi grack

I would show no women at all

What of in the future race drivers mentally connect to their cars to race? They are still in the car but mentally control it rather than using pedals and wheel. Maybe a movie about a shut In handicapped kid who plays racing games all the time. Becomes a race driver and wins thus overcoming his legs not working. Hollywood is all a our empowerment and warm fuzzies now Right?

>EMP
Dunno what that is. It'd be a feature film, not a doc. Was using a couple stories I heard during my sc2 days as reference.

Pretty much, this story would be a bit like Whiplash or Black Swan. Inner-conflict being crushed hopes and dreams. External-conflict being an abusive authority figure who will do anything to win.

Awkward Korean teenager who is at best average at everything randomly finds out he has a natural talent for Starcraft in an internet cafe.
He starts practicing 8 hours every day and eventually starts playing in tournaments.
He starts winning a lot and everything is at a high point. His parents are proud of him, he becomes popular, starts dating a qt Korean grill.
Then he sinks into a slump. Everything starts to fade away. His girlfriend breaks up with him.
He falls into a depression, barely hanging on with the help of his friend, a fat screaming weirdo who isn't afraid of being fat and weird and screaming in public.
After regaining confidence, he starts practicing again and makes it to 2nd place in a high profile tournament. Despite losing the finals, he is satisfied with himself and his achievements and retires.
Fast forward two years and we see him coming back from his military service, all buff and good looking.
He meets up with his fat autistic friend, who has now lost weight and become a menacing looking skinhead with Hello Kitty tattoos, and goes to a netcafe for some casual Starcraft.

Painkiller and Quake bruh

>boy grows up playing Nintendo ™
>Summer break was spent with his best friends Mario and Luigi
>Trained for years to be a Pokémon master
>Crossed all the animals
>Legend in Zelda
>Sees a poster to join an e sports leauge
>All of a sudden given a rifle and told to pwn some n00b
>Becomes emotional broken from all the violence, can't sleep at night because of the lives he's taken and friends he's lost
>Picks up a monster energy drink addiction
>Banned from mlg for preformance enhancing substances
>Moves back in with his parents
>Nintendo is still there
>Can't even Mario because ba bombs trigger his PTSD
>About to kill himself
>Sees his 3ds
> Animal crossing is still in
>Villagers miss him and don't think he's a disgrace
>Katt still has the letter he sent when she moved in, and is glad to have such a good friend
>Cleans up his town
>He's happy again, back at the top of his game
>mlg invites him back after seeing him at a Pokémon championship
>He turns them down and walks off into the sunset

I wouldn't make it about Smash unless it's a horror story about smelly autists doing hand warmies and jacking off in other people's houses.

I'll be like The Wrestler but replacing wrestling with gaming. Mickey Rourke can stay as the protag.

you realise this is everything wrong with hollywood right?
A studio decides they need a film of x genre because demographics and market research. So they go to a writer and tell him to write the script on x concept and the writer comes back with the most generic unoriginal script because they're a hack going through the motions

youtube.com/watch?v=GyfeWRApHrE
Although triforce less abusive and more scummy

top kek