Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/8faq5amdK30
youtube.com/watch?v=SppG-I_Dhxw
youtube.com/watch?v=bgRWMbGSUec
youtube.com/watch?v=30OW_EUX33I
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

yes

Explain

Yes. Game is canon and he is dead and Russell is alive helping you kill the thing.

Did carpenter approve of this. Video games shouldn't be taken seriously.

No

In the game, Childs froze to death. It was never confirmed whether or not he was the thing.

The real question is when did the thing get Blair? I thought he was still himself when he destroyed the chopper and the radio equipment. So did the thing get him inside his prison hut?

Also wasn't that bottle of liquor they drink in macready's shack? Who grabbed it? Also did Fuchs seriously burn himself alive or was there foul play involved?

Remember the door was wide open when they came to test blair. The thing had probably been in and out of there for sometime. I always assumed it was that one creature that spawned from the dog-thing and climbed into the rafters.

youtu.be/8faq5amdK30

Carpenter literally spelled it out for you, mongs.

Rolling

Why did he run off into the snow? He was alone where Blair-Thing was hiding, so he could have easily been assimilated.

He would've had to change clothes then. His gear changes when he reappears at the end

How did Mac survive the explosion?

He ran very fast

How?

I read somewhere that childs drank gasoline at the end but I don't know if that's true

Kurt Russell is actually the fastest man in the realm. John carpenter knows this and uses it in all their films. Also he's flame - retardant.

listen to the commentary track by russel and carpenter. they say like ten times that they discussed this back and forth hundreds of times on set but in the end the conclusion was always that they couldn't know

The dog rafter one is completely burnt and is dissected. but later kills fuchs. it doesn't escape

I've read that too. If the thing retains all mannerisms and information the host had, it should've recognized what gas tastes like. Beforehand it was always a perfect mimic and realized how to blackmail macready

How the fuck do you guys remember this movie so well? I don't remember any of these characters except Kurt Russell. Am I a brainlet or is there a secret Sup Forums movie club?

by rewatching it

this movie has the deepest lore tbqh..

It splits in two in that scene. The one that feeds stays down and gets toast, a part of it grows arms and climbs up through the ceiling.

Just rewatched it last night. I can't recall all the minor characters names tho

Dissection scene

>they discussed this back and forth hundreds of times
And now so do we. Will the cycle ever end? Because they decided to never know, does that mean no one will ever know?
I like to think neither were the thing but both were too far beyond trusting each other to save one another so they both died out there like two idiots.

Study it

If they were both human they were totally screwed, there was no way they could've survived the rest of the winter without food or heated shelter. It's a great ending not only because of its ambiguity but it's doomed tone.

According to Carpenter's Twitter 1 was the thing, but I wouldn't be surprised if that was just him fucking with the audience. My headcannon likes to think that the script is cannon and that Mac had a flamethrower under his poncho and burned childs after the credits

I just watched it a couple months ago.

That one mixes with blair thats why it shits out a dog in the barn

I'm cool with Childs being the Thing and I like the idea of Mac giving him one of his moltovs to drink.

you watch it multiple times because it's one of the best movies ever made you pleb

Even Carpenter doesn't know so, no.

>op didn't play the sequel video game

By having these threads upwards of 60 times a year.

Kurt's character survives and gets another copter to boot.

for u

Im pretty sure carpenter confirmed childs was the thing by saying the end scene made it obvious since childs breath doesnt show up in the cold while macreadys does

ITT: fan-fiction and reddit-tier theories

The Thing threads have become cancer.

No.

Stop asking this question.

What were they like before?

Same but reddit wasn't a thing yet.

The swede that shot that one guy in the leg actually laced his bullet with thing-sauce, thus initiating first contact and spreading the infection. The dog then rubs up on that dudes bullet wound in the rec room, infecting the dog. The wounded-man-thing then tells Clark to put the now-infected dog-thing into the kennel so it may feed and escape through the rafters

The biggest clue to Childs being the thing is the fact that he accepts the bottle of whiskey without any concern of infection. That's exactly why Mcryde laughs.

See the video:

youtube.com/watch?v=SppG-I_Dhxw

>not watching the greatest horror movie at least 100 times
>scientists on south pole watch this movie annualy
>you don't
>you should watch it every month

mcready*

This is part 2: this is where he talks about the ending:

youtube.com/watch?v=bgRWMbGSUec

Oh very interesting, thanks. God what a great movie!

oh shit

We've put that one to rest multiple times before. His breath is visible.

>thread actually discussing a great movie barely active.
>like three retarded colbert meme threads with over 100 replies
This board blows

Also, Childs doesn't breathe at the end does he, you notice the breath on Mcryde but it's just not there for Childs

Guys, What if I'm the Thing?

Nah you can see Childs' breath. It's just hard to see due to the lighting in the scene.

he breaths. Heres another video of the same guy debunking this theory.
youtube.com/watch?v=30OW_EUX33I

Neither of them were. But at that point it didnt matter. They probably killed each other anyway out of suspicion.

you know how many times thing has been discussed u silly newfriend