I know this is a dangerous question for this board but was there any capeshit you enjoyed? What was it and Why...

I know this is a dangerous question for this board but was there any capeshit you enjoyed? What was it and Why? Animation counts. I personally liked the incredibles.

>I personally liked the incredibles.

Literally the most benign of all answers

Captain America gave me Indiana Jones vibes, and I'm a sucker for historical fantasy.
Uhh, Dark Knight was pretty good, Ledger's Joker was pretty iconic (though way overmilked by fans)
Spiderman 1&2 were pretty good.
Tim Burton's Batman movies were fantastic, excellent set and costume work.
X-Men 1 was pretty alright.

Thats about it.
Iron Man 1 was alright

spiderman
batman begins

Andrew Garfield spiderman?

Did I say "The Amazing Spiderman"? No I said "Spiderman" dipshit.

Just making sure.

YOU didn't say anything. I typed that. What are you trying to pull, here?

I accomplished what I set out to do is what matters.

I don't think this level of power should exist

Does Logan count? Though I'd think it'smore of a Western than a capeshit

only capeshit i liked was megamind. kind of hate incredibles to be honest

I'll count it. What about Logan made you like it?

I've been putting together a list of non-DC/Marvel superhero movies. Let me know if I'm missing any.

>The Incredibles
>Mystery Men
>Unbreakable
>The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension
>Darkman
>The Toxic Avenger
>The Guyver
>The Rocketeer
>Hancock

Care to explain? I'm trying to understand when capeshit is good.

Unbreakable was grand. I can't think of what your list is missing to be honest.

why did they announce the another incredibles movie so early? I forgot about it but know i am hyped and its coming out like 2019.

in megamind they deconstruct and parody the roles and tropes often seen in capeshit movies and turn it around on its head. the result is a very free-feeling emperor's new groove-like film that's both decently funny and a fresh take on the genre

incredibles felt alot more like a paint-by-numbers capeshit movie. every plot point being predictable as fuck. the only difference being that people hate superheros, even though that trope has been done before by death now too

If by capeshit you mean shit made post 2000, I thought guardians of the galaxy and iron man were pretty neato

I think it's just to build hype. Have you waiting forever, then Keep reminding you to ensure they do well on release.

Fair enough. I see and respect your argument. So what would make capeshit better?

All iron man or just the first one?

First iron man. the one that was before every marvel movie looked the same

also logan, but I didn't think to include it because I don't consider it "capeshit"

The dark knight trilogy because i was 12. Also spider man for the same reason. Literally everything else is garbage

Fair
Why isn't it capeshit to You?
So nostalgia then?

Under The Red Hood was kino

because it's not a movie about a team of superheroes saving the world from doombringing alien#523b. It's a fairly grounded character drama with main characters who are "superheroes". The focus is on the characters, their feelings, and development, not how many GIANT ROBOTS THEY CAN RIP THROUGH OMGSOCOOL

more deconstructions and genre-mixing. less playing it safe and setting movies in the same universe. we don't need another 4000 billionth iron man or dark knight remake.

however i think this genre is beyond saving.

So do you think we could save the avengers by going more with character development and drama or would the setting have to be changed Also?

Haven't seen that one yet unfortunately.

>Unbreakable
>Spider-man
>Spider-man 2
>The Watchmen
>Man of Steel
>Hulk
>Kick Ass
>Kingsmen
>Incredibles

All great in my opinion.

So it needs to be freshener up. you think throwing in actual character development would help like
Suggested?

Was kingsman really capeshit or a playful spy movie though?

The avengers as a whole are beyond saving. But winter soldier was a step in the right direction before civil war mucked it up and turned again into "OMGDIDYOUSEEHOWCOOLANTMANTURNEDGIANT" as the primary enjoyment factor.

Hulk 2003

You aren't wrong. So besides Logan, what are some positive examples of hero films that aren't capeshit?

So far we have
Logan
Unbreakable
Mega Mind

Kingsmen is good, but it's a spy movie, not capeshit...

Raimi's Spider-Man films
Iron Man
Burton's Batman
Unbreakable
Megamind
I actually enjoyed Ghost Rider

Toby McGuire as spiderman was real dope back when I was a kid

Ghost rider was enjoyably dark.
Is it still held in high esteem for You?

it would definetily be a step forward but like said. character development means nothing if the next movie is just going to be mindless action anyway

Would it be accepted if some of the marvel movies went that direction but not others?
For instance, what if Thor and Captain America became focussed more on character development while hulk and iron man kept ripping up bad guys? Would this help shift the genre as a whole to a better place?

If it can be self contained like logan, then it's safe from that effect. My sister had never seen an xmen movie and left Logan sobbing her eyes out.

The Incredibles was the first and last good superhero movie.

Let's hope that happens.

Memes aside, Raimi's Spiderman (specifically 2) is one of those rare films that Sup Forums has a consensus of being pretty good.

Absolute cancer.

>spiderman1,2,3
>timburtons' batman
>incredibles
>xmen1,2
>logan
>begins,dk,dkr

These are only capekino

>HELLBOY
>The Crow
>Tank Girl
>The Phantom
>The Shadow
>Dick Tracy
>The Iron Giant
>TMNT (the original series)

>Sky High
>Spawn
>Masters of the Universe
>Conan
>Red Sonja

>Men in Black
>The Mask
>Kick Ass

plenty
Raimi's Spiderman 1 and 2 were campy but great
Burtons Batman and Batman Returns are straight up great movies
I also enjoyed Batman and Robin and Batman Forever in so bad it's good kind of way
Nolans Batmman movies of course except for TDKR, it sucked balls
X-Men 1 and 2 were decent
Logan was great
as for Marvel, Iron Man 1 and 2, Ant Man, Guardians and first two Captain America flicks were all enjoyable

conan, red sonya and he-man aren't capeshit. they're barbarianshit.