If right-leaning people are so smart how come they suck at art...

If right-leaning people are so smart how come they suck at art? How come musicians mostly lean to the left and are more creative?

The addiction to novelty and emotions is not really a conservative trait. It's also because most artists are populist or pacifists or apathists because it is the most inoffensive to all their prospective fans.

Because coming out in favor of the right destroys your career

Firstly, and briskly, this is not an argument. What you are asking is one of the very most, and has been, subjective opinions of all time- that is what classifies art as "good" or "bad".

Likewise, it is because musicians who lean to the left don't even make their own work, they have other people make their songs and lyrics, and the so-called "artist" performs the vocals, that is, almost all "artists" nowadays who are famous.

>how come they suck at art? How come musicians mostly lean to the left and are more creative?

Don't you have some paint filled eggs/spaghetti-o's to shove into your vagina while you slam "poetry" your way to a pandering blue ribbon?

oh but you're wrong.

t. right wing artist

This. Actors get ostracized unless they lean left

In 1985, social critic named Neal Postman, in the introduction to his book “Amusing Ourselves to Death,” compared two famous dystopian visions: “1984” by George Orwell and “Brave New World” by Aldous Huxley. He noted that though many people thought their visions similar, Huxley and Orwell had very different theories about how people would lose their freedoms.

Orwell thought it would be Big Brother—the all-watching, all-powerful state. Now certainly, in the age of the NSA and TSA, it sounds like he may have been on to something.

But Postman thought Huxley was the one who got it right. Here’s how he put it:

What Orwell feared were those who would ban books. What Huxley feared was that there would be no reason to ban a book, because there would be no one who wanted to read one. Orwell feared those who would deprive us of information. Huxley feared those who would give us so much that we would be reduced to passivity and egoism. Orwell feared that the truth would be concealed from us. Huxley feared the truth would be drowned in a sea of irrelevance. Orwell feared we would become a captive culture. Huxley feared we would become a trivial culture... As Huxley remarked in“Brave New World Revisited,” the civil libertarians and rationalists ever on the alert to oppose tyranny "failed to take into account man's almost infinite appetite for distractions.

In “1984,” people are controlled by inflicting pain. In“Brave New World,” they were controlled by inflicting pleasure. In short, Orwell feared that what we hate will ruin us. Huxley feared what we love will ruin us.

Now, take a good look around the world today, and then ask yourself if art and music are really what we should be concerning ourselves with at this point, or any of the other silly fucking shit we do to keep our minds occupied while the earth is going up in flames.

I don't suck at art- I've made struggles to improve
I am not good enough to be famous though

Because liberals like things that are ultimately useless examples, art, "fashion", woman/culture study degrees. You get the point, the only thing they like that I think is necessary for humans is music.

Because right wing creatives keep their opinions to themselves , as the SJWs would destroy their careers.

People on the right value hard work, they don't really value art. Sometimes they see art as a leisurely activity and a waste of time. Some other things to consider:
>Making art isn't a sign of intelligence
>The phrase "how come" is an indicator of low intelligence
>Donald Trump's IQ is 156 and he's way smarter than you'll ever be

>Donald Trump's IQ is 156 and he's way smarter than you'll ever be

you don't actually believe this, do you?

Fucking hell man, criminally underrated post.

/thread
Flag surprised me though

left wing art is garbage, what left wingers are you talking about other than the SJW propagandists and postmodern trash?

Musicians and most other public figures only parrot who ever is paying them's opinions.

>anons thinking there is no value in art
>every great civilization has embraced art
>justifying being wagecucks and having no artistic talent outside of making memes

right wing art is superior

>Eliot
>Dickens
>Nabokov
>Dostoevsky
>sucking at art

>left wing art is garbage

Name a song you like. 99% of the time, its by a left wing artist.

fucking balls. OP fucking rekt hard. this one almost hurts to read its so true. 14/10

>Now, take a good look around the world today, and then ask yourself if art and music are really what we should be concerning ourselves with at this point

Its part of the media you guys complain about so much, so yes.

Copy pasta, but relevant

so roger waters (the brain of pink floyd) was more right wing red pilled than hitler himself. well well well

>People on the right value hard work, they don't really value art.
Making art goes hand in hand with hard work.

>Making art isn't a sign of intelligence
It might be, especially if you write fiction. It takes intelligence to be able to communicate a well-rounded sense of semiotics and/or to accurately apply social commentary.

>literally an "are you kidding me" argument
Go look it up. But no, I'm sure some random liberal on the internet is smarter. After all, you're a liberal, and liberals are smarter than conservatives. Right?

Donald Trump just randomly became a billionaire one day for no reason. It's just because he's a white male... Right? Required no intelligence or work whatsoever. It was the fuckin' patriarchy again.

>roger waters
>right wing

I mean I guess that makes sense because he was a fucking ass

Because they're to dumb to actually contribute to society

That's still left wing art

Musicians don't have real jobs and need dat welfare.

A lot of concept artists I know tend to be neutral to right wing but most the time don't even care about what side they pick or what it even entails, they're essentially the only modern version of a decent artist. Liberals who know what left and right wing entails are fucking terrible at art.

It revolves around the premise of being inclusive. Back in the day of say the 1600's Rembrandt era tier shit was the fucking bomb, you had to be a good painter or basically you could fuck off. When liberal arts came into the mix it became more inclusive in style and though it started out good it slowly came to what it is today, even with art the left fall unto the slippery slope. Now leftists are the majority in art because of this, they get told they can all do it and thanks to how the left have socially constructed modern art to be good they can slap a 5-7 digit price tag on the thing. Almost everyone when they are toddlers loves drawing and they get backed by a school system which encourages their shit shadow the hedgehog drawings.

god hlel hellgod hell god hell

>strawman

I never said he wasn't intelligent, but the whole 156 IQ bullshit is completely made up.
Trump isn't a conservative anyway, which proves my point.

Makes for a great album

>le r*ddit face
>literally not an argument
are you even trying

>mfw artfag for a living and conservative
>mfw make shitty trump memes on photoshop when not working

Intp here.

Made videos I spent a LOT of time on that got around 1000 youtube views (fiasco for how a 30 minute artistic clip) that was recieved with maybe 20% of people watching saying it was cool as shit and 80% saying wtf was that and turned it off. 60% dislikes.

Now I'm into music and I make some pretty strange songs(that I think are ok(some))..
Afraid I'll just become failed but at least it's funny but I just can't open up like an Porter Robinsson, Avicii, Flume etc. song and just copy the structure somewhat, it doesn't work like that for me.
I can't just take popular professional female vocals from the web.

It needs to be 100% my song.

Is this right wing artist disorder?

It depends what you mean by "left" I would imagine most artists would be more libertarian rather than the authoritarian left we see today.

Look at someone like David Choe, he evidently doesn't care too much about politics and the SJWs tried to ruin him for saying something rapey on his podcast.

Artistry requires a certain level of what what Sup Forums would call degeneracy. Perpetually indignified alt-rights with metal rods up their virgin butts don't have
an affinity for the creative process.

>Thread starts with this idea that liberals are smart because they make art; conservatives aren't smart because they don't
>literally uses a picture of Donald Trump
>denies Trump's 156 IQ
>"Trump isn't a conservative anyway"
Nice backpedaling

Black Metal is pretty right wing and has the most artistic merit of any genre within the last 30 years

>roger waters
>right wing
He's a leftist globalist turbocuck but anti-zionist so the ADL lost their shit.

>another strawman

I said "right-leaning people". I never even mentioned conservative.

You think Trump is a conservative?
hahaha

no, it's enjoying yourself

That means that hundreds of people enjoyed your work though, user! That's more than most!

ur to dumb to write posting

anime

1. You don't know what a strawman is.
2. You deny that right-wing basically means conservative, because you want to make it about superficial word usage instead of actual arguments, once you saw you were losing those.
3. You're pushing the "Trump isn't a true conservative" narrative, like a good little shill.
4. You think "hahaha" is an argument.
5. You're a big retard. End of story.

link faggot

>cuckmany

>art
>music
>smart
lemme guess you think "social intelligence" is a real thing don't you
sorry to burst your bubble but if you're not good at things like strategy, mathematics or science you're not exactly gifted in the intelligence department

>A straw man is a common form of argument and is an informal fallacy based on giving the impression of refuting an opponent's argument, while actually refuting an argument that was not advanced by that opponent.
>ie, you were arguing that I was saying "conservatives aren't smart", which is not what I was arguing at all

Of course, by saying I don't know what a strawman argument is, it really makes you look pretty stupid.

Trump is not a conservative, dude. Even Trump supporters on here will tell you that. He is a nationalist.

Depends on your definition of "smart"

If to you, smart is rapping lines like "I made that bitch famous" or singing "Shake it off" nine times in a row then I have bad news for you

If smart means to make money in finance, from running your own business with workers and enterprise, creating a new good or service then I don't think many of those people lean left

He's the worst. I get it, the wall was a political statement etc blah blah blah but his core audience isn't angry 15 year olds. When I saw him perform the wall, it was 35+ at youngest with some outliers like me, and everytime he made some kind of political statement it was the worst. The who shut their mouths when they played and whatever was left of the doors did the same.

Because creative types smoke weed and weed makes you a pussy

The thing is, it's easier to point out the problem than it is to offer a solution

What's the fix?

It's a bit of both

Saved, brilliant post m8

Nothing in this post is factual

No great artist has ever been wealthy. Not have they ever had any popularity during their lifespan. It's quite hard to live off of "art" in the 21st century. Therefore more gibs = a nicer life while doing something nearly worthless all day. Engineers make real "art" these days.

And Fahrenheit 451, the plebs not wanting to think about challenging issues so instead they watch shit on TV non stop as it's a safe space.

Artist and musicians tend to devote their time to art and music, and hence have no clue what they're talking about when it comes to politics. Also coming out as right wing is career suicide in the entertainment industry

Exactly this. You have no choice in the matter. Your career will get destroyed in the blink of an eye not acting like every other retarded sjw/liberal

fpbp

also throw in that (((artists))) generally market to younger people, and younger people tend towards being liberals