Season 2 confirmed

>season 2 confirmed

Into the trash it goes. They'll drag it out to 5 seasons and it will probably end with glorious feminists taking down Gilead.

Why do they have to add in a black lover, or black best friend into every show these days?

So don't watch it?

>Watch trash
>It's trash!

>le Christainity is EEEEVIL! show

Whst's truly ironic is that the cult basically practices Sharia Law to the letter.

black lesbian best friend

ummm excuse you hun, but mohammad was a feminist

>Completely missing the point of the book/show

The society was made to explicitly mirror sharia law as well as biblical law and how quickly the middle east went to shit with the rise of Islamism when society came under stress. It was written when Iran which was becoming a secular democracy suddenly snapped and went full theocracy and the "moral majority" and christian extremism were gaining power and becoming mainstream in the US to show that we were not immune to the bullshit that happened with Iran. Christian theocracy could just as easily take over the US as sharia did in the middle east and considering half of the opinions on this site is a pretty spot on assessment.

>christian extremism were gaining power and becoming mainstream in the US

>Christian theocracy could just as easily take over the US

Sometimes I wonder what universe liberals live in. . .

>Theocracy could never take over
People in Iran before the revolution would have probably thought the same thing, and remember it was written in the 1980s.

THE BOOK WAS WRITTEN IN THE 1980'S YOU DUMB, 19 YEAR OLD Sup Forums FUCK

THE RELIGIOUS RIGHT WAS AT THE APEX OF ITS POWER DURING THE REAGAN 80'S

DEAR GOD GO READ SOMETHING THAT ISN'T FUCKING Sup Forums THREADS.

how the fuck? The book is 300 pages and the show has already hit like 4 major plot points.

Hollywood is cancer.

Again the fact that you think Iran and the US are in any way analogous is mystifying to me.

Let's see, did Iran have a long established tradition of classical liberalism? Did Iran have a doctrine of the separation between church and state enshrined in its national constitution? Did Iran have sizable populations of people of various religious faiths living within its borders?

Hmmm these questions are really making me think.

>story demonstrates that religious fundamentalists will interpret a single bible verse in whatever context they find convenient in order to further their agenda
>nu-Sup Forums hates it

keep crying, christcucks.

I LOVE the show. It is a HILARIOUS PARODY of what feminists actually believe Trump supporters want.

It's always amusing when a dank memer typing in ALL CAPS tries to act like they're the sensible and mature one.

Yes the religious right was at it zenith in the 80s and what was US culture like at that time? Were women forbidden to show their ankles in public? Were people getting stoned in the street for adultery? No.

Were abortions freely available? Yes.

So there goes your theory about the CHRISTIAN DARK AGES OF THE 1980s!!!!!

You're expecting kids who parents were teenagers in the 1980's to know this

Yeah it's pretty hilarious that so many people sincerely believe that Donald "grab her by the pussy" Trump is some kind of hardcore evangelical Christian fundamentalist.

>Let's see, did Iran have a long established tradition of classical liberalism?
Did the US. Because the way I see it, they didn't actually start fulfilling that ideology until at least the 60s. Between then and now is only 57 years which is nothing in terms of encoding values on a country. It could be rolled back just as easily as it rolled forward.

>Did Iran have a doctrine of the separation between church and state enshrined in its national constitution?
Again, there is a big difference between saying and doing. How long has the US actually separated church and state? Because in the 1900s christcucks went apeshit as they saw themselves loosing their grasp and even today there are many groups that would love to make church law into federal law.

>Did Iran have sizable populations of people of various religious faiths living within its borders?
You are joking right?

Also read this you illiterate retard Are you paying any attention to the argument being stated?

At the end of episode four when all the handmaid's were walking in slow motion and she said that latin phrase and then added "bitches" all I could think in my head was YAAAAAS QUUEEEN SLAAAYY and I couldn't take it seriously

That's what I got from it too.

It's an insight to the unbridled insanity festering in the feminist brain. This show is what feminists believe people that aren't feminists want to turn the world into.

Except for Muslims, of course; feminists are cool with Muslims. Which is ironic because Muslims are about the only ones that actually want to turn the world into something resembling this crappy show.

Jews, user.

Jews.

Alright since it seems like discussing things straightforwardly has no effect let me try to respond in a way you'll understand.

>Did the US. Because the way I see it, they didn't actually start fulfilling that ideology until at least the 60s.

LMAO DO YOU EVEN KNOW WHAT CLASSICAL LIBERALISM IS? DO YOU REALIZE THAT IT IS DIFFERENT THAN PROGRESSIVE LIBERALISM? KEKEKEKE

>How long has the US actually separated church and state?

LITERALLY 241 YEARS. THERE HAS NEVER BEEN A STATE CHURCH IN THE US. DID YOU GRADUATE HIGH SCHOOL? ROFLMAO

>SJW writes novel about literal-minded Christians creating hell on earth for women
>flash forward thirty years later, and it's literal-minded Muslims who are creating hell on earth for women
>SJWs now want to protect the rights of these Muslims
>against Christians
>at the same time they praise a TV version of the original SJW anti-Christian novel, about a hell on earth for women

>LMAO DO YOU EVEN KNOW WHAT CLASSICAL LIBERALISM IS? DO YOU REALIZE THAT IT IS DIFFERENT THAN PROGRESSIVE LIBERALISM? KEKEKEKE

So then what stops them from enacting policies that are technically in line with classical liberalism yet still oppress groups the government doesn't deem worthy of protection such as, oh lets say women.

>LITERALLY 241 YEARS. THERE HAS NEVER BEEN A STATE CHURCH IN THE US. DID YOU GRADUATE HIGH SCHOOL? ROFLMAO
It is important to separate between de-facto and de-jure theocracy. Up until Kennedy the concept of a catholic president was unthinkable. Indian children were torn from their parents en-masse so that they could be Christianized. One of the reasons chinese faces persecution was because christian Americans wouldn't tolerate Buddhism. The government has made numerous laws with religious bias and the people were fanatical to the point where an outright theocracy would have been redundant. You think state church is the end all be all to this but all it does is show you have only a cursory understanding of the subject.

>Thinks its anti-christian
Classic right wing victim complex

>Classic right wing victim complex

You didn't follow the logic trail.

>X is wrong when A does it
>X is okay (or maybe misunderstood) when B does it
Ergo:
>A is wrong, B is okay (or maybe misunderstood)

>Offred is introduced as a racemixer in the 1st 30 seconds of the 1st episode.

Into the trash it goes

>Offred has a huge jew nose
>marries a nigger
muh 6 gorrilian

I heard good things but so far I'm bored by this. It feels pushy and hollow.

>muh religion

It's not about any particular religion, but how it can be used as a form to control the population.