Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WQ_Yo06kIIA
youtube.com/watch?v=tlSnwHExWjk
youtube.com/watch?v=qg-WT8Wg5kI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Kung Fu is BEST GIRL

soundtrack is amazing

She's so much better than the others it's not even a fair competition desu

I agree! I was surprised how much she was featured and kicked ass.

I got total Evil Dead vibes from this movie. The editing was soooo bizarre though. I haven't seen many Japanese movies from this era so I have no point of reference how odd this was.

youtube.com/watch?v=WQ_Yo06kIIA

For anyone curious

SUPERIOR HOUSE COMING THROUGH

Prof and Fantasy are alright

Those two both were randomly naked at times right?

it's pretty fuckin weird even in the cultural context

any similar films to this? not necessarily japanese and/or horror

I really wish this movie just maintained a remotely coherent plot line. I definitely enjoy it but it could have been even better.

Agreed.

uhhh I really don't think so. I wish.

The original Evil Dead and Suspiria

Love this movie.

i love how they cut away from the girl playing the piano with the skeleton for sooo long and then when it came back it was still just dancing in the background

One of those movies I saw late at night on either Amc or TCM, not sure, with absolutely no idea what it was. Thought I was going to get a retro ring, instead I got a live action anime complete with gratuitous fan service.

I'd heard about it on Cinemassacre's Monster Madness and rented it once. Weird movie... but what was even weirder was when I was visiting my mom I'd heard that opening music and thought "the fuck... is that Housu playing?" And sure enough it was. Fucking freaky that it just happened to be on one of the movie channels.

I'd of liked a better ending though.

Kung Fu is best girl, followed by Melody.

Is this better than Onibaba? I am about to download that.

Both Prof and Gorgeous shit on Melody. She's on the same tier as the hungry one.

They're really not comparable movies.

House isn't comparable to anything. It's like a fucking fever dream.

Sweet is second-best girl you faggots.

If fever dreams were mostly just silly. But yeah Onibaba is absolutely nothing like it.

Im going to frame this pic

Good taste

Melody won me over with the piano scene. Just sayin'.

The Metal Gear Rising Revengeance of movies, and I fucking loved every single minute of it

>30 posts in
>no mention of the best soundtrack of all time

youtube.com/watch?v=tlSnwHExWjk

listen to how goddamn groovy that song is, and kung fu is the best character, what a great theme song

It's truly god tier. I love that it sounds a lot like a jrpg soundtrack on acid.

youtube.com/watch?v=qg-WT8Wg5kI

I've been meaning to watch it, is it worth it?

yes

Thats what makes the movie what it is

AMC never aired the film.

You are thinking IFC, which was were the film had it's US TV debut when it finally got a US release around 2009/2010 (I remember, it aired right before IFC went to shit and stopped playing obscure shit and started playing nothing but newer films/added commercials).

TCM later got the TV rights as part of their Criterion deal.