Other urls found in this thread:

jssm.org/combat/1/18/v5combat-18.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=eUx9OE7DZAo
youtube.com/watch?v=FUugLsCSEVc
boxingscene.com/rankings/
thesweetscience.com/feature-articles/22274-boxing-is-like-jazz
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

what round?

Attached: 25009926_143902176269412_5246064576516063232_n.jpg (1080x1146, 149K)

Most recent fighter to die in mma was in 2017

Here's a 2006 study that suggests the risk of injury in general in MMA is comparable to that in professional boxing.
jssm.org/combat/1/18/v5combat-18.pdf

Boxing fans truly are the lowest IQ

wow, who would ever guess getting punched in the head has similar effects to getting kicked in the head?

>
>Most recent fighter to die in mma was in 2017

>Tim Hague, UFC fighter turned boxer, died Sunday after he suffered a serious injury during a boxing match in Canada.

lol

Attached: Screenshot_2018-03-22_09-01-59.png (1671x1025, 311K)

>still too dumb to understand why I posted the study

Attached: 1507408558370.png (408x450, 34K)

You're literally the only one then AJ, on second thought probably eddie too but that's it.

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-03-22 at 12.46.56.jpg (585x491, 85K)

Nobody cares about your WWE sport rainbow flag

whyte, miller... anyone that can delay the wilder fight for as long as possible.

Don't give the filthy Lithuanian (you)s, he too stupid to understand why mma is much less dangerous.

Anyone here tried both sports? MMA is pretty weak compared to boxing and guys that do MMA really can't take punches. I tried MMA for close to a year then went back to boxing.

The only way it's palatable is if Whyte beats Wilder to get the WBC belt which won't happen

>the man with the strongest punch on the planet is an mma fighter
>the guy who won against him took more than several clean hits to the face

Attached: 1507428132684.png (586x578, 37K)

Who /reptile/ here?

Attached: johann-duhaupas.jpg (768x432, 284K)

Looked promising at one point but has lost to all the big competition he's faced

Ngannou's punches are nothing compared to a decent HW boxer's, just like McGregor was a total featherfist in comparison to Mayweather (a featherfist himself)

Ngannou is comparable to Izu Ugonoh. First big African that swings that comes along and millions of teenagers wet themselves.

>Ngannou's punches are nothing compared to a decent HW boxer's
I'm waiting for the argument

There's a guy called Eje Ajagba coming up who fits that profile too

Stop responding jesus

>UFC's heavyweight division is dominated by a regional Golden Gloves champion

Lmao imagine what a boxer with some proper pedigree would do to that bunch of bums

at what point will aj fans admit he's ducking deontay?

A boxer would get heemed in seconds with leg kicks and takedowns

If a world class boxer spent just a year or two learning the rudiments of kickboxing and wrestling they would dominate MMA. Simply a higher calibre of athlete

If we're still in this position at the start of 2019. As a boxing fan I'd obviously love the fight ASAP but it's clear what Hearn's plan is and it makes sense in terms of generating the biggest audience possible. Sky Sports is currently promoting Wilder more heavily than he's probably been promoted in his career so far in America. They wouldn't bother with all this stuff if they didn't intend to fight him, and relatively soon

I think he has to take the fight next. Eddie's saying either Wilder in October or Miller in August then Wilder in December but I don't think you can do that without looking like you're swerving it. My opinion on the fight depends on how the Parker fight goes, if he's a bit sluggish again and Parker is still there in round 10,11,12 and it's like Takam then that's probably not good enough. If he's lean and mean and is unloading and the fight finishes with Parker down then I'd probably say Joshua can neutralise Wilder and put him down. It will be a revealing fight.

Stop responding you fucking retards.

>but I don't think you can do that without looking like you're swerving it

They won't mind taking a bit of heat for a few months that will ultimately make the fight even bigger. Mayweather vs Pacquiao and Canelo vs Golovkin have set the blueprint - marinating big fights until the fans are absolutely begging for it is how to maximise your profits

No, this is just MayPac all over again. All of the ducking smack talk is just to generate interest like it was then.

here is the UFC heavyweight champ with the most defenses in history getting BTFO by fat retired Ray Mercer

youtube.com/watch?v=eUx9OE7DZAo

the conversation is over, homie.
stop giving the fag reasons to keep posting.

Frampton vs Donaire is now for the WBO Interim. I can't complain about potentially getting Valdez vs Frampton but the WBO is so transparently corrupt it's unreal. Boxing would be significantly better if they were de-recognised and reduced to IBO level again

Which sanctioning body is the lesser evil in your opinion? For me it's the WBC even with their blatant favouritism towards Mexicans and Don King

Will you retarded pillowfisters still say the same shit after floyd gets raped? This has been happening since literally 1992

1. IBF
2. WBC
3. WBO
4. WBA

You have to take the bad with the good and the consequence of the IBF actually having good rules is a shit mandatory from time to time. That's a sacrifice worth having though.

WBO isn't a real belt

They all script the rankings to favour champions and promoters. IBF is the least corrupt about rules but their mandatories are often shit.

Floyd's a middle aged man and he's only training for a few months. He still has a better chance at beating McGregor in MMA than McGregor did at beating him in boxing. There's a key aspect of MMA in which Mayweather has the upper hand over McGregor, but there's no element of boxing in which McGregor had the upper hand. Plus Floyd is the all-round superior athlete, even at age 41

But what I'd actually be interested to see is a young world class boxer making the full time transition to MMA and coming up like a normal prospect. I don't believe that has ever happened before, and it would be much more illustrative about boxing's value as a base martial art than crossover freak shows in which the boxer has had nowhere near enough time to prepare

Whyte Browne final press conference youtube.com/watch?v=FUugLsCSEVc

Look at their rankings here: boxingscene.com/rankings/

The WBC is the only one that remotely resembles reality, and they do enforce mandatories pretty frequently too

The WBA has ludicrous rankings and everyone hates that "super", "regular", "interim" shit, but they do actually tend to have strong champions, certainly much stronger than the WBO

AJ vs the true p4p king.

The real fight fans want to see

Attached: 4c7b2474e5b08900cc2b21cebfcbb11e.jpg (1080x1080, 73K)

only man wilder couldn't ko, truly the goat.

Post kino-like boxing articles

>thesweetscience.com/feature-articles/22274-boxing-is-like-jazz

>There's a key aspect of MMA in which Mayweather has the upper hand over McGregor
nah, mma striking is way different
>Plus Floyd is the all-round superior athlete, even at age 41
How did you even come to this conclusion
>I don't believe that has ever happened before
I think Fabio Maldonaldo, Jan Nortje and maybe Alexander Ustinov qualify for this

fuck off with the mma shit.

Thanks for proving pillowfisters are over-sensitive pussies

oooooh no no no

Attached: the virgin family.png (1255x671, 595K)

List of WBO heavyweight champions

1. Francesco Damiani
2. Ray Mercer
3. Michael Moorer (vacated immediately so he could go after a real belt)
4. Tommy Morrison
5. Michael Bentt
6. Herbie Hide
7. Riddick Bowe (only after losing his real world titles to Holyfield)
8. Henry Akinwande
9. Herbie Hide (again)
10. Vitali Klitschko (while he was green and nobody gave a shit about him)
11. Chris Byrd
12. Wlad (while he was green also)
13. Corrie Sanders
14. Lamon Brewster
15. Siarhei Liakhovich
16. Shannon Briggs
17. Sultan Ibragimov
18. Wlad again (fair enough this time, he was an established elite guy at this point)
19. Tyson Fury (also fair enough)
20. Joseph Parker

The wbo have had 2 good champions EVER, one of whom promptly decided to cheat, get fat and leave boxing for a couple of years.

Showtime tried to claim Lewis wasn't undisputed because Vitali had the WBO title, which he won off Herbie Hide. Might as well say Wilder can't be undisputed because he doesn't have the WBF

Attached: JUST.png (600x496, 299K)

I guarantee you Haymon is involved in this UFC shit

Reminder that Crawford was NOT undisputed because Indongo made the horrendous move of dropping the IBO title after winning it from Troyanovsky.

>tfw started playing Fight Night Round 3 on PS2
It's great

Joshua beats Wilder
Wilder beats Parker
Parker beats Joshua

Screencap this

>I think Fabio Maldonaldo, Jan Nortje and maybe Alexander Ustinov qualify for this

Ustinov maybe. I didn't know he'd done MMA. But it still seems to be a case of a past-prime boxer dabbling in MMA for some final paydays rather than a young boxer fully transitioning

>How did you even come to this conclusion

His speed, power, coordination, spatial awareness, timing, reflexes, etc., are patently on another level to McGregor's

>His speed, power, coordination, spatial awareness, timing, reflexes, etc., are patently on another level to McGregor's
In boxing

Those are not relative qualities

>not relative qualities
One of the dumbest things I've ever read
You realise you can't be as fast in mma? You need to be 10x as careful
Timing and reflexes are sport specific, both of these qualities are based on pattern recognition, his reflexes and timing in mma would be way worse
If by spatial awareness you're referring to the way floyd navigates the ring then again this is useless as even the combat
zone in mma is different

Why are we arguing about lay and pray vs boxing again?

Holy shit shut the fuck up you lonely sad boy

Ryan Garcia later on lads

Attached: ryan-garcia-vargas (2).jpg (720x552, 213K)

Hahahahahahaha you're so dumb

Frampton and Donaire should be a fun fight

Attached: frampton-donaire-1.jpg (720x423, 37K)

Hug and Chug (Spunk)

I wonder how heem would react if I posted this pic

Attached: 30c5be9bcb9e45d1fbb9d9da4e08948b.jpg (1080x1080, 96K)

reme,ber when davies was blown tfo?

remember haye vs bellew press conference scousers?

More level-headed than pillow babies

Attached: fuck off.webm (2038x616, 1.26M)

I wonder if this autistic child has the comprehension to understand he spent 4 hours of his life arguing with strangers and neither he nor the strangers gained anything from it.

>replying to cancer from the most cancerous general on this site

Attached: Get a load of this faggot.jpg (768x432, 67K)

>IBF mandatory shit

Someone tell that to degale, I cannot believe truax is a big underdog again

Are you the Burger King champ in career mode yet?

I hope Truax knocks him out. Warren will probably get him arrested on RICO charges too

Is this guy hiding boxing post? Makes sense

>your faggot obsession with some bum is a boxing post.
throw a trip on so i can just filter you completely.

I've missed Fight Night Champion badly since I got a PS4. The ballache of having to deal with each individual boxer's image rights is probably why there isn't a new one.

I agree. It is a week fight

Isn't Floyd putting the cash up for a new one supposedly?
Fight Night 4 and champons were great games, shame my mates never wanted to play because I always whooped their arses

>being this casual
Choke to death on cocks

I really don't think he has the power to KO him but tko isn't out of the question. It was funny watching degale in the first fight struggle to land a clean punch from distance on this little trex motherfucker

Is that autism?

no, but this is.

Attached: garcia05.jpg (1200x857, 138K)

Ryan Garcia will be huge simply because he's so marketable. Oscar is seeing dollar signs with this kid and will fix as many fights as he has to to get that cash.

Attached: GarciavsJones1.jpg (500x334, 166K)

in fairness Stipe has the most defenses in mma history at hw now. Still looks kinda silly for mma, but let's be correct.

WBC has a terrible black mark on them in just the past year for the Nery fight. Not to mention their prez getting mad at GGG talking shit about clenelo pissing hot. They're not good.

heem makes fun of mcgregor all the time for this

ODLH always looks like hilarious in the background of these photos lmao

Al Haymon needs to slip something into the management contracts about image rights for video games being sold as a package

Arum hinted there may be another in the works in his ama.

Every time I see his cheeky smile in the background I wonder if he's wearing women's underwear

I genuinely think he could have had a belt, with a higher financial support and better promotional choice.
Shouldn't have tried to take Povetkin with no preparations, still hope he's gonna get Miller.

when you people say that hurd will stop lara, you're just memeing right?

Attached: lara v hearns ko.webm (640x360, 2.61M)

Sounds like a legit match up for Jr Eubank

I hope so

>hey user, tell your sister to watch my fight tonight, and follow me on Instagram!

Degale will be fighting Eubank jr for the Vacant IBO World Championship by the end of the year

Not yet just got sponsor by Under Armour

Can you throw a punch in the liver from the front only or do you have to aim for the side?

It's like diagonal lower right, right where the ribs end, you need to throw a left hook sort of upwards into it