In the year 1066 William the Misbegotten and his fellow Normans stormed into England, took wald from the Angle-Saxan...

>In the year 1066 William the Misbegotten and his fellow Normans stormed into England, took wald from the Angle-Saxan, and set up a new, French-speaking lordship. Owing to this, French words bled into English over the yearhundreds, often taking the stead of inborn words with alike meanings. Today we can hardly speak English without leaning on French borrowings, and many folks are even unaware that English is in truth a Thedish tongue. Inborn words are reckoned to score between only 20 and 33 hundredths of our overall wordstock (though our everyday speech is still mostly Thedish).
>The Anglish undertaking seeks to heal English, and rid it of its outlandish crutch. We do this in three ways: first, we choose to brook the inborn words we still have over alike outlandish words ("split" instead of "separate"); twoth, we breathe life back into dead words (Old English "wuldor" [splendour] becomes "wolder"); third, we twist words and make new meanings ("firsty" becomes "original").
WE

Other urls found in this thread:

crwflags.com/fotw/flags/it-genoa.html#over
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I visited Hastings. It's okish.

Suck my theohstaff, Norman rot

what a cucked tongue lol

suck has a latin root haha

Wrong.

french influence is just as english as norse latin and celtic influence, it is heretical to just focus on the french

why don't they speak anglish already

you don't let one crazy person control the language of a few hundred million people

why would we do the same

I think I know that flag... But something about it is odd. Almost like the colours are inverted.

Switzerland?

Nnoope.. that's not it.
What's that over yonder?

It's.. It's an actual flag!
My golly.. That is beautiful!
I sure hope no one steals it.

our flag is from genoa

I see norway finally fixed their flag, the blue cross in the middle looked weird

Proofs?

Hmm... What this?!
Get out of here, Genoa!

crwflags.com/fotw/flags/it-genoa.html#over

Godt lortebrevet min ven.

> Normans
Scandinavian Roots
> Anglo Saxons
Scandinavian Roots
> French language
Evolved from the Latin after Gaul was conquered by the Romans
WE