youtube.com/watch?v=nixR6wVa4HY
youtube.com/watch?v=fwNpaONjSaY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Yeah, baby!

Saw all of these multiple times as a kid, can't remember anything about them

Been meaning to rewatch to see if they hold up

Do I mke you randy?

They should make a fourth one

Have the movie and tone be all dark like the Craig films but Austin is still the same goofy guy

Austin Powers 4 when?

Austin Powers had so many things that were virtually real life memes before memes were a thing.

I couldn't even count the amount of catch phrases people kept repeating from it when Spy who Shagged me came out.

The 1st one is better but I remember the sequel having a much more significant cultural impact and I'm positive it made more money.

If the Austin Powers series had been released in the last 5 years what Sup Forums memes would we have got from it?

MFW was 11 when this came out.

This is too smart for Hollywood, but I'd definitely download and watch this

Best Austin Powers? 1, 2, or 3?

I was 2

Why wasn't this made in 2007?

Holy fuck I feel old now.

I don't even own A gun, let alone many guns that would necessitate an entire rack.

Lets hope on the good foot and do the bad thing baaaby

Do people really want an Austin Powers 4? I feel like it'd go the way of Zoolander 2 if it were to actually be greenlit.

1>>>>>>>>>>>>>>the only good part of 3 was the spoof where all those a-listers showed up

Zoolander is my favorite movie. haven't seen Zoolander 2. Does it gay?

>Real life memes before memes were a thing

Memes have existed since human culture has. They aren't an internet thing. Anything that catches on and spreads from person-to-person by word of mouth is a meme, sociologically speaking.

youtube.com/watch?v=zd11cRuljMk

How can this not put a smile on your face?

If you love 1 do not watch 2. Fight the temptation to watch it.

youtube.com/watch?v=J5e8YqQihCU

the sequence at the beginning of 2 with doctor evil + scott on jerry springer is top tier cinema

Well we all know the term was coined by Richard Dawkins, but I always considered our internet "memes" to be a collective inside type of joke. Not that you'd ever want to fucking talk or reference Sup Forums outside of Sup Forums, but if you did, people wouldn't get what you were joking about.
I know it's not the actual definition, but I prefer it to mean "joke/reference that users of a website get/understand that outsiders don't". It's just kinda cringey when you hear people IRL say "respect mah authoritah" or "get in mah belly"

>If the Austin Powers series had been released in the last 5 years what Sup Forums memes would we have got from it?

If it came out in the last 5 years it would have been panned and forgotten. That type of comedy isn't popular anymore

Yeah, it would have to parody current James Bond, not the good ones.

Current audiences don't like slapstick or silly humor anymore, and parodies will still have to wait a few more years until the taint from Jason Friedberg and Aaron Seltzer fades from memory

1>2>mediocre>3

youtube.com/watch?v=jMIDpJ8H7H0

>Maybe work in a petting zoo?
>An evil petting zoo?
>YOU ALWAYS DO THAT!

>a tongue in cheek reboot poking fun at the concept of reboots

Fund it

yeah this new generation is fucking dull

Blame the chinese, or more hollywood for only making movies to pander to the chinese.

Comedy is very culturally specific, and even sub cultures may not even like the same type of comedy. This is not a lucrative type of movie for hollywood to make as the chinks won't want to see a movie they don't understand.

But explosions and action and shootouts translate the same in every language

Honestly this is the best scene in any film that satirizes Bond villains.

>That type of comedy isn't popular anymore
Movies like the Love Guru killed these types of crude comedies

>this is the best scene in any film

fixed

If they were to make a fourth one, they should Terry Crews or some other funny black dude play Austin for a scene. That way they can preemptively parody the idea of a black guy playing Bond.

insanely good, underrated movies no matter how much people like it

Always got me mad, why didn't they make more? I'm sure the third film sold well enough to continue with a sequel.

>back when movies were just about fun and a little entertainment
no way this movie would ever get green lit today

youtube.com/watch?v=SjnWOnJK-zw
"HERRO RA-RA!"

>"HOW BOUT NO?"
>Scotty don't
>the mole
>"The details of my life are quite inconsequential... very well, where do I begin? My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. My childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When I was insolent I was placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds- pretty standard really. At the age of twelve I received my first scribe. At the age of fourteen a Zoroastrian named Vilma ritualistically shaved my testicles. There really is nothing like a shorn scrotum... it's breathtaking- I highly suggest you try it."
>preparation H
>the Jerry Springer scene at the beginning of Spy Who Shagged Me
>Alotta Fagina

what's your favorite Austin Powers joke, Sup Forums?

Tent scene.

Most memorable.

>These films are just fucking boobs

I remember watching this movie on VHS every night three times in a row for an entire summer break. I never got tired of it. The sequels weren't nearly as good and didn't have the same rewatchability. I've been feeling a little nostalgic tonight so maybe I'll track this down.

>the therapy group?
>I had them liquidated

THEY BETTER NOT

LEAVE IT BE HOLLYWOOD.

I've been thinking about it a lot lately. Obviously the sequel would have to be with Austin's child. A daughter would be an interesting twist, with the same sexual humour (nothing disgustingly crude, all tongue in cheek.) Austin has lost his mojo with age, and that mojo is needed to unlock Dr. Evil's cache of world-destroying weapons. Felicity Shagwell has been kidnapped and is being held hostage, locked behind the same mojo guard as doctor evil's vault. The mysterious villain wants Austin to unlock it to give him access to the weapons. Austin realizer he never had any children, and now he can't as he wouldn't pass on any mojo. Basil exposition convinces a pre-international man of mystery austin to impregnate a girl in the 60's, who he then travels to the late 70's to collect. She's a child of the free love and sex era, Austin's daughter, Tina Powers, played by Hayley Atwell (Tina, like, t-n-a, get it?). She's a womanizing, sassy counterpart, and they team up to free Felicity and stop this villain. When they reach the vault, inside is not felicity but a frozen Dr Evil, who informs them that his own son, Scott Evil, has felicity and only needed the unlock to get his nuclear codes. The game is on!

Thread theme
youtube.com/watch?v=T5ALPzS0QfQ

Man I love this movie so much. I miss comedies like this in general. Any recommendations to scratch my itch?

I turned 39 on Sunday, thinking back to 1997 when I still felt hope for the future.....

Austin Powers
The Fifth Element
Batman & Robin
LA Confidential
Star Wars Trilogy re-release
Boogie Nights
Good Will Hunting
Men In Black
Titanic
Starship Troopers

Videostores, didn't waste time on Sup Forums, movie theaters arcades. I miss that era and everything since 2000 has been shit because we fell into the darkest timeline!!!FACT!!!

Easy peasy lemon squeezy

1>3>2

2 introduced Mini Me and Fat Bastard, I'll give it that, but it made the mistake of "You guys liked Dr. Evil? Well, let's make 90 percent of the movie Dr. Evil!", when he's much better in small doses. Plus, the jokes just didn't hit as well for me as for 1 and 3, for whatever reason.

>what's your favorite Austin Powers joke, Sup Forums?
the guy getting run over by the steamroller

These scenes never got old.

>Oh my lord! Look at that thing!
>It's so big!
>I've seen bigger..

>Mike Meyers plays an aged Austin in a movie that takes the piss out of the Craig movies
I'd be OK with this

1 was the best movie but for some reason 2 was the movie that everyone remembers. Not saying it was bad but it wasn't nearly as good as the first. 3 was OK until the retarded ending

Where is dr evil hiding?

>2 was the movie that everyone remembers.
2 had a bigger marketing campaign
the first one was releasex as a typical snl castmember movie, the sequel was marketed as a bonafide franchise

Very few parodies ever hit the mark, they need to be capable movies on their own without the references to the original. For some reason Hollywood finds it very haRd to be able to do that

Airplane naked gun NATM

he looks like voldemort

comfy Sup Forums stream of the Austin Powers trilogy WHEN!?!?

it's not like hollywood doesn't still make comedies ya goof.

Any Mel Brooks movie should work, some of the best spoofs ever

Hurley hasn't aged a day

Who...does...number two...work for?

That's because she's a Fembot.

more like mummybot

This and the subtitle joke from Goldmember are underrated.

Unrelated to thread but I watched Drugstore Cowboy and Heather Graham is fucking perfect.

Have you seen boogie nights? It's great

I actually haven't

They do, I rewatched them a couple weeks ago and laughed like a madman

wtf happened at the end again? i remember goldmember biting the bullet in a really dumb way

He gets arrested by Beyonce but doesn't die.

Reminder that the US version of the film changes and removes scenes and is the inferior version.

SHMOKE AND A PANCAKE

that would have only worked if we allowed women action heros in the last 20 years.

what would be better is if he had a bastard son who was completely asexual or thinks he is because his mom drilled all this rape culture bullshit into his head.

True.

Studied abroad in China and had a Chinese gf, she liked to watch Korean dramas so I thought she could handle foreign movies

Watched Superbad with her, and she was just confused the entire time.

Bong and a blintz?

>Hello Austin, how was your honeymoon?
>It turns out Vanessa was a fembot!
>Yes..we knew all along sadly

>How can this not put a smile on your face?
The only thing people do together in London nowadays is praying to Allah. The video makes me sad.

>you now remember doing Austin/Dr Evil/Fat Bastard impressions with your friends in primary school

Mike Myers used to be a legit comedy genius

What happened?

I always liked the whole "WHO DOES NUMBER TWO WORK FOR?!" scene, Tom Arnold really helped sell that one. The steamroller scene was pretty good, as was the 500-point turnaround.

Michael York's deadpan delivery was great for that part.

I know it's just a two minute "lol, fattie farting in scottish" joke, but hell, it's a classic.
youtube.com/watch?v=nixR6wVa4HY

He is great.
youtube.com/watch?v=fwNpaONjSaY

The REAL question is who is the best Austin Powers girl?

Elizabeth Hurley, Heather Graham, or Beyoncé?

hahaha that's so reddit!

Sometimes rating isn't necessary and this is one of those cases. They're all god tier.

God this place has gone to shit.

1. Heather Graham
2. Elizabeth Hurley
3. Mimi Rogers
4. Beyoncé

1 and 2 are a hard choice though, probably like a 0.1 difference for me

3 > 1 >>>>>>>>>>> 2

>"I chose not to have children, because they'd be white..."
>"...and also because I'm a dyke with male pattern baldness."