Mike and Rich are inarguably the smartest members of RedLetterMedia. And yet, they have the shittiest taste in film...

Mike and Rich are inarguably the smartest members of RedLetterMedia. And yet, they have the shittiest taste in film. How is this possible?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sTqSkEbY_N8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

They both like star trek more than they like any film

They're assholes

All reviewers should be executed.

They're possibly the most cynical, but as far as I know we don't have all their IQ's listed or some shit

Rich has pretty good taste in film. It's Jay who dwells in that slasher b-movie crowd. Mike has some weird choices but he usually manages to justify them pretty well.
I find it hilarious that some Roland Emmerich/Zack Snyder fanboy has the brass balls to pretend someone else had bad taste. You're the one with the cognitive dissonance, not the rest of the world.

>Rich evans
>smart

He's nothing more than a meme

>I find it hilarious that some Roland Emmerich/Zack Snyder fanboy has the brass balls to pretend someone else had bad taste. You're the one with the cognitive dissonance, not the rest of the world.

Who are you talking to?

So Jessie and Mike just broke up, right? She didn't notice people staring at her feet pics online and disappeared herself, they just broke up right?

Why do you guys constantly talk about these people, they have the shittiest VHS collection.

They're smart enough to realize watching dull, boring, black and white foreign films is dull and boring.

the 400 blows and night of the hunter are my favorites btw

I think the post was linked properly. Are you having trouble with the website?
Nope, Jay confirmed they're still together on his growlr.

Jay seemed like a Jackd type of a guy.

Why would you automatically assume that I'm a Roland Emmerich/Zack Snyder fanboy? That's an odd assumption to pull out of thin air.

No it isn't.

Yeah, it is.

RLM are the only critics i consistently agree with. All the other critics are too busy huffing their own farts

Because they have a semi popular youtube channel and are the only ones bothering to do a mix of funny/stupid/insightful reviews. i guess there's nostalgia critic but his voice makes me want to claw my ears off

Because most smart people are intelligent enough to not get assblasted about movies not being exactly what they want.

Mike said he liked independace day 2, which is probably roland emmerich's 3rd or 4th most trash movie, which is saying something.

>Nope, Jay confirmed they're still together on his growlr.
Jay's gay?

How do you even know Rich's taste? He pretty much never critiques movies (outside of Best Of The Worst)

Agreed how the hell could might actually like Independence Day 2?

That was one of the worst movies I've ever seen it wasn't even bad in a fun way either it was just horrible.

he likes stupid action movies (but the fast furious franchise is too much apparently?)

>Mike and Rich are inarguably the smartest members of RedLetterMedia.
Talking smart and actually being smart are two different things. Actions speak louder than words. You likely overestimate them.

Because they know that their job is to act as friend simulators/trend bellwethers for people with little or no taste. The less smart members think they should demonstrate critical integrity and say what they really think. Mike and Rich know to tickle peasants' bollocks.

Yeah that seems inconsistent.

I guess it's because he thought the original was stupid but took itself seriously so he enjoyed watching it make a mockery of itself in the sequel.

I assume he didn't like the Fast and the Furious ever so he's never had to think about it as something that's been held in high regard undeservingly. Shit I don't know

and Jay is the dumbest lel

Mike isn't smart. He's a coward and a nitpicker.
Rich isn't smart. He's a cynical 44 year old video game player.
Neither aids nor Beardfat are smart. One is married and the other works at a movie theater in his late 30's.

Jay is the smartest but he's clearly a fuckup that is bad at everything he's tried on his own.

Because "kino" is for pseuds.

u care that much to go into every thread u see and post the same crap? shitposters deserve to be executed.

Jay is the most knowledgeable, Mike is the most clever, and Rich just happens to be correct most of the time

Id say rich has some value. More than anybody would believe. If you watch the videos, he can pull the theme or the purpose out of the most vague film. Id say hes probably the best analyst of the group. Jay and mike do pretty will with their analyses but I think rich is on another level.

You don't need to be gay to use growlr, but it helps.

t. Gilchrist

>Shittiest taste
Right, just because he rated one of your shitty Hollywood films poorly.

Rich is a straight up moron. Mike and Jay have a mind for trivia but I don't think either are particularly smart. Smarter than Wizard for sure but not smart.

Rich is legitimately a stupid person and he's the worst kind of stupid person, the kind that is loud and super opinionated and refuses to admit they're wrong. The fat piece of shit can't even pronounce basic words correctly then when people tell him the correct pronounciation he says the words are wrong and he's right and keeps saying them wrong like a fat babbling mongoloid. He's also 40 years old and acts like a petulant child. He's an embarrassment.

after hearing rich talk on stream a few times im pretty sure he is really fucking stupid

>smart
they are all literally average normie plebs. none of them have good taste at all.

After he did this a bunch of times like two months ago I donated two dollars and called him a fat retard and told him to buy a linguistics book. Strangely he didn't read that tip out loud and his little cuckboy mod Octojay banned me shortly after. I don't know why I was just trying to help.

they are all like that though did you see the multiple rogue one videos released one after the other defending themselves? who gives a shit if people disagree? playing sarcasm and insulting anyone who disagrees with you is sad.

>when you realize taste in movies is purely subjective and has no correlation with intelligence but that was the only you had

He was smart enough to garb onto Mike's coattails

>waahhh, why didn't they like BVS

they seem to be afraid of watching movies which will challenge their way of being

movies are a safe space for internet critics

* genre movies

>Mike has some weird choices but he usually manages to justify them pretty well.

>TFA is total shit but I love it. 2 thumbs up!
cancer

>TFA is total shit but I love it. 2 thumbs up!
No, you see, that's what your brain constructed after the review out of sheer stupidity. Probably a coping mechanism.

Their comments and criticisms on movies/kinos is pretty spot on most of the time. Once they start talking about blockbuster/popcorn flicks they become like all other reviewers where they judge it less harshly. I don't give a fuck they're entertaining.

kek reddit letter media drones get so defensive

>Mike has some weird choices but he usually manages to justify them pretty well
muh fun shlock. Also Rich Evans joke, Star Trek reference and lame pun.

>Watching Star Trek means you're smart
lol

lel, channel awesome autists argue like 8 year olds.

>things that didn't happen in that review.
Let's be honest here, he liked a movie you didn't and you took it personal. That's usually what Sup Forums does with reviewers, so it wouldn't shock me if you were visiting us from there.

>What did you think of it Mike
>It was everything I wanted it to be

>Ironic viewing is obviously what is at play here, and the researchers found it is mostly film buffs who watch trash films, which would make sense, as very often their enjoyment comes down to analyses of production values, dialogue and plot structure.

>"To such viewers, trash films appear as an interesting and welcome deviation from the mainstream fare", says Sarkhosh. "We are dealing here with an audience with above-average education, which one could describe as 'cultural omnivores'. Such viewers are interested in a broad spectrum of art and media across the traditional boundaries of high and popular culture."

Mate we all make mistakes. Terrible sinful mistakes.

Even directors like Roland shitmmerich are 100 times the director Mike "spac3 cop" Stoklasa can ever dream of being

Pretty sure Mike stoklasa enjoyed films in the past by both those directors you just mentioned, fuckface. Love it when people think their opinions are completely right, when it's clearly the exact opposite.

This is accurate. i sometimes watch RLM to see the perspective of the average IQ pleb moviegoer.

mike is genius

Talk to the critic, who is making clipless reviews money!

So because I like movies like Die Hard and Predator I'm a genius?

>Die Hard
>Predator
>trash
Clearly you're NOT a genius if you think those films are bad.

>youtube.com/watch?v=sTqSkEbY_N8

how can anyone hate these sassy fuckers?

Rich is a lummox who was a construction worker prior to his best friend/bully hitting the internet lottery.

Mike made Space Cop. Proving he has no brain to know better than to produce it.

I would say Jay is the smartest, but only in his encyclopedic knowledge of horror movies and their cast and crew. Which is an entirely worthless talent.

>Rich was a construction worker
is this real?

He's mentioned it a few times on Pre-Rec streams. The hard hat he wears sometimes on Half in the Bag isn't just a RLM studio prop. Its his old hard hat from his construction worker days.

>intellectual ability translates into good taste in art

Being smart in a group of mediocare people doesn't mean anything.

Also Mike is the smartest person, he creates the most valuable content, Redlettermedia only exists because of his Plinkett reviews.
Second is Aidsmoby, for getting patreons and dumb redditors to pay money and get a stable income.

The rest is pretty expandable.

Can you imagine being so worthless that when your old friends ask what you can bring to the table to their internet videos you show up with an old hat from your last job?

His stabbing voice and annoying laugh were likely intended to be a special appearance then he forced his way in somehow, probably blackmail.

that explains why hes so handy but i don't know it doesn't sound right. Rich is actually a pretty smart guy, he's funny, interesting and all round charismatic. How could all he have done was construction work?

I heard he had a shitty up bringing with fucked up parents so he had to grow up with his grandma instead and even then he had to cook his own food as a young child as seen in the fire safety video.

He has also mentioned he worked at a grocery store.

i hope in his youth for part time work or something.

What streams of pre rec is this information from?

>tfw to intelligent to watch good movies

>Rich is actually a pretty smart guy, he's funny, interesting and all round charismatic.

Karin? Is that you?

He's not really that smart, don't let knowledge of films and comics fool you into thinking that. He could probably have done better for himself, though.

ignoring him being goofy and acting like an idiot and making a fool of himself he's quite charming.

Screaming like an idiot while pretending to laugh and telling his audience to go fuck themselves as he plays video games poorly on live streams does not make one charismatic or charming. Quite the opposite in fact.

underrated post

>let's le pretend it was a bad movie
It was miles ahead of Rogue One, at least.

>Can you imagine being so worthless that when your old friends ask what you can bring to the table to their internet videos you show up with an old hat from your last job?
No, but it seems you have given this a lot of thought. Why do these people upset you so much, lad? Giving your favorite movie a bad review doesn't mean you have to take it personally.

>Aidsmoby, for getting patreons and dumb redditors to pay money
Clearly you have constructed some fantasy lore about this shit and you decided to share it with the group.

Nobody likes your game "reviews", Rich, get back to stirring cement.

Oh sure, user. Your personal enemy Rich is here to antagonize you. They're all out to get you, bro. If you take your ritalin it means they've won.

>defending some balding fat armpit stain even ironically
BACK THE FUCK OFF????