The Man in The High Castle

How good is
>pic related?

Did they fuck up all the things?

Is it just leftist 'Muh Nazis are so evil' shit?

Other urls found in this thread:

telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/8932197/Pearl-Harbour-memo-shows-US-warned-of-Japanese-attack.html
youtube.com/watch?v=YekQIyZdmVo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>inb4 'watching the serialised jew'

I know, I know. But the premise seems promising even if the outcome is already clear.

Good series but way too much random filler which should of been cut out.

It looks like a soviet cruiser.

No, they don't have any SJW characters, kike and womyn are just manipulated by higher powers, japanese and German heroes are literally top tier, also, Fuhrer himself makes a cameo appearance and is badass as fuck.

Really?

A good friend of mine (No interest in politics or history. Knows nothing about any of that aside from the stuff taught in schools and shown every once in a while.) started watching it and called it frighteningly authentic.
I assumed that means that every non-black male is 'muh evil nazi' who punches kids for fun and steals candy and every womyn and black gentleman is a hero who resists.

So this is a Sup Forums approved series?

Very good acting, atmosphere and story to some extent

There is some silliness though

Not bad!

it has niggers in it.
garbage

They wouldn't put it on the air if it suggested that the world might be a better place if the Nazis had won. Besides you know they are going to act like no attitudes would have changed since 1942, which is ridiculous. Even if the Nazis had won there have been 2-3 generations since and culture would have moved forwards, it wouldn't be a bunch of goose-stepping and banners.

its relatively true to the book. i can see why they've made the departures that they have, and they're good. it could run for a few seasons whereas if they kept 100% of the book narrative, obviously, the show would come to a premature end. and it may have been sort of boring getting there because a lot of the characters would be cut-outs as is typical of a PKD novel.

he wrote during a time when sci-fi was used to tell christian/western morality tales, not jewish one-worlder propaganda like star trek TNG. as a result the characters are all simple archetypes and the purpose was to show interacting forces for good and evil. today sci-fi is for getting useful idiots emotionally attached to impossible realities.

It wasn't bad. The Nazi's actually came off rather nicely done. I honestly didn't see them as bad guys. Just as an opposing faction. And one of the Nazi's is actually incredibly likeable. In fact, the "main characters" piss me off. And the parts with the Nazi commander were great.

Hitler is actually the good guy in this series.

Not kidding.

Well, Obergruppenführer Smith actually seems like an all-around pretty cool guy. He runs the country pretty well (the Greater Reich territory looks far better than the Pacific States), is good at his job, and is happily married with prehaps the most functional family I've seen in a mainstream TV show.

On the other hand, the Japanese are mostly douchebags.

I read the book and it was meh.

>has niggers

Excuse me?

The East Coast controlled by the nazis is 100% white.

>Is it just leftist 'Muh Nazis are so evil' shit?
yes, and its garbage. i could only handle 3 episodes

It's retarded and even dumber visually

Juliana and Frank are the worst characters. They just drone on and on.

>have Amazon Prime
>only use it to watch anime
>anime selection is garbage
>the only good material I have to pay "to rent"

It looks good OP, I won't lie to you. Highly suggested.

good idea, book isn't amazing, tv show is dogshit

>It is meant as 'Muh Nazis are so evil" shit.

SPOILERS

Main characters are jews, japanese feel sorry for them (implying killing them is bad), on nazis side of USA main nazi guys kid is sick and 'muh they won't care for the geneticly damaged', implying that is bad. It is basically leftist agitprop with 'muh seeing in the future twist'.

It depicts a world where Nazis had won the second world war, thus the Jewish question is solved apart from a few living in secrecy and hiding.

Some people can't live with themselves after the atrocities they hace committed to achieve this. Some are contempt with it. Some appreciate it.

Like, it is very lifelike description of events. Has good political arc of Nazis willing to take on Japan. A plan that Hitler in the end is opposed to and brutally crushes conspiracy to overthrow him.

It contains good mystic elements, with Hitler being obsessed with these films from our timeline, showing what a world could be.

And in the end, the japanese dude who mysteriously teleports into our world, absolutely wrecks this good promise as second season his main goal is to bring down the Empire and Nazis. Fucking Amazon. That's not what we want.

We want more holocaust.

No, it's actually quite great and redpilled. The best characters are the Nazis, and Hitler is portrayed as a good Nazi when compared to some of the evil Nazis that try to take over the Reich, don't believe the stormweeb's lies.

Japanese being douchebags is realistic, though.

So consens is:
The setting and story are quite good, the national socialsts are not the typical shitty chaotic evil stereotype.
Only the main characters are the usual mainstream TV bullshit, completely surprising nobody.

Thanks Sup Forums. Gonna watch.

>japanese feel sorry for them
Well, they just gas and ovenize an entire family of jews with absolutely no remorse. "Woops, my bad" is how they express how sorry they feel for them.

So basically as if the japanese were never weebified. Sounds good!

No hitler scenes in a nazi film? Wah?

There is a Hitler scene, and it is absolutely badass. You do have to plow through 10 hours to get through it but it is worth it

It has Hitler engineering a resistance movement against himself for the literal lulz.

read it in english class in highschool, my english teacher went really deep w the analysis and it was actually a good read, havent seen the show

John Smith, the American Waffen SS officer is a pretty good character, the others are kinda meh

The Japanese Empire are basically supremacists, controlling Western America with them being the elite and military and with everyone else, both whites and non-whites, being their worker plebs. The Nazis in Eastern America are basically white Nationalists, treating the White Americans mostly as equals(and removing all non-whites) with most military, police and presumably elite being nazified Americans. Most German characters also speak perfect English so it is kinda hard to differentiate though. Nazified America is basically 50's America with Swastika's all over the place.

Hitler appears at the end and he isn't like a angry psychopath look he is in most media appearances.

>make perfect world by purging the kikes.
>wait a few lived
>destroy it all

There's a nigger muslim. Have you not watched the show

>Is it just leftist 'Muh Nazis are so evil' shit?

Its worth watching, but its not amazing.

The series Rome was far more enjoyable, Im like 5 episodes in and its not exactly "cant stop watching" material.

Also yes, there is a LOT of blatant propaganda designed to paint them as evil, far beyond things they would condone.

Nazis in New York who owns a skyscraper. Are they trying to point at Trump or something?

Its like watching an awesome alternate reality through the eyes of the scummy communists who would never be content with it.

They are trying to pass around a video (of our actual reality) with the purpose of it being propaganda, and showing people "the world that could have been" - implying our world today is better than the one in the movie.

A lot is done to make something that is very attractive look like shit.

At one point a Japanese solider threatens one of the white main characters at the airport (I think it was GLR airport) and says something like "Japanese go first, you wait white man"

They were honorary aryans, not above them.

>than the one in the movie

series*

After they attacked pearl harbor, something they never even told him they were considering, he said

>This is what happens when your allies are not Anglo-Saxons!

Their relationship was mutual gain at best.

Hate to break it to you bro but Pearl Harbor was the US sticking its chin out and saying "Come on, Hit me ya fucking Nip"

The president was aware the attack was coming, its historical fact that the US intentionally caused Pearl Harbor as an excuse for their population with largely Germanic ancestry who didnt want to go kill their aunts and uncles in Germany.

Its propaganda kraut.

telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/8932197/Pearl-Harbour-memo-shows-US-warned-of-Japanese-attack.html

Read the book. And many books from the author.

Also, Mussolini never warned he was going to invade Greece, and his invasion was a massive blunder.. he was a pretty big fuckup. Hitler really disliked him.

Hitler didnt want to drag Greece into the war, and was forced to bail Mussolini out, not for the first time either.

breddy gud
It takes into account technological advance and lack of degeneracy.
It mentioned genocides once as far as I recall.

The "good" characters are kinda annoying, but as others have said, Obergruppenführer is fucking awesome.

S2 teaser:

I expected leftist bullshit, but it's actually pretty good. Both the Nazis and the Japs seem to be portrayed mostly accurately. Also, the Nazis are more interesting characters than the protags

Ben Shapiro recommends it.

>Obergruppenführer is fucking awesome.

That is not in dispute.

Bruh I know that memo. And no it wasn't.

We had already established, not to their knowledge though, that we would not get involved in the pacific should Japan go after mainland asian territory. Roosevelt and Tojo were also in communication, albeit delayed, about it and working on a compromise.

There's a reason after WWII we set up an international group where nations would have an external place to air grievances and put world leaders into direct contact with each other.
Go learn more about what lead to the attack. Like a lot of war it could have been avoided.

Japs are assholes who pretend to be sophisticated and strong but are just trying their best to avoid getting raped by Germany.

Germans (especially the ambassador to Western Nipland and Smith) are awesome.

Smith is actually a very good dad, too. Nazi shit aside, he really does care for his kids, spoils them, and makes sure they do their homework.

And he's apparently friends with Hitler, so that's cool.

Hitler is also shown as being the lesser of 2 evils during the seasons finale episode. It's also pretty cool how they show the german troops using mp5s and g3s and the have japensse sf only just having gotten the Type 64 with the rest of the army still using bolt action rifles.

This. The "good guys" are annoying and boring in this show.

will we get season 2? And when?

Obergruppenführer Smith is the best character.

Really drawn out storytelling makes this series ho-hum. Maybe the second season will have better editing.

>these films from our timeline, showing what a world could be.

Actually I think the films are from MULTIPLE timelines. One shows events differently from both their side and our side.

>frighteningly authentic
Hitler being alive, Germany conquering and holding America, and a "super Holocaust" happening in Africa are all comedically ridiculous. None of this would've happened even if the Germans had won the war. Your friend is an ignorant faggot.

They ask the question 'what if the timeline we live in is the wrong dystopian one and the other time line is the better one'.

Then they proceed to show a happy family based society with low crime, impressive art and culture.

In the show John Smith SS is the good guy a and resistance fighters almost murder the protagonist.

Some lies:
Nazism was a positive Christian movement and wouldn't have banned the bible.
Hitler only wanted the death of disabled during times of war when Germany had to ration food to workers and soldiers. It wasn't his policy it dated to the Kaiser.
Hitler had litearlly no plans to invade the US. HE only declared war so he could stop lend lease from reaching USSR.
Hitler had no plans of invading Great Britian. If Germany won the war britian was to remain untouch and Churchill asked to step down and right his memoir in retirement.
Hitler had no plans to depose Stalin. He could maintain the USSR east of Moscow.

Best part of the it was the breakfast scene in the second(?) episode.

it's a great show if you can look past some of the kikery in it. The Nazis and even some japs are all mostly good character but the "good guys" are a couple jews and a nazi turncoat. Never read the book so I'm curious to see what happens in season 2

>is happily married with prehaps the most functional family I've seen in a mainstream TV show.
Yeah, until he murders his child.

That's the conflict they're setting up for him. You can be a Nazi, or a good man and loving father, but you can't be both.

Hitler is by far the best character in the whole show. Oddly enough he's the only person who wants nothing but peace. He's not an absurd cartoon nazi, he's well spoken and reasonable. Watch it if for no other reason than to see a based Hitler

Trailer for it was released a couple of days ago

And he's unwittingly hitler's pawn.

r a r e

n o p e

Hitler is also so many moves ahead of those who would betray him it's a definite turn away from the "Hitler was a crazy thug" maymay.

I liked the book a lot, but have only seen the pilot for the series. The only thing I didn't care for about the book is how it really tries to present the Japanese as the lesser of two evils. The Imperial Japanese occupation of China suggests otherwise.

Hitler was magnificent, really well done and he even comes off as sort of a hero.

I can't wait until they introduce Stalin.

>Japanese rape Don King so hard the even get's classified as a war crime
>Japan is the lesser evil

This. Juliana Crane is one of the most annoying protagonists ever. Otherwise, the show is quite good. It is not a lftist circle jerk, but there is a "muh joos" subplot.

>tfw she had to suck the tiny nip dick to get a job that leads nowhere for a plotline that is retarded and really badly written

If they kill off Frank and Juliana, the series would be a solid 9/10.

>he was the only one who wanted peace in real life too.

Forgot to add that they should focus more on the Nip investigator, Obergruppenführer Smith, and Uncle H. All three are great characters.

>Frank

The gassing was pure comedy.

Just read the fucking book you plebs. PKD is the only genre fiction writer worth reading.

stalin was executed after he lost ww2 in the series

I don't remember that being explicitly stated, but I do remember someone mentioning the possibility of Stalin being alive.

Smith saved the series, he was by far the best character.

The alternate history German and Japanese governments are interesting and compelling enough on their own that you'll be kind of annoyed every time they switch to the rebels, especially with some lame ass love triangle.

It's kind of funny because the rebels do have all sorts of cliches associated with "muh freedom fighters" and all that, but the entire show they're fucking up and getting innocent people killed.

Not much happens in the book
- First New-York and other major east coast cities have been nuked before the beginning of the story provoking the immediate surrendering of USA
- a jew is jewing people by creating fake american antiquities for japanese, he is caught in the West Coast and nazi asks for his deportation because he is jew
- The guy who is selling these antiquities in his store has the yellow fever and admire japanese for being japanese, he basically have a love-hate relationship with them, an inferiority complex
- There is a scandinavian high ranked nazi officer that is sent to negociate deportation of the jew with a japanese official, but in fact he is coming to warn the japanese that they will soon be nuked by nazis, he is pure aryan looking but in fact he says at the end of the book that he is a jew and that other jews like him have infiltrated the german government
- Finally there is the ex-wife of the jew that makes a road trip to contact the Man of the High Castle that wrote a book in which americans won WW2, on the way she meets an italian man that she begin to fall in love with until she realizes he is a hitman sent by the nazi to kill the author.

So as you can see the book has little to do with the series.

Why would they go against Japan hahahahaha

Read the book, the show is pretty garbage.

>Hitler still well enough in power in the 1960's

My sides. One of the good things about the book is they the author did a bit of research into internal nazi politics to build a kind of believable axis dominated world. This is lost to appeal to normie plebs that think Nazi's = Hitler.

I wanted to watch it because I wanted to watch Nazis. Stopped watching pretty early since it focused on some average characters with no real connection to the Nazis.

It's not too pozzed actually, other than the fact that a main character is some kike who they had to shoehorn a bit of "hurr muh family got gassed!" bullshit.

The main problem with the show is that it's just incredibly fucking boring. All the characters are incredibly dull and flat, except the obergruppenfuhrer. But yeah, it's paced like fucking shit, 99% of the cast sucks, and the plots just consist of random people doing stuff that's literally fucking retarded, like they took a wheel of fortune and just spun that to decide what to do next randomly.

At least the aesthetics are great.

The aesthetics are only great in the scenes in eastern america with obergruppenfurher. 90% of the scenery in the show is this sepia-toned gray bland bullshit

the kikes jewed it for tv