What does Sup Forums think about Dan Harmon as a writer and a human being?

What does Sup Forums think about Dan Harmon as a writer and a human being?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HGjqeLrbGms
youtube.com/watch?v=lMqBhMPWNiE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I love him

Terrible person everything wrong with "comedy" of late

Just marathoned harmon quest. I kind of regret it, there were only 4 mildly funny episodes.

Both Justin Roiland and the bearded guy from Great Minds talk about him like he's a money fountain that needs to be appeased. I'm not sure anyone really likes him, but he is a hard-working guy who gives his friends work.

i'd smoke weed with dan

I don't know he looks like he stinks a lot

lazy, uninspired, whiny faggot.

hes kind of a hack I think

great ideas, but then he goes and ruins them whenever he goes for "character development". I think if harmon truly found a way to do that part better, he would be the absolute king of tv

Decent writer, but very inconsistent. The quality of the episodes of his shows varies wildly.

let's just say i wasn't surprised it didn't last long.

He had admitted to writing most of his scripts last minute, using the rest of the time to drink and bitch about trump on twitter.
he's a cancer.

Shit, he's dating that chick from Mythbusters. I've always had the hots for her.

What was her name again? Kylie Strutt?

I don't really see why he's seen as some kind of god of comedy writers. Everything he's worked on has been at best 'good' but certainly never great.

dead soon

Very creative albeit not as funny as most people think. He was pretty unfunny on Harmonquest too

He's at a pretty high level now in the biz. I aspire to be more like him.

The guy is clearly good at writing to a certain point. Community, for a while anyways, was amazing, and that's pretty much non-negotiable. Then of course he teamed with Justin Roiland for Rick and Morty and its first season, which I thought was amazing.

Then I read some of his messages on a reddit AMA and he said something about hiring "racial people" (???) and in a commentary of R&M when Justin defended Sup Forums and in h3h3 videos made jokes about being trans, seems like Harmon was being a depressed drunk trying to get that easy SJW view.

In short, talented but misguided. Shouldn't have been allowed to ruin season 2 of Rick and Morty.

I liked Harmon Quest's cartoon component, but yeah, it wasn't amazingly funny or anything. Harmon falls back on self-deprecating a little too often that it ends up tiresome.

Typical dysfunctional comedian who knows how pathetic they are but doesn't do anything about it using the excuse of "well I can make jokes about it lmaoo". Glad he got divorced after joking about being a shithead to his wife and how he'll kill himself if she leaves him.

Jeff was hilarious imo. Him, Spencer and the guest stars really made the show. Dan and his exwife are just not funny. As much as they tried to be, they just weren't.

/tg/ has a joke about "that guy'
the guy that sucks fun out of gameplay by running away from fights for "character development," interjecting when he wants to go out of turn, and bringing real world dumb shit into the game.
Dan is 'that guy'

I thought PFT and jeff were pretty fun, even spencer who i usually find annoying was fine.
dan and erin were trainwrecks.

Considering Spencer was just some rando DnD nerd they found in the audience at one of their podcast recordings the dude is actually pretty funny. He's a damn good DM too.

I like that time travelling history one with the neckbeard.

I loved 1-2 (3 at a stretch) seasons of community.

I dunno, he seems like he really needs a foil, both as a writer and a performer, but seems so neurotic that just causes problems for said foil and other people around him.

Harmon always tries bringing depressing real-world shit into his comedy and it never works well. For example:

>reasonably funny episode of one of his shows, lots of jokes about sex/fetishes, a little sci-fi homage, a guy who literally goes REEEEE
>then in the last 2 minutes the main character attempts suicide while sad indie music plays

It's fucking weird.

Spencer is honestly the reason the whole thing went so smoothly. I've never played DnD before but from what I gather, being a good DM is not an easy job. And he seems like a REALLY good DM. It's honestly impressive as shit how he did all that

If Community is any sign of what he's like when he has to continue working on something, he succumbs to fan pressure far too easily and lets it taint his work. After positive reception towards the first paintball episode the entire show ending up slowly morphing from a nice sitcom about friends in a community college to a constant barrage of references and spoofs.

He probably pushed for the second Interdimensional TV

He doesn't "literally go REEE" but that was probably the most honest point of view we'll ever see of Rick, which I think is a Roiland apsect of him more than a Harmon. Harmon doesn't want to get THAT real with his cartoons but Roiland will do whatever the fuck to get the message across.

It's been obvious, or it should be to anyone who has had a familiar spiral, that Rick wants to die. The depression has always been there. Then they finally have the balls to show people just how close to suicide a character like Rick is and nobody cares. Pisses me off.

He has pathetic taste in women.

fat

>Nobody cares about hamfisted attempts to make a comic cartoon character really deep and depressed
Really made me think

OK writer. When will people realise that self referencing isn't """"smart""'''? Still pretty funny though.

Don't know I've never met the cat.

>Don't know I've never met the cat

far out daddio, take it easy. See you on the slipside

>Then they finally have the balls to show people just how close to suicide a character like Rick is and nobody cares. Pisses me off.

People 'get' suicide, and Rick is hardly the first example of a depressed comedian. These depictions are annoying and jarring because there's no point to them. What kind of message do you want to get across? What do you want people to do? Depression is like drug addiction, no body cares because no body except the afflicted can do anything about it.

DUDE POP CULTURE REFERENCES LMAO

You're a piece of shit Dan. Fake your own death then choke yourself as you jack off to the public talking about how great you were. Don't remove the rope.

>Depression is like drug addiction, no body cares because no body except the afflicted can do anything about it.
Not defending the use in the show, but IRL? Both are crippling and pretty much impossible to beat without help. That kind of attitude is exactly why people kill themselves. A good depiction of a character struggling with that sort of thing would be Bubbles from The Wire.

Failed and angry writers general?

Deperession is more like a puddle after rainy weather; If you stand in it you get your feet wet. Its unpleasent, but its only gonna get worse and make you sick if you dont move out if it. Someone MAY help you, but in the end its your legs that needs to move. There are a bunch of puddles, and chances are you will step in a lot of them, just donĀ“t stand still

He's great for exactly one season, he seems to have trouble keeping quality up long-term. I have nothing against the man personally, it's his braying supplicants I can't stand.

looks like he got a better girlfriend

Beta7 literally says REEEE in that episode, you armchair psychoanalytic faggot.

No, it's more like you're standing in a puddle and also your legs are shot. Yes, it's a two-sided thing, you need to put in an effort yourself, but unless someone helps you out you are very likely to drown.

No, that's a more appropriate description of being sad. Depression is an acute disorder based on unhealthy neurochemistry, you don't just "move out of it" any more than you would cure yourself of cancer by force of will.

6:52 in S2E03 they literally scream REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

He is nothing without Schrab and he knows it

The kids love him

isn't rick & morty making serious bank?

He's crushing pussies left and right. What an alpha

Only good thing was the first few seasons of Community

WORM PEOPLE

youtube.com/watch?v=HGjqeLrbGms

He's one of Gods chosen so as an American I worship the ground he walks on

Although it's patchy Community is my favorite sitcom alongside the UK Office. Rick and Morty is too reddit for me. Had to give up on Harmontown late last year as the politics amped up. There's good stuff to be had among the long-winded drunken stuff

youtube.com/watch?v=lMqBhMPWNiE

He gave up half his net worth to a golddigger he knew for 4 years. I'd hardly call him alpha.

Isnt this guy a big cuckold?

Literally yes.

(literal) cuckold apologist, narcissistic, hates himself but also thinks he's better than everyone, relies on the same jokes again and again

he's not a bad writer, but he'd be your average redditor if he wasn't talented