Pete

that's not /ourguy/ is it?

roger peggy and pete were the best characters

don't make me choose
I enjoyed every bit of roger, pete was great too. joans the female character

*best female character

Ginsberg

rip

I really do wonder if he ever got three sheets to the wind and tried the armor on.

It seemed like an unrealistic quip at the time Roger said it, but I think it's a guarantee.

never forget

rip king george

WERE NOT HOMOSEXUALS

pure autism

I generally hate British culture, but Lane was pretty based. There's something to be said for the "proper" way of conducting yourself in a lot of situations.

>nobody mentioning Glen
He's like an adult creep in the body of a fat boy.

why was the comedian such an asshole?

He was an insult comedian. I don't get why Don was upset at him for fucking his wife. All that dude did was tipping off Betty. He could've done way worse.

a tiny part of Don wants his marriage to work, but then he sees how bad the marriage was

Obviously Don, though Pete and Sally both had fascinating arcs.

And this wasn't his own fault?
All he did at work was dicking around and drinking booze 99% of the time. He didn't have a hard life as long as he was married.

Mad Men was overrated.

Peggy, definitely. I wasn't expecting her to go from gullible to competent yet happier than Don, and it was a fucking ride till she got there.

>No one liked Cole Phelps

it's call having manners you savage

this

and rog

>overrated

Only reason i bought LA Noire is because I was sad Mad Men was over, Ken was my favourite character too.

Has quite a few other actors from the show in it.

Roger. He is the definition of a true bro tbqh lads.

>it's a don is sad because he is handsome as fuck with a huge dick and is rich af and bangs lots of women and has a great job that he loves and is amazing at it and people worship him for it episode

I never sympathized with Don. That guy had EVERYTHING, and he still fucked it up and tore his family apart. Fuck him.

His wife was a cunt tho.

Betty is not a cunt, she speaks Italian you know?

fpbp

She didn't do anything really cuntish until she started suspecting Don was cheating on her. The rest of her behavioral peculiarities can be put down to her being a woman.

When you die Sup Forums will anyone say something like this about you and your life?

Roger

>ITT the Dick Whitman character goes over people's heads, all they do is envy hate him

Explain it please.

Why was he such a little bitch about his childhood? Oh boo hoo his step mom was mean to him. It was the early 1900s, everyone had a shitty life.

Yeah anyone would think the entire premise of the show was an extended metaphor or something

I dont think about him at all.

I don't think he was that upset about his childhood since he said to that prison guard that it was a bullshit excuse to blame your parents, but I don't think he ever learned first-hand what a genuine connection with anyone was. He played at it as a parent and with advertising but it was just an idea rather than a real feeling. That's what the Coke ad was about; him finally realising that connection and wanting that to be reflected in the ad at a time when American society was becoming more atomised and what connections he had to society were being eroded by a new generation.

> It was the early 1900s, everyone had a shitty life.
KEK

kid if I have to explain to you why being the unwanted son of a dead prostitute raised in a bordello by a crazy and physically abusive woman was traumatizing and not just "boo hoo poor widdle me" then you'd never get it anyway

Due to repressed trauma from his childhood he was never able to accept or discuss his PTSD. He aspired for a happy normal life, with a wife a couple of kids, a house and a nice car parked in his picket fence driveway. When Don Draper died and Dick Whitman reinvented himself he made certain he could never be at peace internally. Instead he drowned his sorrows with boozing and whores.

>PTSD
There's no such thing.

Shellshock

Meme disorder made up by humanities majors.

I like how much of Mad Men is about people striving to be what they think they should be.
Dick Whitman is the obvious example, remaking himself as the man he wanted to be, but Lane is quite a good foil- clinging to the proper British way of being even while he becomes enamoured with the American lifestyle.

PTSD has been documented for thousands of years.

back to Sup Forums you edgy memelord

Kenny was the best character easily. i always wanted more of him