How's that movie coming along Sup Forums?

How's that movie coming along Sup Forums?
Haven't even finished the story or the script?
Don't even know anyone in Hollywood to help you along?

pathetic.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=T4bTq16OXF8
youtube.com/watch?v=xeSRV6PEs_o
vimeo.com/82471271
vimeo.com/145355974
youtube.com/watch?v=lTvpV8eKPiQ
vimeo.com/214852488
vimeo.com/131910069
youtube.com/watch?v=v3PdAUPK0nM
youtube.com/watch?v=tnyQlpjHvFg
join.skype.com/IR718GCXNU4M
youtu.be/h7vsCkPsmLg
youtu.be/kCCg2sJGCeQ
youtube.com/watch?time_continue=20&v=GYud_W7Ou9E
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Make an ass out of u and me

i'm too pure and intelligent for the Hollywood

>only afford one room

What? Why not use their house or apartments or something? And public areas exist.

i remember my algebra 2 teacher telling me that. he was a "Father" at a catholic all boys school. he was pretty based, but still fuck you.

>not using a professional set

this is what millenials actually believe

I'm making a brapumentary of famous celebrities.

made a short film in college. is it kino?

youtube.com/watch?v=T4bTq16OXF8

that fucking car chase scene though

None of this is good.

Absolute kinography

let's see yours

I ran a successful YouTube channel. We were partway into our second big project but had a falling out since they lost motivation and got greedy.

can we see a video? i'm interested.

You didn't even bother with making proper lighting.
It sounds like your voiceover is made on a dusty vinyl from the 1920's.
Your compositions are fucked up, you put no thought into the angle, direction or image you were going to project, most of your shots are crooked.
In one shot you literally only hosed the ground on half the screen, when you were going for a 'rain' effect.
You didn't even bother location scouting, and just ended up shooting half the movie in your mothers dimly lid house.
The story isn't intrigueging, and frankly confusing. This pseudo-intellectual shit might work when you are jerking off your film school classmates, but it doesn't translate into the real world. Kill your darlings dude.

The only decent thing about this shot film, is the shot at 2:00

:)

Thanks for the interesting story

I made a few short films for some 24 hour super 8 contests

youtube.com/watch?v=xeSRV6PEs_o

vimeo.com/82471271

vimeo.com/145355974

Keep in mind we shoot them with no ability to edit or see what we've shot, then have to score it/audio blindly.

>could only afford one room
Then how did they shoot the stuff that didn't take place in said room?

I've been talking with a pretty famous musician (he's close friends with my aunt, that's how I know him) and apparently he might be able to secure funding for a feature film idea I had. He wants to star in it. I'm not making this shit up. I'm so fucking scared and excited at the same time, I hope this works out. I might get to meet fucking David Lynch too.

But saw isn't a single location film, not even close. There are probably 5 locations in the movie. Stop memeing.

cool, if you make it in the biz remember this user on Sup Forums who hopes you do well, then take me under your wing. My secure code number will be.. eleven.

Made a short film a couple of years ago, currently writing some sketch comedy and trying to develop a feature film mostly shot in a small cottage.

Film trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=lTvpV8eKPiQ

>haha fool I know the secure code number

I will pretend to be you and beat you to the punch

really enjoyed these user, or should I say Dan? thanks for posting.

I wish Saw only took place in one room. All the asides with Danny Glover and that guy from Lost only detracted from the film.

That movie was the Australian short movie, which is pretty shit.

How the fuck were they able to afford Cary Elewes and Danny Glover?

can i be in your movie senpai?

If this actually ends up happening I'll make sure to get some help from Sup Forums and put some CIA memes in

I'm keeping myself busy. Surviving.

Just finishing this one up.
vimeo.com/214852488

And here is my short from a years back.
vimeo.com/131910069

------
Ahh the classic student film. Pseudo poetic rambling overlayed with empty shots. I'v made those as well, so I'm not judging. If this is your type of thing them maybe try to find a nice subject and make a poetic documentary for your next project.

God the texture of the 8mm is really something else. I still have a Howwell and Bell Super 8 laying around. The one that worked for me was Don't feed the Angles. Because it felt like a small nostalgic vignette, could be even shorter and less walking shots and more direct action. The other ones seem to be a bit more comedic and dry which sorta clashes with the 8mm format creating a very jarring effect.

Look at the two names you just typed and ask yourself that question again.

good luck user

i am mentally sending you autism waves of creativity and prosperity through the 4th dimension

>i am mentally sending you autism waves of creativity and prosperity through the 4th dimension

don't you need a special Sonic totem to do that

hey i've seen your short half empty before. seen you post it like a long time ago. thanks for the feedback on my video.

Step aside plebs

First Semester kino coming through

youtube.com/watch?v=v3PdAUPK0nM

its not mine, but out of everyone's short films this guys was easily the best, everyone else did (even my group) did melodramatic wannabe art house shit. As far as I last heard he started working in the industry which is more than me :(

Thanks user! I miss doing them, I moved to a new city without much of a film scene

Thanks for watching. Angels was the fastest one put together by far.

Checking out Half Empty as I type this, just marathoned the first 10 minutes, getting uncomfortable in the dinner scene. Good work user, at least someone here is eeking out a living doing this.

youtube.com/watch?v=tnyQlpjHvFg

what does Sup Forums think of my ex's short?

I have so many questions

> where the fuck is this from? All the accents sound ridiculous
> is that a replica coat from Guardians of the Galaxy?
> did I hear the camera's mechanical zoom at one point?

that was actually enjoyable in a shitty b-movie way though. The rhyming narration was good, and the editing had a nice pace too it, the zoom in on pink lips before cutting to a red coat close up and zooming out was actually cool. I can't tell if it was deliberately shit for laughs or they were actually trying thier best.

Cheers. The dinner scene is either uncomfortable or funny depending on how you view it.

We got done grading the musicvideo a week ago.

kek pretty gud m8

>> where the fuck is this from? All the accents sound ridiculous
I'm guessing Australia

lul the fuck?

2hipster4me

> being so dense
They imagined a story that takes place in a room, producers saw the potential and added the shekels.

Hey fuck you! Don't reply to me.

Mad that they managed to make an entire film based around a 30 second segment from Mad Max.

Anyone who wants talk filmmaking or wants serious feedback on a script can join the skype.
join.skype.com/IR718GCXNU4M

No, you are confusing it with Watchmen. Watchmen is the one made based around a 30 second segment from Mad max

No, I'm not.

here's a short I did recently
youtu.be/h7vsCkPsmLg
shot and edited entirely by myself

have fun only screening your "deep masterpiece" to unenthusiastic friends

this is either a good parody of terrible student films or just a regular terrible student film. Or maybe it can be both like scrotum's cat.

we'll it's not really a student film, it was more of an equipment/concept test. I'm in high school with no plans of going to school at a later point for film. I do have a short glimpse of a short film I shot recently as well, if you care enough to look youtu.be/kCCg2sJGCeQ

It's the first short film type project I've taken up, so aim open to suggestions and will be working to avoid mistakes I made the first time around

oh, that's better.

learn how to do colour grading so you can set a mood/tone in post-prod so it doesn't have that cheap "this was shot straight off of a DSLR" look.

youtube.com/watch?time_continue=20&v=GYud_W7Ou9E

that's a finishing touch thing though, keep learning and mastering the basics.

I would actually advice against that. Unless you want be some backyard director,writer,producer,actor,caterer,boomguy,colorgrader.

To colorgrade you need accurate monitors that start at a 4.000 price. Just focus on what you want to do. If its directing then focus on that skillset. You can always get people to colorgrade it.