Ghost in the Shelf

I guess this guarantees that we will have no anime/manga adaptations for a long while

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jafd97yJFOI
youtube.com/watch?v=MI2CXp0o_hs&feature=share
boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=ghostintheshell2017.htm
twitter.com/AnonBabble

good, we don't need them

chinkshit BTFO
Strong, Muscular, Elite Carkino here to stay

>inb4 "why? it made $56 mil profit"

I guess it was the lack of prominent hard asian nipples

No offense, but what demographic do these movies appeal to, seriously?

anime is for children. at least the adaptations can't be any worse.

shitty brats and casuals

High test men.

Didn't you pissbabies say this about feminist movies after Ghostbusters? Than Hidden Figures happened and almost won an OSCAR?

The fun demo

I am the worlds biggest autist and I can admit they are good flicks

people who enjoy films i.e. not people like yourself who think they have high brow tastes yet discuss capeshit and star wars all day

DUDE VROOM VROOM LMAO
DUDE RIP PAUL WALKER LMAO

you mean middle to low class below 90 IQ people

Suicide Squad won an Oscar.

>they literally cannot handle Fast 8 is a good movie
lmao. Comparing it to the blockbusters of the past year, its far and away the most enjoyable shlock of them all

see

That's a good thing though, studios can't adapt source material worth shit. Hell I look forward to The Dark Tower getting shitcanned as well.

well done for winning an oscar. I finally got round to watching Suicide Squad a few weeks ago. Just wasn't for me, but it had its moments.
DC movies will get alot better when they finally have someone charismatic like The Rock starring

Everyone else not white, and some whites.

@82373334

u

feminism ist gud
whitewashing nut zo

Imagine the success if it was a black female lead instead

the last Resident Evil made more with a smaller budget.

>Production Budget: $40 million
>Worldwide: $312,242,626

Chads and alphas and normies

the anime movie was garbage too

so sick of anime getting incredibly overrated because it was the first one that drew a big future city or did a particular genre

I'm sure there's way better manga out there to make a movie from

they should have gone full matrix
gits was its source material anyway

Patricians

To fight chinkshit we make movies only chinks wanna watch
Really activated the armonds

Dude just turn your brain off you'll enjoy them

The goal is always the same in these anime adaptations: "normie" audience + anime fans. These days they also added the tumbl audience to the mix.

they need their yearly dose of The West, and they crave for more

The longer we keep normalfags from touching anime the better, but eventually it's gonna be videogames all over again when people pretend they liked Anime for a long time to get le upvotes

thank fuck, I dont want anime and mango to turn into the abomination that is modern comics. Also less normies in the hobby is always good

I would say that Japan is isolated enough to prevent cancer from ruining everything. If the industry survives without cancer-class changes until 2020 or the market does not implode, then it should be free of contamination for decades.

It's even worse when you factor in the $150M+ marketing budget.

Honestly, I think GITS will earn more money by blurays and digital download than cinema.
Fat,lonely weebs just don't go to theatres.
But, it makes me sad that F&F8? made so much money.
Come to think of it, last flick I went to see in theatre was first Alice in Wonderland, fuck was that an fucking fiasco.
First my ex started complaining that she can't handle 3d then that was dusty in there, then she talked the whole time,I was so pissed off, I almost broke up with her.
And last layer of salt on injury was that movie was total bullshit.
Nevah again.

by that logic, we should never have gotten GITS either because there were plenty of anime-based box office bombs before it. they will keep trying, just like they did with capeshit and just like they are with vidyashit.

>Live-action Kite
I honestly don't have any words for how awkward that must have been. Who the fuck would okay that movie?

>HnK

One of those films that gives you the feeling that those who made it hate the original material, the cinema and life in general.

i have to say aspects of this was ok, but god the cgi was terrible in places and the nondescript Asian future city looked terrible. why would you have 9 foot tall holograms.

Suicide squad truly is the Donald trump of movies. Everyone hates it and yet it still manages to win an Oscar.

Meanwhile hidden figures with all its "support" couldn't. Truly the Hillary Clinton of movies.

I can't believe I actually went and saw F&F 1 or 2?! Back in ~2002-2003!?
Friend who had an hard on on nip cars(and embarasingly rich parents)persuaded me ,he had Nissan Skyline (Gran Turismo 2 or 3 was an fad back then) so first we went into underground parking lot of cineplex where there was around 50-60 NOS expensive cars and they made shipload of smoke and sound.
But worst part was, when we went home, he literally blic some guy in some Toyota so we had fucking race in 18h on main street when everyone go from work to home.
Needles to say , we almost died, guy blocked him,so it was either hit the back of the bus or hit that Toyota.
20 y/o in fast expensive nip cars is parents way of killing their children.

kite and mezo forte are quite good movie materials though

>implying winning an oscar is even remotely linked to quality

Yeah Kite is a relatively easy story to adapt but there are aspects of it that are really quintessential to the core of old corny anime and I can't imagine it as anything else

>One of those films that gives you the feeling that those who made it hate the original material, the cinema and life in general.
so... literally /ourguys/?

you think Americanised live action movies are bad
Nippon cant seem to do it right ether take the pic related ranma live action movie

lets not forget the live action gantz , deathnote and the future blood x which will have no gory or monsters

once you remove the child rape and hardcore hentai (which is what they did with kite) they're just generic muh strong kickass chick action flicks

the only good anime to live action is Jackie chans city hunter adaptation

i haven't seen that is it any good?

they look chinese wth?!

but thats wrong you retard

by logic we shouldn't get a cowboy bebop american movie or akira but they are happening

Nice matching color schemes. Gonna watch both of these

it's fucking terrible. I was just trying to prove correct

ok i forgot about that, which is brilliant

city hunter is funny and quite close to original anime, the street fighter scene alone is worth the price of admission, its literally better than ever street fighter live action american movie ever

>but they are happening
we'll see about that. akira has been "happening" for 10 years now. I'll probably be dead before they get around to it. also I bet they are super nervous about "whitewashing" it now after the gits fiasco. they'll either not do it at all or do it with an all-black cast and a kanye soundtrack.

knew it its a shame the manga and anime are kick ass

>by logic we shouldn't get a cowboy bebop american movie or akira but they are happening

by happening you mean in development hell? just because some jackass keeps making cowboy bebop threads here doesn't mean jackshit.

spike lee can direct which reminds me
youtube.com/watch?v=jafd97yJFOI

still waiting for battle angel alita

I like how when a movie flops these days studios will always twist the numbers enough to make it seem to normies that it made a profit

ha since avatar become Cameron world we arent seein shit which is a shame i would love to see that, say what you want about Cameron but he does action scenes

and wasn't that like the 9th film in the series?

sorry awesome action scenes

imagine if they keep to the first RE story line how much more awesomely freakie it would have been

what is next?
psycho pass?
ergo proxy?

Akira has been "happening" for about 23 years now, (((They))) know it's one of the most critically acclaimed and popular anime/manga but they have no clue how to adapt it, it must drive them crazy

Do you mean if they followed the game's plot? Because there's a few films in the game's universe as well

youtube.com/watch?v=MI2CXp0o_hs&feature=share

Still not showing stands, I bet they're going to look terrible

psycho pass might be feasible
egro proxy no way in hell

Because muh Blade Runner and muh Akira had them

some things cant be done live action simple fact

That's what they said about Lord of the Rings once upon a time

japan will never learn

blade runner had one big one and akira i can barely remember if it did
what annoyed me most is that the holograms had no purpose other than to show "look its the future"

I agree
boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=ghostintheshell2017.htm
126 million of B.O. from foreign market, so we get to cut that in half or so. Add to that the promotions and marketing tours (don't know how widespread ads/trailers were because I'm an adblocking NEET) and it's a rather solid failure.
Fuck Psycho Pass, it's bad enough that an awful Western adaptation would probably be better
Truth

yes america needs to stop trying to make anime movies but japan isn't innocent ether also the taiwan live action dragon ball movie

They shouldn't have done a reboot-esque origins movie.
They should have done an original story with everything already established

>They should have done an original story with everything already established

And how do you sell that to general audiences?

it's funny nips can't look like their anime characters at all since they based them on white people.

>we avoided Second Impact

Josuke and Jotaro are half japanese though, and all the other characters there are supposed to be full japanese

Just don't reply to anime-is-whiteposters.

The Fast and the Furious Movies?
They are the absolute best stupid but entertaining films in existence.

I used to dislike them - but recently I realized how goddamn enjoyable they are. They are literally superhero movies now - and in each new sequel, they become inexplicably more invincible and skilled.

It makes zero sense, but it is awesome.

Like LOOK AT THIS. I was watching one of them a week ago and this happened. I just instantly went "what the fuck are these movies about"

>I guess this guarantees that we will have no anime/manga adaptations for a long while

One can always hope.

This movie was so good that it makes every other Japanese movie disappointing in comparison

The only things that really stack up are Sam Raimi's pre-Spiderman and Peter Jackson's pre-LOTR

Somebody once told me the movie "Versus" was like Riki-Oh and he was fucking lying Versus was garbage