What are your thoughts on living modestly? is it a fashion statement in itself?

What are your thoughts on living modestly? is it a fashion statement in itself?

Other urls found in this thread:

forbes.com/sites/erincarlyle/2014/04/28/12-tricked-out-tiny-houses-and-why-they-cost-so-much/#4df054a6694a
homedepot.com/p/Best-Barns-Richmond-16-ft-x-28-ft-Wood-Storage-Building-richmond1628/206007201
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>To defeat the jew one must become the jew.

So I don't spend any money.

Do whatever the fuck you want with your money
I know people who live in trailers but have 3 nice trucks
I know people who live in nice apartments or houses with mediocre cars
all of them are happy

I earn 45k a year and still drive the 2005 Toyota Camrey I was handed down.

These things drive like old Cadiliacs.

BUT in all honesty Leaf, most Americans run shit into the ground before we have to purchase something new.

Usee what you have now until it dies.

>I know people who live in trailers but have 3 nice trucks

I make a good living and I've been eyeballing a $66k cuckwagon to live in. It's a really nice fifth wheel camper and there's a great place on the waterfront nearby that retirees and RVers live at (they don't allow trash there).

It just seems ideal. No lawn to worry about. I don't have kids and don't really desire marriage.

Me, my cuckwagon, and a new truck. And the ability to live anywhere I want.

Just spend as much as you need to stay moderately happy.

I don't like luxury cars for example, never cared about them, I could drive a brand new Rolls Royce or a Fiat - its just a car for me.

However I like camping, I have a 1300$ tent, luxury but it makes me happy.

Live modestly if it makes you happy or live luxuriously if you can afford it and if it makes you happy. Bottom line is - be happy.

Nothing wrong with living like a normal person.

If that's Potters car, then I'm impressed and give him props.

That's odd.
I've always thought that Americans would change their cars very often, if nothing worth of keeping (like american classic cars and muscle cars).

I also do live modestly, even if i got some money, I do 20K € / year which sounds borderline poorfag but where I do live, it's a very respectable wage for a blue collar.
Also have around 120K in savings... yet I don't feel like going around in shiny new cars and faggot branded clothes.

I'm happy with my house, my guns, and my almost 10 years old car. Most of my extra expenses are for food, drinks and vacations/travel, so I'm very content

>What are your thoughts on living modestly? is it a fashion statement in itself?
it's maturity and prudence -- once the shit hits the fan, it will be the greedy that will bear the brunt of it

This. I know my primary hobbies being video games and art is spergy as shit but they're cheap and it keeps me happy and occupied. I couldn't imagine being interested in cars or designers clothes, would rape my wallet into oblivion.

45k is nothing. I'm not surprised you drive that.

That's the thing, man. It looks like a normal car to you and I.

But the damn thing has a magically infinitely large trunk and can fucking fly.

That's quite a lot of galleons he dropped on that ride to do this.

Another "oh I am filthy rich and educated" basement dweller that will say he drives a Jaguar.

If you were rich you wouldn't be here, if you were older you wouldn't be here.

So that leads us to conclusion that you are a basement dweller living off the back of your parents.

>To defeat the jew one must become the jew.
this is the biggest redpill

>Not dominating your local togue with your m8s on a friday night

i thought Sup Forums wasn't full of cucks

yup this.
don't buy shit to keep up with the joneses.

Estonia has many hilariouss example of people pouring 50% of their monthly income into the lease of a car, bonus points if the sole reason is that it would be the best looking in front of the commieblock

Same here... My neighbor has a new mercedes that he will be paying off for the next 30 years at least considering the fact he works as a handyman in school.

But yeah, he still asks me for cigarettes when he sees me and then drives off in a mercedes... wtf is wrong with those people baffles me.

>fashion statement
Sure, if "rationality" is too modest of a word for you.

Fact is it doesn't take much money to live comfortably, yet for some reason everyone needs more to drive fancier cars than the neighbor.

I'm a minimalist or spartanist, only own a handful of clothing items. A single laptop, no television, my cellphone, three pairs of shoes (considering getting rid of a pair now).

Girlfriend and I are thinking about getting a tiny house when we buy our first home.

As far as spending money goes I'm as conservative as a Native American shaman. I try to use as little resources as possible throughout the day to insure I can keep that grocery bill consistently under $40.

Fucking hell that house looks cosy as fuck.

Would trade my house in the town for that one right now.

thats gay as fuck

A lot of tiny homes go for 20-40k, I think I'd be very happy with one provided it had high ceilings and it was not mobile.

>What are your thoughts on living modestly?

It is the smart thing to do.
Too many people live at the very extent of their means, if they can "afford it" and afford payments, they think that means it's okay to buy something.
Then when you come to any little financial downturn you are already in debt.
Living below your means is what I do, bank that $$ for when and if needed.

This, as an ancient jewish wisdom that I stole from the local Rabbi says "dei goyim don't know, but hoarding is the only way"

The true redpill is to fight fire with fire.
If the jew tries to jew you, you out-jew him and despoil him of his religion or his wealth.
If the muslim tries to kill you, you kill him first.

Pic very much right

>Hoarding money just for the sake of hoarding money

Literally (((Smaug)))

why not just get a trailer instead of your gay little hobbit ""homes""

>been wearing the same 2 pairs of shoes since high school
i always thought it was ridiculous that men AND women buy a crazy amount of shoes

Trailers are pretty ugly and seem to me to exclusively be purchased by poor white trash. Girlfriend would hate them as well, as a rule I'd never live in anything on wheels.

It's necessary at this point. There are way too many people in the world, and we all want it all. There simply aren't enough resources on the planet for 7 billion people to live like superstars.

Smart people tend to spend less money on things they don't need.

From experience, there's two things that are a dead giveaway when spotting stupid people.

1. They can't handle their own economy, buying shit they can't afford, huge credit debt, then goes on about how they never have enough money and how they "barely make ends meet".

2. They are morbidly obese and won't do anything about it even though everyone including doctors constantly tell them they will get sick and/or die early.

These two things go hand in hand.

And yes, they are most often women.

whatever you say hipster

I could never live in something that small, I need muh queen size mattress/den/office space

Most people have no idea about how little you need to be perfectly happy and content.

45k really isn't much.
I'm 26 and make 120k and I am by no means rich.

Que?

There's some HGTV shows that detail the building and purchasing process of them, many have queen size mattresses and office sized spaces. The outside can be really misleading.

Most are customized based on the individual's desires for their home.

I bet you say that cause your in Africa ya shit cunt lmao

scientifically the number is 80k

What is a hipster?

thats more than 90% of people earn in australia

isn't 120k/year minimum wage in Australia? because everything down there is super fucking expensive?

I've always lived modestly without being a tight-arse, but to be honest I'm not exactly loaded

Yeah mate, Nasho goes off cuz

>tiny house

You are retarded if you buy one of those cuck sheds.

They're literally a scam to make people overspend on tiny properties, under the pretense of being "environmentally friendly"

Most decent tiny houses (that can fit 2 people) will cost between $50000-$150000. That's as much as a large down payment on a house.

Nah dude most tiny houses that can fit families exceeding three people are $40-60k

The poor use hand-me-down long-lasting goods like cars till they can't anymore, the slightly above poor exchange cars about every three years because the monthly payments on leases are usually a bit lower than buying a car outright - but you lose money in the long run but its what they can afford month to month and they got trapped in the cycle and are afraid of biting the bullet and getting fucked hard once to be fucked less over time. Above them are the people who buy new cars every once in awhile, pay for them in a three to five year term and drive them till they start becoming unreliable. Then you hit upper-middle class which has enough expendable income to either buy outright cheaper cars or do payments on on more luxurious cars, or do two to three year trade-ins of cars to stay in style and constantly under warranty. Anything above that no longer cares about money and buys whatever they want whenever they want.

There's also a popular segment across all but the poorest levels that they'll have a 'daily' car that follows the rules above and a 'fun' car, usually an older used car that they invest their loose cash into to make it tuned to their particular preference (street-legal hot rod, track car, rally, etc.). So you might have an upper-middle class that instead of doing the cyclical luxury car, keeps a more modest and reliable sedan but has two project beasts lurking under the body of a ten year old Lancer or WRX or Mustang.

So much this.

When you buy, you lose.

forbes.com/sites/erincarlyle/2014/04/28/12-tricked-out-tiny-houses-and-why-they-cost-so-much/#4df054a6694a

Sauce, lol not a single figure placing tiny homes over 100k on average

>Most decent tiny houses (that can fit 2 people) will cost between $50000-$150000. That's as much as a large down payment on a house.

yeah, if you live in fucking Vancouver or wherever houses are overvalued

Live modestly so I can do what I want.
Don't fall for the living on a credit card scam.
Drive a 1989 mercury shit box, live in a small apartment in the city, no cable TV, eat dollar store micomeals for lunch and buy all my work clothes, and sometimes other clothes from Salvation Army.
Most people who see me on a workday might mistake me for a bum.
Work 4 days a week for myself. Am 100% debt free. Box full of cash stashed. Have a collection of vintage guitars and 3 custom built Harley Davidsons.
Fuck putting yourself in debt for apperances sake.

Nah 'dude'. I've researched these things because I'm looking into buying a house soon. These things are not worth it unless you LITERALLY want to live in a cuck shed. And I've never seen one that will comfortably fit 3 people for $60k.

Also, you need to purchase the land the house will sit on. By the time you've got everything set up you will have spend the same amount of money as you would have on a small house.

If you're really so desperate for "spartan living" then you're better off buying a large cuck shed from home depot and retrofitting it so it has the same utilities as a normal house.

homedepot.com/p/Best-Barns-Richmond-16-ft-x-28-ft-Wood-Storage-Building-richmond1628/206007201

i live modestly. not as fashion statement, i just save for the end war.

if you become the jew than you get tthe oven by those who didn't become the jew. still, if you are willing to take the risk, israel has a place for you.

>mfw

>I earn 45k a year
thats like just a few bucks above min wage here

I didn't read this

>Nah 'dude'. I've researched these things because I'm looking into buying a house soon
Odd given your research doesn't include any actual sources to support your claim that the average can exceed that of $100,000
>these things are not worth it
>KEK
Not an argument, just meme spouting
>I've never seen
I've seen multiple tiny homes fit families larger than that to the contrary. I guess we're tied on anecdotal assertions?

>Also you will need to
Not always the case, but I already own land here in Atlanta, Georgia.

>by the time you've got everything set up you will spend the same amount of money
What's this based on? The same information you pulled out of your ass?

warren buffet has 60B+ networth, but lives in a $30,000 house in NE and drives around in a cadillac

good values desu.

Who here /Volvo/?

GOAT cars. Second-hand mid-2000s model sedans are cheap as fuck.

No wonder everything there is so expensive. It's similar here.

Is that living modestly? He's not exactly a grade a celebrity. I doubt he can afford anything fancier really.

>Most people who see me on a workday might mistake me for a bum
I despise people like you. Do you think you're enlightened if you refuse to buy some decent clothes and not repel everyone around you by looking like a meth head?

He finally sold that Buick?

This guy gets it.

He's worth 110 million dollars

are you retarded? he has 100 million from harry potter

very nice

jew here
it's not a fashion statement if it's a permanent way of life

Not after all the leg lengthening surgeries.

You know what 'dude', good luck. I hope you really do waste $60k on one of these cuck sheds and live in it.

>I care what random strangers think about me

lol

The average DIY tiny house project cost just under $23,000, according to Forbes. That's a large contrast to the $150,000 estimate that you provided earlier ITT then failed to back up with anything.
>cuck
Not an argument, just meme spouting my man.

Most Americans do change their car fairly often unless you're in the rural areas where they don't seem as concerned with impressing anyone else.

i've been living in a 8 sqm (including toilet) room for 2 years so i'm used to claustrophobic environments, pic related is my wet dream

Minimum wage here'd net you like, 18k a year (though with the tightening job market, places like warehouses are offering $10-13 an hour which is about 2-5 dollars more than minimum wage which is closer to $24,000+ a year depending on the hours and overtime).

Its even livable for one to two people in most non-hipster locations. Not comfortable or happy, but livable. Don't want to have kids on that income though.

>if you were older you wouldn't be here
I'm 50.

Like I said 'my man', enjoy your tiny house that's the size of a single room. I really do hope you waste money on one of these things. Just know you fell for a massive scam.

That sounds like a comfy life. I hope to he there in 5 years or so.

>lying on the Internet

>8 sqm

wut

kek.

get out of Sup Forums once in a while din jævel. The kikes aren't behind everything.

>the size of a single room
This isn't true either, I guess you didn't really do any research?
>massive scam
I'll have spent a fraction what my grandparents spent on their home on a small home that perfectly fulfills my needs and offers modern amenities, all the while being able to use the money I save to put towards the things I actually enjoy doing life. I guess I got scammed

*square meters
you've probably never heard of meters anyway

>tiny houses AREN'T the size of a single room

You're the one memeing now, 'my man'.

no idiot how do you live in a closet. we don't offer rentals for closets here

it's called being content with what you have. lots of people are humble. not everyone is a jerk

Most rooms in American homes are about 100 square feet in size, most tiny homes are 200 square feet. But even then, isn't that the entire point?

You're lying.

Retarded logic. so fucking stupid it made me cringe.

you'd knew if you lived in Paris leaf, anything bigger than a closet is fucking impossible to afford (unless you pick a nigger neighborhood). It's a bit more than 8 actually but it's partly almost useless because of the low roof (It's in the attic)

>b-buh the entire POINT is to live in a house that's the size of a room!

Hey I thought you were saying that was a crazy thing to say, what happened my man?

I do metal fabrication and plenty of welding. I have a sweatshirt i picked up 3 months ago that looks like it's been thorough a World War.
I really don't give a fuck what you or anyone else thinks of my appearance. Especially since I know they're going to a job they hate, kissing the ass of some douchbag boss and/or customer all day to pay for some leased Volkswagon they bought so they can inpress others into thinking that they are the 'right' kind of people.

I spent the last 7 years chasing ways to climb up the career ladder, and working intensely at it. I'd say I'm relatively successful at this point - my annual salary is 230K (for the next two years of my contract), and I have an awesome level of experience for my age.

But I'm miserable. I've tried to find balance through buying nice things and drinking, neither of which works (shocker). I work insanely hard just to keep up, which drains the shit out of me. I have a gut, new gray hairs, and feel physically unhealthy. I'm only 31.

At this point, I'd rather dump a lot of the responsibility and reward that I've accumulated and just get back to a more simple life. I've made that decision, and will leave my job in the coming months, for what will likely be a sizeable pay cut in a role in my field. I don't want to remember 2009 as the last time that I was proud of the way I looked and felt, and grow old and fat while being miserable. I'll gladly give up money for that.

It was an inaccurate thing to say, as proven in the post in which you responded to.
>Steph Curry and Lebron James are the SAME size
>Steph is 6'3 and Lebron is 6'9
See how two things that are different sizes are different sizes regardless of whether or not you assert them to be the same size?

Quanti anni c'hai user?

I'm happy for you. I'm slightly envious.

>tfw ordered 3 pizzas this week

>it was an inaccurate thing to say

I wonder what else you're lying about.

By the way, be honest, do you have stock invested in any tiny house companies?